INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.54  (Read 3734 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.54
« on: August 11, 2006, 04:36:13 pm »

Download:

[ removed from circulation by JimH ]

12.0.54 (8/11/06)

1. NEW: Video zooming is also available for DVD playback.
2. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a tile while the jump on play mode was set to Playing Now could cause a crash.
3. NEW: Updated the animation that shows on the generic please wait dialog.
4. Fixed: Going directly from Mini View to a fullscreen view (display or Theater View) could cause problems.
5. Fixed: When switcing the list style of the file list below a grouping list, it wouldn't update right away.
6. Fixed: The space available on a device wouldn't properly update after a format.

12.0.53 (8/10/06)

1. NEW: Mouse wheel zooms video in and out.
2. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing on some computers.
3. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could hang the thumbnailing thread if FFDShow MPEG-4 Vidoe decoder filter is used for some DivX5.0 formatted videos.
4. Changed: Non-critical failures (mixer configuration) of Video Mixing Renderer 9 are ingored so VMR9 can continue to be used in video playback.
5. Fixed: Playback with a display could fail in some cases. (introduced in build 52)
6. Changed: Added a November 1, 2006 timeout for the beta.
7. Fixed: Editing a list-type field in the action window would make in-place list editing fail to work.
8. Fixed: With split views, the tree would not update its selection when switching focus between the views.
9. Fixed: Setting list-type fields in the tag window for multiple files at a time didn't always work properly.
10. Changed: Added a "Cancel" button to the Add Tag dialog.
11. Fixed: List tile links would fade in and out even if Media Center wasn't the focused application.
12. Fixed: Switching away from a 3D visualization using the right-click menu could stall for several seconds.
13. Changed: Caption is no longer a list-style field.
14. Changed: Switched default auto import behavior to not remove missing files from network or removable drives. (only applies to fresh installs)
15. Changed: Video zooming will cause black strips (top, bottom, or left, right) to be reduced or eliminated.
16. NEW: When doing a lossless rotation of an image, the EXIF orientation flag and database field for rotation is cleared.

12.0.52 (8/9/06)

1. Fixed: Some older iPods (firewire mini, etc.) would show a "failed to recognize iPod" error.
2. Changed: The tree and Action Windows renegotiate for available space after a tree item is expanded or collapsed.
3. Fixed: A few tree icons had gray borders on their sides.
4. Fixed: Theater View "Controls" button was not working properly.
5. Changed: Improved interaction of using multiple zones or detached displays along with custom screen resolutions.
6. NEW: Added "Nearest Monitor" as a target for Fullscreen Display and detached display. (this setting is the default)
7. Changed: Navigational favorites return.
8. Fixed: Advanced library functions like fill tags from file name not working in foreign languages.
9. NEW: IPTC written out even if it didn't already exist.
10. NEW: IPTC info added to Image format info.
11. Fixed: iPods with databases written with an older version of MC (or iTunes) would not be properly handled. (introduced in build 51)
12. Fixed: Clicking "Add New Tag" could cause a crash with some database fields.
13. Fixed: The visible tags menu in the Action Window would disappear after each click.

12.0.51 (8/8/06)

1. NEW: Theater View skins can support different background images at different locations. (see Noire for an example)
2. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in the tag window would be slower than expected.
3. Fixed: Some actions that would update the size of position of windows inside the program could disrupt the focus for the search box and other UI pieces.
4. Changed: Revised how tag window fields are picked.
5. NEW: Some check-style menus can stay visible while items are checked instead of disappearing after each tick. (see Tag window for example)
6. Fixed: Image playback statistics were not being collected properly.
7. Changed: Seeking forward no longer allows seeks past the end of the file.
8. NEW: Caption field for Images.
9. NEW: Media Center writes pre-sort indexes to iPod database to improve navigation speed.
10. Changed: Several iPod compatibility tweaks.

12.0.50 (8/7/06)

1. Changed: Action Windows don't have minimize and close buttons. (one or the other)
2. Fixed: When using small thumbnails in lists with many images, scrolling fast could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: If auto-import was removing a missing file that was also in Playing Now, it could cause a dead-lock.
4. Optimized: Building stacks for thumbnails views operates up to four times faster.
5. Fixed: Some existing IPTC tags (ones not recognized by MC) did not get saved when IPTC tags got written out.
6. Changed: Some tag window tweaks.

12.0.48 (8/4/06)

1. Changed: For DirectShow video thumbnailing, Sample Grabber method is no longer used when DirectVobSub filter is involved.
2. Changed: For DirectShow video thumbnailing, Sample Grabber method is no longer used for DVR-MS file type.
3. NEW: Skins support specifying an alpha for menu translucancy. (see Noire for an example)
4. NEW: Tooltips do a quick fade in when displaying.
5. Changed: Removed thumbnail list scroll animation -- made program feel slower instead of smoother.
6. Changed: Disabled Source Filter selection for Windows Media Video (wmv etc.) playback.

12.0.47 (8/3/06)

1. NEW: Added thumbnail list animation to smooth scrolling, thumb sizing, and view changes.
2. Optimized: File arrays (used everywhere -- database, lists, searches, etc.) use 1/2 the memory and operate faster.
3. Optimized: Improved loading speed of and memory usage for databases with many large playlists.
4. Changed: Search friendly style tokens are displayed using translated field display names instead of internal field names.
5. Changed: Search box menu now displays field names as translated display names. (instead of translated internal names)
6. Fixed: Sort cache could require more sorts than expected before a search would load out of cache.
7. Fixed: The search box menu would not be clickable when a friendly token was scrolled over it.
8. Changed: When changing thumbnail sizes, the view does a better job of staying centered on the same images.
9. Fixed: IE7b3 no longer causes connectivity problems.
10. NEW: Added IPTC image tag writing for JPEG images.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Media Center 12.0.54
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 05:23:58 pm »

With transparent menu's enabled, menus won't display properly when trying to pop up over a display window that's using G-Force as its display. Not sure who's bug that is.

And I get an error message when I try to download the MP3 encoder. I've tried going to the file directly using IE, but I get a "Page cannot be found".

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 05:40:10 pm »

Woo-Hoo!  My first MC 12 Build.... Very nice..... Except...

1) My root Audio view scheme is set to: [Media Type]=[Audio] [Complete Album]==1
With a view of Album Thumbnails sorted alphabetically by filename(path) with the details displayed at the bottom.

...it is displaying many "albums" that are not complete. (The details show complete album is set to 1)

2) Also, in the details view, filename shows the path along with the filename... is this intentional?  I assumed having filename and filename(path) would mean that you would only have the actual file's name in filename.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 06:57:12 pm »

--------
Action Window
Zoom in on a list type field in the Tag window and tick a tag, keep the selection, and use the panes to add a new tag (I added a new keyword).
That action clears the tick from the tag in the action window. Also, if there's a tick in a list type field that's not been applied, a change in audio track is clearing the tick.
--------
After working inside the tag window, then moving the mouse over the file list, the scroll wheel will not work untill the list is clicked on, or scrolled manually via the scroll bar.
--------
The cursor image is not being updated whilest inside the Action Window
--------
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
--------
How do we reset a file's playcount figure? [number plays] does not appear in the tag list.
Have 'statistics' been permanently removed from the AW now?
--------
slideshow playback
stretch small images, no
scale large images, yes
5 second delay,
no effects
transitions enabled (all of 'em)
caption: if(isempty([caption]),if(isempty([events]),if(isempty([places]),[subject],[places]),[events]),[caption]) (formatdate([date,0],dd MMMM yyyy))

After just a few images, the process becomes:
display image with caption
change caption to that of the next image
start transition > show next image

the problem is that the time between the caption changing, and the new image showing gets longer, giving the slideshow a rather disjointed feel, not unlike trying to watch a movie with out-of-sync audio
--------
expression based fields
Is this expected behaviour?
It has become markedly slower since build 47.
Matt, did you get my email? This has gone bad again. Choosing Kodak, then clicking on 'unassigned' people, selecting the first image and clicking to tag six people is taking around 14 seconds from last click, to tick.
--------
thumbnails
Place the cursor on the bottom toolbar. If there is thumbnail text just out of view, ie, behind the toolbar, the thumbnail fades out to reveal its play tag stuff.
--------
extended desktop
The TV is the secondary display device, and in the display setup, it's configured to the right of the monitor. MC's tooltips do not detect the right edge of the monitors' display area and instead, display out of view in the extended desktop area.

The context menus know where the edge is, and display to the left if there's not enough room to the right. Hopefully tooltips can be given the same 'awareness'.

both images taken from the extreme right edge of the screen.
--------
Command line stuff
mc12.exe "/playreplace TREEPATH=Playlists\viewscheme groups\Logitech\preset1"
The string above works fine if MC is running. If MC is closed, the string launches MC, but does nothing else.
v11.1 would launch and begin playback.
--------
3D visualisations ~ curious to know if anyone else sees this?
3D vizualisations are only running @ 2 fps, and make MC slow to respond. This is running MC maximised on a 1680 x 1050 screen. If I hide the tree and the file list it drops to zero fps and the pc becomes unuseable.

Setting the application window to 800 x 600, hiding the tree and the filelist, framerate is still only 4 fps. This makes 3D pong unplayable :p

(Nvidia GForce FX 5900XT running on the latest 91.31 forceware drivers)
--------
display view/taskbar issue
Note: My taskbar is along the bottom of the screen, double height..

Display view opens behind the taskbar. It requires a click on the taskbar, then a click on the disply, to bring the display to the front of the taskbar.
I thought this was fixed, but it's not. Try it with some music playing too.
--------
Display View: (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34771.0)
When in display view, images are presented fullscreen with the 'display frame' laid over the top of the image. The display bar across the top can often obscure essential details in the image, also, the bottom edge of the display frame is obscuring the OSD caption.

When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split.
--------
Tree Stuff:
Any root view scheme alphabetically lower than 'audio' can still displace the 'tabs' from their top-level resting place. <--- You fixed this? looks much better now
not fixed. placement now differs depending upon which icon is chosen for the viewscheme. "scheme" achieves the desired result. choosing any other wrecks the tree.

--------
Playing Now is also still wandering around within the tree window as things are expanded/collapsed. This often makes it quite hard to locate quickly.
--------
list-type and standard type panes behave very differently when in tagging mode. this is at best, counter-intuitive, and at worst, plain confusing. (Discuss?)
--------
After loading a viewscheme, the panes will often re-adjust themselves width-ways, usually after a track change, or after a click or two when in tagging mode. I've lost count of the times I've lined up a click to tag, only to have the pane move away from under the mouse, like some kind of RJL Software practical joke!!
--------
Wishes
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • Logitech mouse support (Discuss?)
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Could we get a "loop slideshow" option in the image playback settings? If that's possible, could we also have access to the setting when right-click on a slideshow display? This would help greatly with image playcounts being messed up when absent-mindedly left playing in the display window.
  • When using a panes view to tag images, the fade-in play | tag options and the rotating statistics beneath thumbnails seem a little redundant. Could they be turned off in this scenario? (Discuss?)
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 07:34:26 pm »

the problem is that the time between the caption changing, and the new image showing gets longer, giving the slideshow a rather disjointed feel, not unlike trying to watch a movie with out-of-sync audio

Can confirm. This was a problem for me in MC11.1 as well. However the problem existed for me (and still does) even when I don't use expressions. If I do use expressions, the more complicated the expressions get, the bigger the delay.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 08:49:36 pm »

Download:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter120054.exe

2. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a tile while the jump on play mode was set to Playing Now could cause a crash.

Still not fixed
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 09:41:06 pm »

Can confirm. This was a problem for me in MC11.1 as well. However the problem existed for me (and still does) even when I don't use expressions. If I do use expressions, the more complicated the expressions get, the bigger the delay.

I couldn't reproduce this the other day.  The caption shows as the transition starts.  It seemed reasonable to me.

Is there any trick to reproducing it?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 10:00:45 pm »

Marko,
I reformatted your message to save a little space.  It would be nice if you can trim it down to a list of bugs.  Some of them are differences of opinion on how MC should work.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 06:04:12 am »

Marko,
I reformatted your message to save a little space.  It would be nice if you can trim it down to a list of bugs.  Some of them are differences of opinion on how MC should work.
sorted.

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 03:27:23 pm »

I can't seem to find the "Track #" field in the tag editing window.

I don't have it as a choice in the big list of possible fields.

Where is it?

Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 03:47:55 pm »

I can't seem to find the "Track #" field in the tag editing window.

I don't have it as a choice in the big list of possible fields.

It is the first item before the track name and an existing track number is always visible (the field is not listed in the tag menu). You can click the number and edit it. However, it seems that adding a missing track number is not possible. Looks like a bug.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 04:15:12 pm »

It is the first item before the track name and an existing track number is always visible (the field is not listed in the tag menu). You can click the number and edit it. However, it seems that adding a missing track number is not possible. Looks like a bug.

Ok, I found it for tracks that already have track numbers and I was able to change it.

But it seems to be impossible to add tracks numbers to tracks that don't have one!

jgreen

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 09:18:51 pm »

Playing Now in the AW has gone strange.  Previously, it was difficult, although not impossible, to drag-and-drop tracks into a populated playing now.  Sure, things slid around a bit, but they eventually got there.  Now, you are lucky if your struggles to order Playing Now doesn't result in all tracks (except currently playing) being removed from Playing Now.  I'm telling you, it has a mind of its own!

jgreen

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 10:27:11 pm »

When you right-click on a track in Playing Now in the AW, select "locate/On disk (inside media center)" the results are not predictable.  the majority of the time, it seems to return the full track list of the album credited to the track you selected.  And if there are no other tracks on that album (other than the one you selected) mc freezes while thinking about it, permanently.  And on 20%-30% of the attempts, this command returns all available tracks in your library.

jgreen

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 08:07:56 pm »

v.054 will not show DVD playback in a detachedc display on a second monitor, similar to immediately previous versions.  WMP stops also, but eventually recovers, while the lowly HP Quickplay player chugs right through like a trooper.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 12:07:49 am »

Was this only pulled because of the re-closing of the Beta, or is there some problem with it we should be aware of?

If so, I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow for a new build, as I missed this one.   Come on guys, I was playing on Friday (I have little "J River time" on Friday evenings, other than using MC)... This build was just staring at me there all weekend.  So close, yet... So far.

;D

PS.  And you might want to take a look at cleaning up your FTP.  It's a mess.  And it looks like enough documentation, trialware, and other weird stuff is on there that someone with more nefarious plans (I was just hunting around to see if I could find the build) might be able to glean some information about how the FTP server is set up.  Never good...  And since you're obviously going to have to do some work there anyway to resurrect the private builds...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 01:39:19 am »

I think it was pulled because the address leaked outside this forum.

JRiver could put the build back today, but use a different filename.

The filename of each build could contain a few arbitrary characters so it would be impossible to guess the name even if an older DL address is known.

The preceding build could be removed from the server each time a new build is up. The beta testers can store a few recent builds locally.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 05:23:25 am »

this version froze on "Fixing Broken Links"

File: 86874 of 86874

and has not displayed the done popup info page

extra info:

there was one(1) file in playing now, it was not playing
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 08:57:11 am »

The preceding build could be removed from the server each time a new build is up. The beta testers can store a few recent builds locally.

I do prefer that they keep preceding builds up if possible.  Occasionally a new build will cause problems, and rolling back 1 build at a time is helpful to diagnose when problems started.

That's fine as long as you're paying attention and grabbing each build as they come.  I miss them often in the summer time though...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 01:29:08 pm »

Sorry to realize that the good'ole "rip refresh bug" seems to be still present in this build.  Rip one CD and forget about ripping more CDs with that drive unless you reboot your system. It's a really irritating one, if I may say.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 03:12:53 pm »

Here is a greate update for the German Translation 14.8.06
http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/mc12de.zip
JRiver Please insert it in the next build
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 04:11:07 pm »

Moving Columns causes a flashing problem via drag and drop
Pages: [1]   Go Up