INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.55  (Read 7518 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.55
« on: August 14, 2006, 04:51:46 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120055.exe

12.0.55 (8/14/06)

1. NEW: Scheduler view has its own scheduler view header image.
2. Fixed: Downloads of plugins, etc. could fail.
3. Fixed: Video zooming would not anchor at the right point.
4. Fixed: Video zooming with "Crop Edges" option on did not work smoothly.
5. Changed: Switching zones no longer ensures that Media Center is visible.
6. Fixed: Upgrade pricing for v12 was not working properly.
7. Changed: Detached display remembers if it was fullscreen last time it was detached and returns to the same state.
8. NEW: Video zooming is available in TV.
9. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)

12.0.54 (8/11/06)

1. NEW: Video zooming is also available for DVD playback.
2. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a tile while the jump on play mode was set to Playing Now could cause a crash.
3. NEW: Updated the animation that shows on the generic please wait dialog.
4. Fixed: Going directly from Mini View to a fullscreen view (display or Theater View) could cause problems.
5. Fixed: When switcing the list style of the file list below a grouping list, it wouldn't update right away.
6. Fixed: The space available on a device wouldn't properly update after a format.

12.0.53 (8/10/06)

1. NEW: Mouse wheel zooms video in and out.
2. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing on some computers.
3. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could hang the thumbnailing thread if FFDShow MPEG-4 Vidoe decoder filter is used for some DivX5.0 formatted videos.
4. Changed: Non-critical failures (mixer configuration) of Video Mixing Renderer 9 are ingored so VMR9 can continue to be used in video playback.
5. Fixed: Playback with a display could fail in some cases. (introduced in build 52)
6. Changed: Added a November 1, 2006 timeout for the beta.
7. Fixed: Editing a list-type field in the action window would make in-place list editing fail to work.
8. Fixed: With split views, the tree would not update its selection when switching focus between the views.
9. Fixed: Setting list-type fields in the tag window for multiple files at a time didn't always work properly.
10. Changed: Added a "Cancel" button to the Add Tag dialog.
11. Fixed: List tile links would fade in and out even if Media Center wasn't the focused application.
12. Fixed: Switching away from a 3D visualization using the right-click menu could stall for several seconds.
13. Changed: Caption is no longer a list-style field.
14. Changed: Switched default auto import behavior to not remove missing files from network or removable drives. (only applies to fresh installs)
15. Changed: Video zooming will cause black strips (top, bottom, or left, right) to be reduced or eliminated.
16. NEW: When doing a lossless rotation of an image, the EXIF orientation flag and database field for rotation is cleared.

12.0.52 (8/9/06)

1. Fixed: Some older iPods (firewire mini, etc.) would show a "failed to recognize iPod" error.
2. Changed: The tree and Action Windows renegotiate for available space after a tree item is expanded or collapsed.
3. Fixed: A few tree icons had gray borders on their sides.
4. Fixed: Theater View "Controls" button was not working properly.
5. Changed: Improved interaction of using multiple zones or detached displays along with custom screen resolutions.
6. NEW: Added "Nearest Monitor" as a target for Fullscreen Display and detached display. (this setting is the default)
7. Changed: Navigational favorites return.
8. Fixed: Advanced library functions like fill tags from file name not working in foreign languages.
9. NEW: IPTC written out even if it didn't already exist.
10. NEW: IPTC info added to Image format info.
11. Fixed: iPods with databases written with an older version of MC (or iTunes) would not be properly handled. (introduced in build 51)
12. Fixed: Clicking "Add New Tag" could cause a crash with some database fields.
13. Fixed: The visible tags menu in the Action Window would disappear after each click.

12.0.51 (8/8/06)

1. NEW: Theater View skins can support different background images at different locations. (see Noire for an example)
2. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in the tag window would be slower than expected.
3. Fixed: Some actions that would update the size of position of windows inside the program could disrupt the focus for the search box and other UI pieces.
4. Changed: Revised how tag window fields are picked.
5. NEW: Some check-style menus can stay visible while items are checked instead of disappearing after each tick. (see Tag window for example)
6. Fixed: Image playback statistics were not being collected properly.
7. Changed: Seeking forward no longer allows seeks past the end of the file.
8. NEW: Caption field for Images.
9. NEW: Media Center writes pre-sort indexes to iPod database to improve navigation speed.
10. Changed: Several iPod compatibility tweaks.

12.0.50 (8/7/06)

1. Changed: Action Windows don't have minimize and close buttons. (one or the other)
2. Fixed: When using small thumbnails in lists with many images, scrolling fast could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: If auto-import was removing a missing file that was also in Playing Now, it could cause a dead-lock.
4. Optimized: Building stacks for thumbnails views operates up to four times faster.
5. Fixed: Some existing IPTC tags (ones not recognized by MC) did not get saved when IPTC tags got written out.
6. Changed: Some tag window tweaks.

12.0.48 (8/4/06)

1. Changed: For DirectShow video thumbnailing, Sample Grabber method is no longer used when DirectVobSub filter is involved.
2. Changed: For DirectShow video thumbnailing, Sample Grabber method is no longer used for DVR-MS file type.
3. NEW: Skins support specifying an alpha for menu translucancy. (see Noire for an example)
4. NEW: Tooltips do a quick fade in when displaying.
5. Changed: Removed thumbnail list scroll animation -- made program feel slower instead of smoother.
6. Changed: Disabled Source Filter selection for Windows Media Video (wmv etc.) playback.

12.0.47 (8/3/06)

1. NEW: Added thumbnail list animation to smooth scrolling, thumb sizing, and view changes.
2. Optimized: File arrays (used everywhere -- database, lists, searches, etc.) use 1/2 the memory and operate faster.
3. Optimized: Improved loading speed of and memory usage for databases with many large playlists.
4. Changed: Search friendly style tokens are displayed using translated field display names instead of internal field names.
5. Changed: Search box menu now displays field names as translated display names. (instead of translated internal names)
6. Fixed: Sort cache could require more sorts than expected before a search would load out of cache.
7. Fixed: The search box menu would not be clickable when a friendly token was scrolled over it.
8. Changed: When changing thumbnail sizes, the view does a better job of staying centered on the same images.
9. Fixed: IE7b3 no longer causes connectivity problems.
10. NEW: Added IPTC image tag writing for JPEG images.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.55
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 04:55:21 pm »

7. Changed: Detached display remembers if it was fullscreen last time it was detached and returns to the same state.

Yay.  Thanks!

EDIT: It works as advertised, but if you have "Nearest Monitor" set as the Full Screen display (as most people would) it acts a bit weird.

Here's my method:

1. Detatch display to a small window.  It defaults to Monitor #2 (I have "Nearest" selected).  I assume that's because that's where I last put the detatched display.  Cool, since that's where I usually want the detached display.

2. On Monitor #2 I double click on the detached display window.  It goes full screen on that monitor as expected (good job).

3. I click on the "Click Here to Bring It Back" and it comes back.

4. I detach the display again.  It does now correctly remembers that it was in fullscreen mode.  However, it fullscreens on Monitor #1 (as opposed to Monitor #2 where it was before).

5.  Even more confusing, if I double click to un-fullscreen the detached display, then the "windowed mode" detached display goes back to Monitor #2 where it belongs.  There is still no way to have the detached display automatically go to the second monitor in fullscreen, except for to set the fullscreen display to always go to Monitor #2 (which sort of defeats the purpose of having it remember it's state).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 06:04:56 pm »

Yeah, I had "nearest monitor" as my default when I tried this, and it behaves like a bug would until you figure out what needs to be adjusted.

--DVD playback still does not show video in a detached display showing on a second monitor.  Interestingly, if you drag thedisplay halfway across both monitors, the video will show properly in the home monitor.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 06:34:46 pm »

Where is the Track# in the Tag Info?

TRACK # must be a standard field into the Tag Window, at the moment I cannot edit the Track# comfortably.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 06:37:48 pm »

Where is the Track# in the Tag Info?

TRACK # must be a standard field into the Tag Window, at the moment I cannot edit the Track# comfortably.

Hahaha!!!

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35219.0

;D  ;D  ;D

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 06:41:48 pm »

Yes it is only visible if a title a TRACK number has, TRACK info. should be always visible. 
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 06:43:06 pm »

I just found it funny that I had, only moments before, complained about the exact same thing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 06:55:03 pm »

Yeah, I had "nearest monitor" as my default when I tried this, and it behaves like a bug would until you figure out what needs to be adjusted.

But it is going fullscreen on the nearest monitor from where it was detached.  It's something of a paradox.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 07:05:19 pm »

It is a paradox definitely... However, it isn't really going to the nearest monitor from where it IS detatched.  It's going to the nearest monitor to where it was before it was detached.  That's not super useful because you could just accomplish the same thing by entering Full Screen mode normally (double clicking on the Display Action Window or F11 or whatever).

You can see this when you un-fullscreen from the detached view.  The detached view is not on the same monitor that the Full Screen view was just on...

I think the way to think of the Detached View and remembering it's state is this:

The view is Detached first.  It goes to whatever monitor it's supposed to be on based on previously designed logic.  Then, and only then, does it check what it's last state was and Fullscreens/Windowed-modes depending on how it was last left.  That way, the "Detached Fullscreen" will end up where it is expected.

I don't know how you want to implement this in code... Perhaps you should briefly show the Windowed Detached View and then have it expand, or perhaps it should just open expanded there...

jgreen

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 09:40:26 pm »

The new mascot for MC12:  Schrodinger's Cat.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 09:47:42 pm »

So are we the decayed neucleus or the undecayed one?  (Because we surely can't be both at the same time... Or can we?)

And who exactly is the apparatus?

Jim?

Holy cat killing gas! ...I knew he was funny looking but I had no idea!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 10:04:30 pm »

The new mascot for MC12:  Schrodinger's Cat.

We're keeping him in the box.  PETA is only half as upset this way.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 07:44:22 am »

Sometimes when creating a synchronized Library with handheld devices,
when cancel is pressed, and then the yep I'm sure I wanna cancel button is
pressed Media Center gets stuck with the message
"99% - MP3 Device,
Less than 1 Minute"

Media Center is then impossible to close.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 08:29:13 am »

We're keeping him in the box.  PETA is only half as upset this way.

Right... Because as long as you don't open the box, you can tell PETA that the cat is both still alive and dead!  Of course, then ALF will come after you for keeping the cat in a box inhumanely...

Always makes me laugh that their name is ALF...

(Didn't he eat cats??)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 04:07:27 pm »

Shell integration option to "open with download manager" is no longer there.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 04:29:20 pm »

Shell integration option to "open with download manager" is no longer there.

There is no standalone download manager with MC 12.

Media Center has an integrated download manager but it is only available for service downloads.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 05:00:25 pm »

In the new tag edting area, there is wasted space in fields of data type "list (comma delimited), such as the Keywords and People fields.

As you can see in the screen shot, it's placing each item in the list on it's own row, no matter how short the list item is.
This creates wasted space in the areas marked with a red circle.

No matter how wide I make the tree, it still won't list more than one list item on a single row.

Can a line-wrap be added here with a tab or commas inbetween the list items?

Three list items is generally the extreme for my usage, and at least 2 of them would fit on a single line.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 05:41:05 pm »

Closed MC to install .55...

jrimage.dll is locked and can't be copied.
critical installer error, reboot and try again.

Checked the task manager, and sure enough, there's Media Center 12.exe still running, using 35 megs of memory and no cpu.
It's not responding to the 'end task' request....
and guess who doesn't have debug logging turned on?
Bleh!
rebooting...

jgreen

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 06:42:05 pm »

Matt--

Regarding the removal of Download manager, what is the recommended method for downloading non-servie files, say from etree.org?  Is this not related to my thread re/web radio no longer playing by dragging links into Playing Now?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 09:14:19 pm »

Screen update bug.....

Select an album.  Click on "show files"
Highlight  track 1 and track 8 using ctrl-click.
In the tag editing window....
edit keyword field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.
edit people field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.

DO NOT TOUCH MOUSE FOR A MINUTE.
Note that the keyword and people fields have not yet updated in the file details on the right.

I've waited several minutes without an update of the screen.
Pass your mouse over the 2 highlighted songs and finally you'll see the fields update.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 09:35:15 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120055.exe

6. Fixed: The space available on a device wouldn't properly update after a format.

Confirmed!  Thanks  ;)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2006, 01:48:56 am »

Repeated "external changes" message on video_ts.ifo file.

Tools > Options > Library > Check Folders Now

It runs through it's thing, then reports that all of my video_ts.ifo files from ripped dvd's had external changes.

Immediately run Check Folders Now again.
It indicates external changes on the same set of .ifo files.
Nothing changed since 3 seconds ago.

Here's an excerpt from the in-depth summary:

Library now has 26090 files. Search and update took 0:08.

Imported 0 new files.
Updated 240 files that had external changes.

In-depth details:
23824890: Import: Process: Starting import (JRiver Media Center 12.0.55)
23824890: Import: GetNewFiles: Start
23826375: Import: GetNewFiles: Finish (1485 ms)
23826375: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Start
23826375: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Changed: F:\dvd4\A Simple Plan\DVD\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23826375: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Changed: F:\dvd3\saw ii\trnt\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23826390: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Changed: F:\dvd2\Amityville Horror, The\DVD\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23826390: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Changed: F:\dvd3\Jarhead\TRNT\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd

<snip>

23833140: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Finish (6765 ms)
23833140: Import: FixBrokenLinks: Start
23833140: Import: FixBrokenLinks: Finish (0 ms)
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Start
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Updating: F:\dvd4\A Simple Plan\DVD\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Updating: F:\dvd3\saw ii\trnt\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Updating: F:\dvd2\Amityville Horror, The\DVD\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Updating: F:\dvd3\Jarhead\TRNT\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd

<snip>

23833187: Import: UpdateFiles: Finish (47 ms)
23833281: Import: Process: Finish (8391 ms)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006, 01:59:35 am »

Images not sync'ing to Ipod Photo.

Initialized my ipod.
Most playlists set to sync are mp3 audio.
One playlist contains 9 jpg images I like to keep on the ipod.
These always sync'd fine in MC 11.1.

In MC 12 I get a Confirm Action message box.
The following 9 files cannot be transferred.  Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types.  Remove the unsupported tracks and continue the transfer?

Answered yes and the audio transferred fine.
Device supports photos and used to work, needs to be able to sync them in MC12.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 02:13:48 am »

I've been using the Hairstrem skin for Theater View under MC12, have just installed .55 and MC now reports it can't find the skin.

The Hairstream directory in still there, so not sure why it can no longer find it.

Worked fine with .50.

Richard

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 06:09:35 am »

Repeated "external changes" message on video_ts.ifo file.

Tools > Options > Library > Check Folders Now

It runs through it's thing, then reports that all of my video_ts.ifo files from ripped dvd's had external changes.

Immediately run Check Folders Now again.
It indicates external changes on the same set of .ifo files.
Nothing changed since 3 seconds ago.

Here's an excerpt from the in-depth summary:

Library now has 26090 files. Search and update took 0:08.

Imported 0 new files.
Updated 240 files that had external changes.

In-depth details:
23824890: Import: Process: Starting import (JRiver Media Center 12.0.55)
23824890: Import: GetNewFiles: Start
23826375: Import: GetNewFiles: Finish (1485 ms)
23826375: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Start
23826375: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Changed: F:\dvd4\A Simple Plan\DVD\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23826375: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Changed: F:\dvd3\saw ii\trnt\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23826390: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Changed: F:\dvd2\Amityville Horror, The\DVD\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23826390: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Changed: F:\dvd3\Jarhead\TRNT\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd

<snip>

23833140: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Finish (6765 ms)
23833140: Import: FixBrokenLinks: Start
23833140: Import: FixBrokenLinks: Finish (0 ms)
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Start
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Updating: F:\dvd4\A Simple Plan\DVD\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Updating: F:\dvd3\saw ii\trnt\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Updating: F:\dvd2\Amityville Horror, The\DVD\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd
23833140: Import: UpdateFiles: Updating: F:\dvd3\Jarhead\TRNT\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd

<snip>

23833187: Import: UpdateFiles: Finish (47 ms)
23833281: Import: Process: Finish (8391 ms)

It's not so much an 'external changes' bug, as a 'missing file' bug. What I see, is that MC gives the ifo file a filename that goes like so:
\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1
and Otto always treats that as a missing file. You can see this if you try the a "locate on disk (inside MC)" MC will mosey over to the correct directory and list it.
If you try "on disk, external" you'll get a windows (not MC, explorer) error message that the ".dvd" does not exist.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2006, 08:46:45 am »

Please see this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35240.0

It's a bug that I'm really not willing to test with each new build of MC, as it's very time consuming and CD-R wasteful. If a build comes out that looks like it addresses the problem I'll be willing to test it again, but until then, I'm just going to keep posting this message.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2006, 09:55:40 am »

cd ripping wierdness encountered.

auto rip is enabled, as is auto eject, ripping in secure mode. (old discs)

anyhoo, first disc rips fine and pops out. insert 2nd disc and nothing happens.
the AW has some text that says "click here to restart ripping" and clicking that returns an error message along the lines of there being no files to rip, retry or cancel?

I retry, then cancel when it pops again, open options to double check things, nothing needs changing there, press OK, and hey presto, MC starts ripping the second disc.

Not too sure how I managed it, but my AW has gone AWOL!! Honestly...
I got some pretty bad results from my secure rip, figures in the 8% region, loads of "unreliable data after 16 attempts" etc.
I was using the "play section" button of the secure rip log dialogue.
The tag window was open at the time.
I decided to delete the tracks and rip again, so OK'd away the log dialogue, selected the files in the auto-displayed 'recently ripped' list and 'shift+deleted' them.
Went to the AW to sort out the ripping job...

closing the tag window didn't help...

:D
playing now list has been emptied. the last track in that list had been the now deleted recently ripped track I'd been playing bad samples from.
FWIW, the tree is benefitting from all the extra real-estate ;)
If I go tools > rip cd, the rip window shows up as expected, ready to re-rip my cd.
I'm so tempted to carry on with this, but I'm worried MC might get a bit whacked out in this state. It's really quite refreshing in a wierd kind of way. Hiding the AW like this should be possible as a matter of course if you ask me, which of course, I know you didn't, but, there you go :)

restarting MC brought the AW back.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 10:12:26 am »

cd ripping wierdness encountered.

Related to Deivit's oft reported Rip Refresh (also here and here among other mentions) bug?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2006, 10:40:45 am »

It's not so much an 'external changes' bug, as a 'missing file' bug. What I see, is that MC gives the ifo file a filename that goes like so:
\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1
and Otto always treats that as a missing file. You can see this if you try the a "locate on disk (inside MC)" MC will mosey over to the correct directory and list it.
If you try "on disk, external" you'll get a windows (not MC, explorer) error message that the ".dvd" does not exist.

I see.  the actual filename is video_ts.ifo
MC is calling it video_ts.dvd

The movies play properly, so I'm not too worried about it.  It's just that if Otto is doing the same thing every few minutes, then that's wasted cpu time hitting all those invalid "file not found".

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 11:04:42 am »

I've been using the Hairstrem skin for Theater View under MC12, have just installed .55 and MC now reports it can't find the skin.

The Hairstream directory in still there, so not sure why it can no longer find it.

Worked fine with .50.

Richard

Theater View skins need an update for MC 12.  The version must be updated in the XML, and the background section must be converted to the new style that allows different background images in different spots.

See any included skin for an example.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2006, 11:07:10 am »

Get Image from Internet doesn't work. It doesn't find any image, even for mainstream albums. This feature seems not having worked in any MC.12 build so far.

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2006, 11:31:51 am »

Get Image from Internet doesn't work. It doesn't find any image, even for mainstream albums. This feature seems not having worked in any MC.12 build so far.

I thought I was crazy.  I've had trouble with V11.1 with this too.

But your note made me do a test.  Deleted cover art for "Barenaked Ladies - Rock Spectacle" album.  Tried to find album art on internet with normal and loose and neither worked.  I think that is a pretty mainstream album.

Edit:  tested a couple more albums in both 11.1 and 12 and not finding anything.  Would be happy to check some logs or other URLs if needed.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2006, 11:59:57 am »

I thought I was crazy.  I've had trouble with V11.1 with this too.

But your note made me do a test.  Deleted cover art for "Barenaked Ladies - Rock Spectacle" album.  Tried to find album art on internet with normal and loose and neither worked.  I think that is a pretty mainstream album.

Edit:  tested a couple more albums in both 11.1 and 12 and not finding anything.  Would be happy to check some logs or other URLs if needed.

It seems it doesn't work with MC.11 neither
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34875.msg237817#msg237817

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2006, 12:06:49 pm »

I've been having this issue since 11.1.192 or so.
I created a separate thread on it.
OTHER THREAD HERE

Today I ran the entire list of Kiss albums through it and got no art.
In one test I ran this weekend, I was 0 for 900  :(

Can JRiver confirm that this feature uses port 80 or not so we can rule out any firewall issues?
Anyone else able to grab new art successfully?

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2006, 12:13:05 pm »

I'm not sure whether to report this as a bug or not, but MC12 seems to be constantly making thumbnails. The whole time I have MC loaded little Ogg directishow icons appear and disapear down in the taskbar.

Tagging a video file also seems to take ages. After you hit enter to set the tag it seems like an age before the program becomes responsive again.

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2006, 12:17:21 pm »

I'm not sure whether to report this as a bug or not, but MC12 seems to be constantly making thumbnails.

I feel like this is related to my slow down problem, but i can't be sure.

I am going to generate all thumbnails (which I have already done in V 12, but it seems like it is still trying to create more thumbnails.)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2006, 03:18:56 pm »

auto-rip is plain 'not working'. inserting another cd in the drive does nothing.

single-CD ablums, ie. those with an empty [disc #] are being assigned [disc #]==1 as soon as ripping starts. This info is saved to the cd\dvd database, and in the files' tags too. This is playing havoc with several viewschemes.

I've tried both secure and normal modes, and it makes no difference either way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up