INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize current view  (Read 1064 times)

iajim

• Recent member
Customize current view
« on: August 05, 2006, 03:29:05 pm »

I just installed MC11 on a second PC on my LAN.
I was able to link it to a file of music on a shared drive on the LAN. It sees the files & plays them fine. Data for the Tag fields shown are correct (though I suspect that is from data stored in tags on the APE file).

On the 2nd PC, I tried to design a view to match the one on the original PC using "Customize Current View". It sees the tag columns from the original PC's Library (many of them are user created). I am able to add & rearrainge fields in the "Columns to" array. But when I hit "Apply" or "Save This View" it reverts to the programs array.

I had no problem setting them up on the original PC. Why won't the 2nd one allow me to set them up?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Customize current view
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 05:15:15 pm »

sounds odd...

if you were using library server, then I'd expect the second pc to see all your custom fields, in fact, the view schemes on the 2nd pc would mirror those of the 1st.

if you were using a shared file, you would need to recreate the custom fields on the 2nd pc before it would import the data contained in the file for those fields.
once created and populated, your viewschemes should save without a problem.

Data for the Tag fields shown are correct (though I suspect that is from data stored in tags on the APE file).
Where else would the information come from?

I remember earlier you said that you'd cloned your library onto the 500, then made it your default. If you've told pc2 to use this same library too, you really shouldn't do that. You will break your library that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up