INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albums Not Importing  (Read 1753 times)

goodog

• Recent member
Albums Not Importing
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:23:43 pm »

Apologises if this has been answered before, I searched but couldn't find one...

I have a fairly large music library, 1122 albums all now ripped to my PC and I've imported them all into MC11.1...except for 2!!! No matter what I do they will not import, I've even stripped the tags off them completely and replaced them from scratch. They aren't the last 2 imported either, I've done a few more since and they went okay.....just these two.

If anyone has any ideas please help.

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Albums Not Importing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:04:31 pm »

Check to see if the checkbox for "ignore...." is not checked on the import window.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 11:29:21 pm »

When you do the import, expand out the advanced options and review your choices.  The 'Exclude files previously removed' has tripped me up before.  There is also a 'Ignore small files' option.

As to the album count - do you have multiple albums with the exact same name?

goodog

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 02:06:31 am »

Hi Guys

Thanks for this, I hadn't checked the options but that could be the reason.....and I think you're probably right about the album names...e.g. 'Mirrorball'...both Neil Young and Sarah McLaughlin. I'll also check this out. Thanks again Guys.

goodog

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 02:08:51 am »

Hmmmmm....neither worked I'm afraid, the exclude and ignore options are unchecked, the file names and formats are exactly the same as every other file in my library, 'cos I'm anal like that, there are no illegal characters and my main database, Helium, picks them up with no trouble.......also all albums have a unique despite what I said so Neil Young's album is called Mirrorball, Sarah Mclaughlin's is called Mirrorball Live..........

Again, at the end of my tether, any other ideas, please, pretty please....for my sanity, what's left of it!!!

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 09:47:02 am »

What happens if...

go to playing now
clear playing now if there are any files there
drag the files from explorer to playing now
select all of them
right click and select the import option?

If they do import correctly maybe they have a file extension that is unticked in the main 'import media' (advanced) dialog?

If they don't import, what happens if you try to play them?
I had a similar issue with a corrupt files copied from a failing hard drive to a good one

Just guessing here though...
One other possibility is that they have the wrong file extension
eg they have .mp3 but really th're something else

goodog

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 02:55:59 am »

Hi Dlone

Thanks for that, I'll try it and let you know what happens, I don't think it's the file extension though, reason being, I run all my mp3's through a batch convertor so that all the mp3's are the same format, bit rate etc., also I rename all files so they are the same format as well (I'm very very anal like that...) ;D However, that's not to say the files aren't corrupted in any way, I haven't actually checked that.....

Anyway, I'm in work just now so it'll be a while before I get to try this out but I will let you know.

Thanks again.

goodog

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 03:04:44 am »

Hi Dlone

Thanks for that info, the files won't play in MC so it sees them as corrupt. At least I know now, I cantry and fix them or re-record them anyway...thanks again.

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 04:19:18 pm »

No problem, at least now you know what the probem was...
Pages: [1]   Go Up