INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 stream handling  (Read 812 times)

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
MC12 stream handling
« on: August 12, 2006, 09:54:46 am »

This may've been discussed already on the MC12 board but I don't have access so I can't check.  Anyway, my main requesst is for better stream handling.  I listen to a LOT of Internet radio and the handling of the metadata as well as redirects is not the best.  What do I mean?  Well, there's one Internet radio station that puts information about artist and song into the metadata.  Media Center receives and displays it just fine but it also updates what's stored in the database so the next time I look at that station's playlist entry, I see the last artist and song as opposed to the name of the station.  This can be quite disconcerting when you've got a list of 4 or 5 streams the make up the playlist -- each of them display a different song/artist.

I'd also request that the original URL for the stream be maintained in the database as opposed to replacing it with the component parts of the stream. A lot of the stations I listen to use multiple providers and they update their playlist contents every so often to rebalance the load or take some streams offline/online.  When Media Center reads the playlist from the site, it looks like it replaces the original URL in the database with the individual playlist components so, instead of a single playlist item, I'll end up with 4 of 5.  I believe the database is updated because when I close and reopen MC, my single URL has been replaced by 4 or 5 streams.
Shortie
Pages: [1]   Go Up