Author Topic: Otto  (Read 1357 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Otto
« on: August 11, 2006, 12:53:22 am »

Suggestions for Otto:

Give him his own home. I thought that the "add folder..." feature was Otto inhis entirety! Only after reading posts about his "fix broken links" functions etc. did I go searching for him. And it took me a while.
I suggest creating a new section in options called "auto import" or "auto manage" or "watch folders" or something, so that it's obvious that otto is a feature and not just a tick box somewhere.

When you click on "add folder" the path field should be empty. I wasnt sure if I was going to replace one folder with another, or if i was really going to add a folder.

Also, after losing a hard disk a while back, I am using MC's library to remember which albums and movies I lost, and then reaquire them. So I want to see my missing files.. for now.
But there is the chance that I'll move something in explorer sometime, forgetting to use MC too. It'd be great if "fix broken links" could be split into: "remove missing files" and "fix broken links" (with "fix broken links" just changing path names to match external changes).

I also agree that a default smartlist or viewscheme to browse missing files would be welcome.

park

• MC Beta Team
Re: Otto
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 12:17:12 pm »

One more function that would be great, would be a "Pause Auto Import" feature.

I use a lot of resource heavy programs (Photoshop/ Premiere/After Effects) and have enjoyed using MC to catalogue my movie files and sound effects until now. I can just drag the file i need into premiere nice and easy.

But I worry about media center actively doing stuff in the background (building thumbnails, checking folders etc.)
Already, using my old vaio laptop at home, when using MC to watch tv, things start to slow down and jitter, when MC starts making thumbnails.

park

• MC Beta Team
Re: Otto
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 09:52:44 pm »

What does "update for external changes" actually do?

It isn't this by any chance is it?
It'd be great if "fix broken links" could be split into: "remove missing files" and "fix broken links" (with "fix broken links" just changing path names to match external changes).
Pages: [1]   Go Up