INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display view and floating borders  (Read 1354 times)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Display view and floating borders
« on: August 12, 2006, 08:59:00 am »

I think it was probably a good move to merge windowed and full screen into "display mode" (and I know a lot of thought/discussion went into this), but there is one thing I find rather irritating...

The fact that the borders pop up whenever I use the mouse means that I can't zoom in/focus/drag the image to regions at the top or the bottom of the screen.

Example: I have some A4 sheet music files stored as image (jpeg files)
-> When opened in display mode, as the image is larger than the display area, the file is shrunk to fit the display area. This is fine.
-> I decide I want to zoom in on a particular line of music.
-> To do this I have to use the mouse, which brings up the play controls/borders. If I'm trying to focus on part of the top of the image (eg the first line of music), the borders effectively obscure this area.

I then have to wait a few seconds (I know I'm impatient :)) for the borders to disappear. Any further adjustments (to drag the image for eg) will bring up the borders again. This can become rather frustrating.

I know there was similar behaviour in MC11 but the borders were much smaller and it just didn't seem to bother me as much...

Is this area set in stone, or would it be possible to (a) only bring up the borders if mouse placed in top left corner of screen or (b) only bring it up on mouse click or (c) be able to set options to behave like either of the above?

I may not have mentioned I have a tiny 15 inch monitor. Every inch is precious.

Am I alone in my anguish?
:-\

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Display view and floating borders
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 09:18:15 am »

Something like your suggestion (a) would be a fine option.

The top bar could be activated only from the bar area itself. Then the mouse could be used on the rest of the display area without making the top bar appear. In this mode the top bar should not be initially visible.

The appearing side and bottom borders are completely unnecessary and distracting in the full screen display view.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Display view and floating borders
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 10:47:03 am »

some other pertinent comments in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34771.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up