INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Non-beta 12 first impressions  (Read 1431 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Non-beta 12 first impressions
« on: August 11, 2006, 05:35:02 pm »

Now that I have been given permission to look at 12 and try it out, here are my thoughts. They probably have been said before and I actually started from the back of this forum and tried to read what people said before but gave up. So I apologize if it has been said before.

First, Interact is giving me major connection problems today. But anyway...

I use the All I Need trackinfo and when playing a song, the cover image kept resizing at first. Then suddenly something happened with me playing around with the other options throughout the program, in addition to installing from 53 to 54, and it seems okay now.

When playing a song and switching out of Playing Now, the mini Display pops up at the bottom left. At least with the trackinfo I use, it's useless. Maybe there needs to be the ability to specify a different display for this tiny Display so at least it provides some use.

Comments:
New tagging - After a little while trying it out, it is nice to see only those fields you want to edit. However the tag editor for lyrics is much worse than the version 11. Now there's only a small window to work in unless you drag the tree to the right. Just incorporate Doof's Lyrics Editor and you'll have the best of all. If users didn't know about Doof's editor, they would be very disappointed with editing lyrics.

Otto - Cute name but no where to found in the program. Call it what it really is. Unfortunately it's another feature that I don't need. I know when I have added files to my media location and can easily click Import after I do so.

Noire - Sorry but you got me used to Aruba. And then the new feature of transparent menus don't work anywhere else. When specifying the additional feature of transparent menus, you might want to make it clear that you have to use Noire to get it.

I have to agree with others that this looks like version 11.2. The focus was on Images and Video and unfortunately I don't really use those. It's a shame that there were a ton of suggestions for improvements from 11 to 12 in the MC12 topic and hardly any of those were implemented.

Will I buy it? I probably better because development will probably end on version 11 and the focus only put on 12.
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Non-beta 12 first impressions
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 06:19:59 pm »

... development will probably end on version 11 and the focus only put on 12.
Development on 11 has ended.  Unless we find something awful, we may not touch it.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
Re: Non-beta 12 first impressions
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 07:43:26 pm »

The focus was on Images and Video and unfortunately I don't really use those. It's a shame that there were a ton of suggestions for improvements from 11 to 12 in the MC12 topic and hardly any of those were implemented.

I understand your point, but for those of us who use MC for video and images, this is a big deal. MC12 is still beta so (and please step in and tell me if I'm wrong) there is still room for changes to audio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up