INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Monitor Issue(s)  (Read 1343 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Multiple Monitor Issue(s)
« on: August 11, 2006, 01:09:54 am »

I am experimenting with my 2 monitor setup and seem to have some issues.  The end goal in this setup is to make the second monitor only show full screen content--never actually show MC on the screen.  I don't mind the border of MC but it often times creates problems by pulling MC completely to that screen.

It would be nice, too, if there was a way to keep the video in the main MC window and "detach" automatically to the 2nd monitor because there is no point in having a black box.

While I haven't tried MC 12 on my 3 monitor setup computer yet, that might bring new ideas to light.  I suppose it really depends how the user will use MC while working--whether a screen can show MC or if it would be worthless doing so.  This setup has a 31" monitor and a 17" monitor which is impossible to read from 10 feet away, so when MC goes to the monitor, retrieving MC is somewhat tricky.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Multiple Monitor Issue(s)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 02:09:08 am »

In my experiments so far, with my vaio laptop and second 17inch monitor:

If MC is in screen 01, maximised, and you set the display settings to make full screen always appear in screen 02, then when you close the display MC then appears in screen 02, maximised, rather than returning to screen 01. It doesnt bother me too much, but I figure that MC should stay where you put it.
This isnt a problem if you leave mc unmaximised.

Detached display always remembers where it should be correctly, regardless of which monitor used.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:00:52 pm »

EXACTLY!  I couldn't put what you said into words.  The problem is that MC goes to monitor 2 when full screen is closed.  Also, I want the fullscreen to be open on Monitor 2 but I also want it to let me work in MC--finding more media, rating, etc.  MC disappears on double click--but I really need the double click feature because it's quick, easy, and convenient.  Detaching and then double clicking is a hassle.

Marty3d

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 01:37:27 am »

I did a quick try to use MC12 as an ordinary "output to TV" this weekend. Didn't go well at all. It's one thing when you have both displays next to each other, but the computer in one room and the TV in another. All this running back and forth trying to get the display right. Perhaps I did it more complicated than necessary, switching between fullscreen and trying to use Detached View.

Please make this easier!

Pages: [1]   Go Up