INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image tagging bug (small); Image question  (Read 1050 times)

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Image tagging bug (small); Image question
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:25:31 am »

In the AW, it says click to edit.  When you click, the edit field does not fully show the file name, just the last bit.  I do use "." and  "_" in my file names, but I don't think that is related. (you can see the full image name to the right)

The question is related to the EXIF data.  I updated Library from Tags and got some EXIF data -- Camera,  ISO, Focal Length.  These are seperate fields in MC which is good.  But the AW shows them grouped under something called "Format".  What is the thinking of the "Format" heading/grouping?  It does not seem to be accessible as a column but I am not really sure why the AW doesn't just say:

Camera:
Focal Lenght:
ISO:
Shutter Speed:
Aperature:

I would like to be able to pick and choose what fields are there -- for example, Nikon does not tell you the ISO so it will always say "Unknown ISO" through no fault of MC.  But I would rather just hide that field.

So can I display without using the Format notation and just pick which fields to show there?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Image tagging bug (small); Image question
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:46:49 am »

"Format" is actually a short summary of the tags contained within the file, the equivalent of v11.1's "file type info" window, if you like. Clicking on it will show you the full tag dump. All the info is read-only when presented like this.

We used to be able to turn off the format summary, but now, if we did that, there'd be no other way to access it.

Right click in the main tag window and a list of available tags will pop up. Tick the ones you would like to see, click the ticks on the ones you'd like to remove, click away from the list when you're done to close the list.

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Re: Image tagging bug (small); Image question
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 11:01:03 am »

Hmm, I disagree somewhat.  Agree that clicking there shows full EXIF and tags from the file.

But look at this:

This is an image BEFORE i updated from tags.  If I clicked on this , the Camera model IS in the EXIF but it is NOT in the database or Format tag.  The Format tag is a calculated field from other database fields, not from the file fields.

When I update from tags it looks like this:

Further, when I right click to add fields, Camera, ISO, Focal Lenght, etc. ARE NOT available to be added.  They ARE available to be added into view schemes, but not available to the AW window (but People, Places, Events and Keywords are).

So I guess I have two requests then:

1.  to be able to "uncheck" Format as a display field.   Put it on by default, but let me choose to hide it if I want.

2.  Make all EXIF fields (Camera, Focal Lenght, etl al) available to be shown in the AW (they are read only), without having to click to get to the "file stored tags" panel.   I would rather see each field on its own line with its own label.

Pages: [1]   Go Up