INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: image ratings vanished? (and an MJMD question)  (Read 1115 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
image ratings vanished? (and an MJMD question)
« on: August 06, 2006, 05:02:43 am »

over the past week, as I've been working through my images, any that made me go "aaaahhh" got a 5 star rating.

I'm almost done with the basic tagging tasks, (just 600 to go) and I'm turning a little attention to how I'll actually put all this work to good use.

this morning, I discover that the only files with a rating are those that were done yesterday.

Any ideas as to what might have happened to the ratings?

I've turned off the 'save in file' option for the [rating] field, so there's no matching MJMD tag, I don't know if this is relevant or not.

===========================

Matt, could you possibly clarify how important MJMD tag saving is for v12?

For a speedier MC experience, and also to avoid that dreaded 'saving tags (1 remaining)' message, I've turned off 'save in file' for everything except artist album name comment and date.

I'm getting the feeling that the MJMD tag could be pretty crucial to MC12's image handling characteristics. Is that correct?
My early experience was that, if, for example, there was an MJMD <date> tag present, MC would not import the EXIF date during an 'update from tags' pass.

For now, because I think this is most likely where problems could be creeping in, I've enable file tag saving for all my active image related tags. I've left rating out because it causes problems for me in my audio library. So far, I don't really have any opinion with regards to what feels right or wrong because before that, I need to fully understand how the relationship between the tag saving settings, Otto's update for external changes, and the IPTC import/export stuff.
Just now, my understanding is a tad patchy to say the least. apologies in advance if this post has 'blonde moment' stamped all over it ;)

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up