INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag and video  (Read 1371 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Tag and video
« on: August 13, 2006, 03:24:23 pm »

I just installed .53 on my "production" machine, until now I've only tested MC12 on my laptop, connecting to LS. I thought that I'd start with my video files, like TV shows and movies.

So I let Otto do his work and all was fine. But now when I sit and tag my video files, setting Album to series name, Season number and so on, some strange behaviour occurs.

1. On movies, I add the same name to both [Album] and [Name]. But sometimes, the [Name] field disappears from the tag window.

2. Since I use other fields than the preset ones for video, I add and remove a bit amongst the fields. But occasional the menu for fields just says n/a. I don't know why...

On the side question:
Since MC11 only grouped items by Album, can MC12 group by the default Season as well? How do you other ppl use MC for video tagging?

/Martin

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re: Tag and video
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 04:01:15 pm »

2. Since I use other fields than the preset ones for video, I add and remove a bit amongst the fields. But occasional the menu for fields just says n/a. I don't know why...

Same happened here. Just imported a few video clips ripped from a concert DVD. I wanted to tag them using the "tag" action window while the files were still in the "Recently Imported" Playlist. I wanted to add the "Album" field and found out that the upper left corner menu for the fields just said n/a, so no way to add more fields to the already existing ones.

Changed to a view scheme that I normally use for tagging and encounter the same problem... I could eventually tag other fields (date, rating, etc.) using the panes, but no way to add new fields to the tag window... always the "n/a" thing.

Afer a while, while browsing a different view scheme I happened by chance to browse the same artist the video clips where from. Just out of curiosity, I selected the album, opened the "tag" action window, and click on the left corner menu... surprisingly, the fields were now all available and no more "n/a" was displayed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up