INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Tags don't show up in a different library  (Read 920 times)

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Custom Tags don't show up in a different library
« on: August 07, 2006, 06:52:04 pm »

I ripped some collection CDs into a library I use to store my newly ripped music files using MC 11.1.183 and Flac format.  Since I was already using the Album tag for the name of the work, I added the "Collection Name" field to the library as an extended field to be stored in the music file if possible.  I used this custom tag to describe the entire album.  I added the Collection name to the DVD drive file list view and other views.

This seemed to work fine.  I typed in the values and they appeared in the view as expected.  However, when I imported this library into my permanent library, I didn't see the Collection Name at all.  I added the Collection Name to the field list for the permanen t library and tried to import the files again.  (I used cut and paste to copy the field name from one library to the other so that I would not misspell it. I added the Collecion Name to various views. I didn't see any Collection Name info.  Next I tried selecting the music files which had a Collection Name tag and then executing the "Update Library from Tags" command.  Still no Collection name info.

I looked at a few of the files with the MP3Tag program and verified that the "COLLECTION NAME" tag was present in those files.  Since there was a difference in Capitalization, I delection the "Collection Name" field and added one named "COLLECTION NAME".  (I delected the Collection name field from vaious views and added it back after I had changed the library field. I still don't see any Collection name values in MC 11.

I don't see why this doesn't work and I don't know what to try next.

Bill

--- system info
Media Center Registered 11.1.183 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2787 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 196 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2412  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q: LITE-ON SOHW-1673SU       Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive D: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R2412   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Q: LITE-ON  SOHW-1673SU        Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Custom Tags don't show up in a different library
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:53:57 pm »

Try: Library Tools > Update Library From Tags
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Listener

• MC Beta Team
Re: Custom Tags don't show up in a different library
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 07:03:14 pm »

Matt,

I had already tried "Library Tools > Update Library From Tags" as reported in my first post.  I tried it again just now and now I see the the "Collection Name" values as expected.  Probably, I made a mistake the first time.

Thanks.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up