INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thumbnail size slider bar  (Read 1307 times)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
thumbnail size slider bar
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:53:09 am »

In audio view scheme, the slider functions fine, as the thumbnail images are generally square in nature (500 x 500).

However, in Video mode, when viewing DVD movies, the album art are rectangular.
Upon restoring my MC 11 library into MC 12, the viewscheme I always used in 11 looked the same.  If I customize current view, it shows a thumbnail size of 150 x 180.

If I move the slider, I get much wider tiles.  The closest I can get to my preferred size of 150 x 180 with the slider is 232 x 174.
Can this be tuned without having to manually set the thumbnail size in the customize current view screen?

I use the slider in this viewscheme quite a bit, smaller when viewing on pc monitor, larger when viewing on HDTV set.

Here's how it looks utilizing the slider.  Too much wasted whitespace between each video.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: thumbnail size slider bar
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 12:11:32 pm »

Here's my question.  What do you use to get the movies in?  I like using Fair Use but I am thinking I need to re-do everything I've got.  The problem is that the quality varies a lot between a lot of my videos and I really would like to re-do everything so the quality is not noticeable.  I also didn't even think about scanning in DVD cover art.  I manually scanned all my CD cover art!  I think I can handle a lot fewer DVD covers.

What are the best settings for capturing all the information a DVD has but using DivX to get great quality?  Do you guys rip the credits, too?

I want a way to rip DVDs at a bitrate--not overall size which would change based on length.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: thumbnail size slider bar
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:38:06 pm »

I own all of the discs.  But I have young kids that forget to return the disc back into the same case they came from and they don't always get put back in the movie rack in the home theater room.  They grab movies and take them to another room to watch.
So, I decided to rip them all to keep their hands off the original discs.
They now watch the movies in the other room via a Buffalo Linktheater.

I don't do divx or any other compression.
When ripping the disc, I simply strip out the menus, extras and additional languages, leaving just the main movie and dolby 5.1 audio.  Takes ~4GB disk space per movie.
The folder structure of the movie on disk ends up with video_ts.ifo and 2-5 files named like VTS_01_1.vob.   I only import the VIDEO_TS.ifo file into MC.
Once that's in there, I edit the Name field to the title of the movie and fill in a genre.
I then go to amazon.com and right-click/copy on the cover art.
Go into MC and right-click/past cover art from clipboard.

I purchase maybe 2 movies a week so it's not tedious at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up