INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Media Center 12.0.47  (Read 1623 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 12.0.47
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:29:38 pm »

While we are on the tpoic of changing visually how MC looks here's a couple of things I would like to see:

1) Translucency for menus, action window items, pop up boxes, and the files at bottom pane.  This would both actually help the usabiltlity of MC, but also create a slicker cooler look for new users deciding between itunes etc....  Make it costimizable of course!

2) When hovering over tiles, the info that normally flashes at the bottom (rating, last played etc.), should instead float over the tile like a tool tip, no?

3) the Tile covers are always the same unless you restart MC.  Can't they be more random based on each time the view is selected or even refreshed?  This would really improve both the visual coolness of MC but, also create more 'ideas' for what music we might want to hear, rather than always seeing the same covers.

"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 08:56:57 pm »

Translucancy can be a cute trick but it can also hurt readability.

If you could, post a screen-shot of a mockup and we can see what other people think.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 09:32:59 pm »

Translucancy can be a cute trick but it can also hurt readability.

If you could, post a screen-shot of a mockup and we can see what other people think.

Thanks!

Ok ill give it a shot!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 09:52:42 pm »

Er, we're on the topic of changing how MC looks?  That's what I get for not paying attention.  Really, you can't blame me, though--Otto's been in the kitchen banging his pots and pans, going on about how I never listen anymore. . .

Here's something I'd like to see:

The MC pane system is great, absolutely the best way to filter data, apart from manually selecting tracks.  However, say you have manually selected tracks (maybe you've also filtered using panes also, to get to that point). 

Well, pane filtering reduces the number of visible files in the view, but selecting doesn't.  If you want to change the order or whatever, you have to add the files to playing now as a split view, in order to manipulate them with full panes/fields, which is clummsy/time consuming and not politically correct if we're trying to encourage AW PN, Matt. 

So here's my suggestion:

Introduce a right-click menu option, "filter", which would act exactly like the last, or right-most pane.  Anything coming from the panes would be filtered according to what was selected, and the remaing files would be the sole occupants of the view, just as if you had made a playlist out of them.  Only this is quicker, easier and TEMPORARY, the last stage of filtering data.

Pages: [1]   Go Up