INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting cover art synced  (Read 877 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Getting cover art synced
« on: August 04, 2006, 03:16:23 pm »

I have been trying various search terms to get cover art to sync.  This is a very simplified version of my overall sync term, but it may help to figure this out:

([Rating]=>=3 [Media Type]=[Audio]) or ([Media Type]=[Image] [Name]=Folder)

At the moment, all that does is sync all my favorite tunes & all cover art.  First, I need to restrict it to basically find duplicates.  The no duplicate function working backwards would probably work.  Using

~dup=[Artist],[Name]
seems to pull out the duplicate audio tracks.  If only I could get the Folder.jpg files tagged correctly with artist and album info, I could add a duplicate finder outside of the OR statement that would find duplicates based on artist & album.  Then, items without art would not copy, which is not a problem for me.

It seems like (theoretically) all I need is to tag my folder files.  I'm going to experiment because I know MC has good tagging capabilities.

benn600

Re: Getting cover art synced
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 03:19:43 pm »

That was SIMPLE.  I just enabled showing Artist and Album in my images view.  Then, searched for Folder.  Next, selected all and selected Fill properties from filename.  Then, selected the folder structure and not filename.  Left it at [Artist]/[Album] and now every Folder file has the necessary info.

This is going great so far.  I'll keep moving to see if I can get the playlist to pull in the right files!

benn600

Re: Getting cover art synced
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 03:22:02 pm »

I think I got it!

([Rating]=>=3 [Media Type]=[Audio]) or ([Media Type]=[Image] [Name]=Folder) ~dup=[Artist],[Album]

This is so amazing I think I will spend some time perfecting what I did and then start a new thread with a step by step guide.

It basically means anyone can get cover art to their mp3 player if they use the Folder.jpg method.
Pages: [1]   Go Up