INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual monitor display -trying to stretch an .avi file over both properly  (Read 931 times)

Iridescence

• Recent member

Hi,
I got a second monitor hoping to be able to watch movies and stuff in a big screen tv type way. I use nvidia's desktop thing to make "one large vertical display" which woks fine for computer apps and stuff but when I try to watch a video file the image always gets stuck in the center with HUGE black gaps around it, this isn't a MC specific problem, it happens on other media players to but I was wondering if there was a solution that would allow me to sttttretch a video file over all or even most of my two monitor desktop?

thanks

using xp 64 bit 2gb ram 7800GT graphics card AMD Opteron 170 processor

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dual monitor display -trying to stretch an .avi file over both properly
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 02:42:24 pm »

Fairly unlikely without additional hardware or software, as the video card would have to support it in hardware (I believe), and they don't.  You could try using UltraMon to set up your dual-display and see if some of it's options (maximize window to desktop) will "fake" it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.  You may also want to check out the Matrox TripleHead2Go.  I'm not sure how it handles video, but it could work.

There are high-end software+hardware solutions that can truely scale a single desktop to multiple displays (used to create monolithic displays out of many "smaller" LCD panels and LCD Projectors).  These include tools to generate "overlap" and help you properly align them to avoid "gaps".  However, these are typically quite expensive.

You may want to try asking your question over on the AVSForum.  You might get some AV nerds over there who have tried similar things.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up