INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.56  (Read 7351 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.56
« on: August 16, 2006, 05:30:20 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120056.exe

12.0.56 (8/16/06)

1. Fixed: File ordering inside albums on an iPod could show up alphabetical instead of in disc # / track # order.
2. Changed: Detached display considers windowed location instead of current location when calculating "Nearest Monitor" for fullscreen.
3. Changed: During the last 10 days before a beta timeout, the timeout warning is shown each launch of the player.
4. Fixed: It was not possible to fill in a missing track number from the tag Action Window.
5. NEW: In MP3 files, ID3's popularimeter mapped to MC star ratings.
6. NEW: Video Panning (hold down left mouse button and drag when video is zoomed in) is available for TV, DX video player, and DVD player.
7. Changed: Skinning engine better handles some ATL COM third party plugins.
8. Fixed: Internet image lookup was not working properly.
9. Changed: Updated Dutch translation. (thanks BennyD!)
10. Changed: Removed tree icons from root items.

12.0.55 (8/14/06)

1. NEW: Scheduler view has its own scheduler view header image.
2. Fixed: Downloads of plugins, etc. could fail.
3. Fixed: Video zooming would not anchor at the right point.
4. Fixed: Video zooming with "Crop Edges" option on did not work smoothly.
5. Changed: Switching zones no longer ensures that Media Center is visible.
6. Fixed: Upgrade pricing for v12 was not working properly.
7. Changed: Detached display remembers if it was fullscreen last time it was detached and returns to the same state.
8. NEW: Video zooming is available in TV.
9. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)

12.0.54 (8/11/06)

1. NEW: Video zooming is also available for DVD playback.
2. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a tile while the jump on play mode was set to Playing Now could cause a crash.
3. NEW: Updated the animation that shows on the generic please wait dialog.
4. Fixed: Going directly from Mini View to a fullscreen view (display or Theater View) could cause problems.
5. Fixed: When switcing the list style of the file list below a grouping list, it wouldn't update right away.
6. Fixed: The space available on a device wouldn't properly update after a format.

12.0.53 (8/10/06)

1. NEW: Mouse wheel zooms video in and out.
2. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing on some computers.
3. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could hang the thumbnailing thread if FFDShow MPEG-4 Vidoe decoder filter is used for some DivX5.0 formatted videos.
4. Changed: Non-critical failures (mixer configuration) of Video Mixing Renderer 9 are ingored so VMR9 can continue to be used in video playback.
5. Fixed: Playback with a display could fail in some cases. (introduced in build 52)
6. Changed: Added a November 1, 2006 timeout for the beta.
7. Fixed: Editing a list-type field in the action window would make in-place list editing fail to work.
8. Fixed: With split views, the tree would not update its selection when switching focus between the views.
9. Fixed: Setting list-type fields in the tag window for multiple files at a time didn't always work properly.
10. Changed: Added a "Cancel" button to the Add Tag dialog.
11. Fixed: List tile links would fade in and out even if Media Center wasn't the focused application.
12. Fixed: Switching away from a 3D visualization using the right-click menu could stall for several seconds.
13. Changed: Caption is no longer a list-style field.
14. Changed: Switched default auto import behavior to not remove missing files from network or removable drives. (only applies to fresh installs)
15. Changed: Video zooming will cause black strips (top, bottom, or left, right) to be reduced or eliminated.
16. NEW: When doing a lossless rotation of an image, the EXIF orientation flag and database field for rotation is cleared.

12.0.52 (8/9/06)

1. Fixed: Some older iPods (firewire mini, etc.) would show a "failed to recognize iPod" error.
2. Changed: The tree and Action Windows renegotiate for available space after a tree item is expanded or collapsed.
3. Fixed: A few tree icons had gray borders on their sides.
4. Fixed: Theater View "Controls" button was not working properly.
5. Changed: Improved interaction of using multiple zones or detached displays along with custom screen resolutions.
6. NEW: Added "Nearest Monitor" as a target for Fullscreen Display and detached display. (this setting is the default)
7. Changed: Navigational favorites return.
8. Fixed: Advanced library functions like fill tags from file name not working in foreign languages.
9. NEW: IPTC written out even if it didn't already exist.
10. NEW: IPTC info added to Image format info.
11. Fixed: iPods with databases written with an older version of MC (or iTunes) would not be properly handled. (introduced in build 51)
12. Fixed: Clicking "Add New Tag" could cause a crash with some database fields.
13. Fixed: The visible tags menu in the Action Window would disappear after each click.

12.0.51 (8/8/06)

1. NEW: Theater View skins can support different background images at different locations. (see Noire for an example)
2. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in the tag window would be slower than expected.
3. Fixed: Some actions that would update the size of position of windows inside the program could disrupt the focus for the search box and other UI pieces.
4. Changed: Revised how tag window fields are picked.
5. NEW: Some check-style menus can stay visible while items are checked instead of disappearing after each tick. (see Tag window for example)
6. Fixed: Image playback statistics were not being collected properly.
7. Changed: Seeking forward no longer allows seeks past the end of the file.
8. NEW: Caption field for Images.
9. NEW: Media Center writes pre-sort indexes to iPod database to improve navigation speed.
10. Changed: Several iPod compatibility tweaks.

12.0.50 (8/7/06)

1. Changed: Action Windows don't have minimize and close buttons. (one or the other)
2. Fixed: When using small thumbnails in lists with many images, scrolling fast could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: If auto-import was removing a missing file that was also in Playing Now, it could cause a dead-lock.
4. Optimized: Building stacks for thumbnails views operates up to four times faster.
5. Fixed: Some existing IPTC tags (ones not recognized by MC) did not get saved when IPTC tags got written out.
6. Changed: Some tag window tweaks.

12.0.48 (8/4/06)

1. Changed: For DirectShow video thumbnailing, Sample Grabber method is no longer used when DirectVobSub filter is involved.
2. Changed: For DirectShow video thumbnailing, Sample Grabber method is no longer used for DVR-MS file type.
3. NEW: Skins support specifying an alpha for menu translucancy. (see Noire for an example)
4. NEW: Tooltips do a quick fade in when displaying.
5. Changed: Removed thumbnail list scroll animation -- made program feel slower instead of smoother.
6. Changed: Disabled Source Filter selection for Windows Media Video (wmv etc.) playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lpr

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.56
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 06:09:44 pm »

4. Fixed: It was not possible to fill in a missing track number from the tag Action Window.

This is working great now. However, I'm curious to know if it would be possible to also add it as a field with a name i.e. "track #:". It's easier to find, click and modify than a small "?".

Thanks.

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 06:45:20 pm »

Video zooming -- I may be missing something, let me know if that is the case.

When I play a video in full screen, it blows up the video to fill the screen.  Some videos are small Height x Width and look terrible blown up.  I can Zoom in further, but I can't Zoom Out.  I would like to stay in full screen mode but have more and more black space around the border, does that make sense?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »

Bugs for MC 12.0.56

• With transparent menu's enabled, menus won't display properly when trying to pop up over a display window that's using G-Force as its display. Not sure who's bug that is.
  • Please see this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35240.0

It's a bug that I'm really not willing to test with each new build of MC, as it's very time consuming and CD-R wasteful. If a build comes out that looks like it addresses the problem I'll be willing to test it again, but until then, I'm just going to keep posting this message.
  • Click on the DSP Studio button.

While DSP Studio's open, right click on the DSP Studio button.
Now close the DSP Studio window.
On my system, MC pops behind all of the other open windows.
  • MC doesn't remember its size when returning from a non-maximized Display View
  • MC doesn't remember its size when you have "Minimize to System Tray" set, MC is minimized, and then you close MC from the tray icon's menu
  • Whenever I go to "Add Folder To Library" it always has the folder I last added in the box. Shouldn't it clear it out from one addition to the next?
  • Occasionally when I exit, MC12 will go into "stupid mode" where it's trying to save tag changes to some file (it never tells me which one) and it can't. This wouldn't be so bad except that it never seems to give up, so I have this "Saving tag changes (1 remaining)" message on my screen forever and the only way to get out of it is to kill the MC12 process. And of course then I never get a message telling me what file it couldn't update the tag for, so I can't ever fix it.
  • The Noire Theater View skin's underpants are showing... (I'm assuming... the blue menus don't seem to really fit, so I'm assuming they're left overs from the original Hairstyle skin?)

[/list]

Requests
  • Any chance that menu transparencies could be a Skin Effects setting rather than force users to dig for and edit an XML file to change transparency settings or turn then on or off for a skin?
  • In a Detailed view of Albums, the total number of tracks for an album is displayed under the "Track #" field. Wouldn't it be better to have that field called "Tracks" or "# Tracks" in that view?
  • And since we have these new details views, can we get smarter columns? For instance, in an Artist/Album view scheme, when your at the Artist level in Details mode, rather than <varies>, how about the number of albums for that Artist? Same goes for any view scheme... like Genre/Artist/Album, how about the Genre name, followed by the number of Artists, number of Albums, etc?
  • Any chance that the Display AW could have seperate settings than the main Playing Now? It would be great to have a Track Info displayed when you're in Playing Now, but then just show Images when you're not in Playing Now. Actually, it would be great if we could show both at the same time.

System Info

Media Center Registered 12.0.56 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2008 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 398 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5450.4 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive Z:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav

Burning /  Drive Z: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-109    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 06:53:35 pm »

When I play a video in full screen, it blows up the video to fill the screen.  Some videos are small Height x Width and look terrible blown up.  I can Zoom in further, but I can't Zoom Out.  I would like to stay in full screen mode but have more and more black space around the border, does that make sense?
Zoom should start when you use the mouse wheel.  In and out are different directions of the mouse wheel.  Works here.

It probably doesn't work with Quicktime files.

It might matter whether you're using MC or Windows Media Player control to play.  Check options for video playback.

RobOK

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 06:55:49 pm »

CONFIRMED!!!  YEAH!!!

10. Changed: Removed tree icons from root items.

At first this freaked me out.!!  But I think I like it.... Cleaner Look!

RobOK

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 07:03:56 pm »

Zoom should start when you use the mouse wheel.  In and out are different directions of the mouse wheel.  Works here.

It probably doesn't work with Quicktime files.

It might matter whether you're using MC or Windows Media Player control to play.  Check options for video playback.

I am using MC control (although I tried WMP checkbox and that stopped ANY zooming from working).

This is for both AVI and WMV files so far.

Just to be clear, I can zoom in and I can zoom back out -- I can't zoom so the video fills less than the whole display window.  Like it is stuck on "Fill Whole Window".

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 07:12:08 pm »

Viewscheme thumbnail text not refreshing after edit.

I have a viewscheme which is displaying thumbnails of albums.
Below each thumbnail is the album title.

I highlight an album and click on TAG in the action window.
I edit a mis-spelled album title and press enter.

The album tag in the file view at the bottom updated immediately, but the thumbnail text still shows the old value.

Moving the mouse over the thumbnail area, clicking on it, clicking elsewhere....nothing refreshes it until I change to a different viewscheme and switch back.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 07:14:20 pm »

12.0.56 (8/16/06)

Better, but not perfect.

Get Coverart From Internet only getting partial results.

The system is grabbing a good amount of art now, but.....

I found that it's having a problem with album titles with "The" as part of the title.
Possibly "A" also, but I didn't have a sample to test for that.

Examples:
   Disturbed - The Sickness            Nickelback - The Long Road
   (neither of these produced coverart)

On a hunch I renamed the album titles
(incorrectly, since the word The is truly part of the title).

Disturbed - Sickness             Nickelback -  Long Road
  (both of these produced coverart)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 07:14:43 pm »

Just to be clear, I can zoom in and I can zoom back out -- I can't zoom so the video fills less than the whole display window.  Like it is stuck on "Fill Whole Window".
That could be a mouse driver.  Or maybe your mouse wheel is set to zoom faster?  

Mine zooms in smoothly.  Maybe start a new thread?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 08:08:49 pm »

I think he wants to zoom out so the movie doesn't even fill the screen.  It'd probably be a good idea.  Or to add an option "
  • Allow stretching small movies" that can be turned off.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 09:55:04 pm »

When switching libraries MC always defualts to "Start" and not the place set in "Startup" in options.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 10:07:13 pm »

Just installed MC on my work computer and when in a video viewsheme, MC drawing the thumbnails for video files grinds the computer  to a halt.
Also, no video files play back at all, until MC has finished making thumbnails (which takes hours). I thought this was just a problem because my laptop at home is quite old, but it is doing it on my work computer too.

I have "build thumbnails" turned off in Otto.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 10:13:46 pm »

First launch of the new build... Opened it, clicked on my Imports view scheme (which is essentially all media sorted by Date Imported with no "panes" selected -- used as a container for child view schemes), and MC has been completely frozen (won't repaint screen when I minimize FireFox) for about 8 minutes.  It's using 92-100% CPU this whole time.  No network activity to speak of.  The FFDSHOW Audio notification area icon is open, but appears to be responding to commands (I can open it's UI and close it again).

Anything I should post from the log?  I'm going to end task on it soon....
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 10:15:08 pm »

MC does seem to be repainting every so often actually, but it's still got my processor pegged, and is painting VERY slowly....  Responding like a dog (minutes between commands).

Ahhh... And I just reproduced it, but it doesn't seem to have hung this time.  Clicking on my Imports view scheme, or my All Media view scheme all respond very sluggishly (a good 30-60 seconds before it "takes").  Both of these are empty Top Level view schemes, with empty searches.  After the first "time" I enter the view scheme (assuming I leave myself in the view scheme long enough) it doesn't take as long.

I think it's related to thumbnailing (since I am seeing FFDSHOW activity in the notification area).

This is not occuring when entering Audio/Video/or Images top level schemes (which are also empty but have media type filters of course).

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 11:51:20 pm »

5. NEW: In MP3 files, ID3's popularimeter mapped to MC star ratings.

So, does this map both directions?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 07:09:32 am »

7. Changed: Skinning engine better handles some ATL COM third party plugins.

Wow. This has really reaked havoc with the file list coloring in my plugins. I'm assuming the SDK allows us to override this? I remember reading something that seemed to go along those lines, but I never had to worry about it before. :P

RobOK

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 07:27:34 am »

I think he wants to zoom out so the movie doesn't even fill the screen.  It'd probably be a good idea.  Or to add an option

"
  • Allow stretching small movies"

that can be turned off.

YES EXACTLY!!

An even better approach, not sure possible, is to start the video display at the resolution that clip is saved in.  i.e. if the clip is a 320 x 200 resolution, start showing at that resolution and then leave it to the user to expand it or not.   I think this is how many media players handle this.

dcwebman

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 08:55:50 am »

• Any chance that the Display AW could have seperate settings than the main Playing Now? It would be great to have a Track Info displayed when you're in Playing Now, but then just show Images when you're not in Playing Now. Actually, it would be great if we could show both at the same time.
I mentioned this one before. The way it is now with my trackinfo trying to squeeze into the little window and show only part of it is useless. I'd rather just show the cover art, if anything, in that window.
Jeff

RobOK

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 09:53:08 am »

As far as i understand it, there is only ONE display window.  It can be any one of the following:

* docked in AW
* floating (detached)
* full screen
* embedded in Playing Now

For example, if you are in playing now and then click on Playlists, the Display will automatically move to the AW.  It's the same display.

So to ask for a different setting in AW vs. Playing Now is really asking for two display windows.  I think that is a great idea, but might be confusing for new users.

I have thought of suggesting a Display with two panes, one could show images and one could show the other Visulizations, side by side.  I didn't think that idea would get too far.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 02:49:08 pm »

As far as i understand it, there is only ONE display window.  It can be any one of the following:

* docked in AW
* floating (detached)
* full screen
* embedded in Playing Now

For example, if you are in playing now and then click on Playlists, the Display will automatically move to the AW.  It's the same display.

So to ask for a different setting in AW vs. Playing Now is really asking for two display windows.  I think that is a great idea, but might be confusing for new users.

Mini View currently does exactly like I describe. You can set Standard View to have a Track Info, and Mini View to show just cover art. It works great, and has for a long time. I wouldn't see why extending this to the Display AW would be any different.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »

Update library from tags doesn't prompt the status anymore, it works in the background but MC is blocked until finished.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 05:31:15 pm »

Another little Display AW request. When in Playing Now, if you move the slider all the way to top so all you see is the current Playing Now file list, would it be possible to get the Display AW to pop up?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 06:55:22 pm »

Another little Display AW request. When in Playing Now, if you move the slider all the way to top so all you see is the current Playing Now file list, would it be possible to get the Display AW to pop up?

Great idea!  Small thing, but it'd be very slick.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 09:54:37 pm »

Download image grabs focus and won't let me do anything else in MC while it's running.
I'd like to be able to slide the "downloading images" window out of the way and let it run in the background.
I can move it, but then the main MC window fails to redraw and the mouse remains an hourglass when moved over the main MC window.  Eventually the downloading images sticks displaying a single cover and text.  I can see the internet lights flashing and hard disk activity so I know it's still working away, but the screen just stops painting altogether.
Task manager shows CPU usage fluctuating between 2-14 and memory usage hovering around 29,000 K.
Overall system CPU never peaks above 20% and overall memory in use is less than half of the physical ram.
Can't do any additional work in the program while cover art is being checked.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 11:35:51 pm »

First experiences:

1. 12.0.55 installed fine after IE7 B3 was reinstalled, as mentioned in a seperate thread.  Upgraded to 12.0.56 and although there were no installation errors, it wouldn't show itsellf when open, even though it was listed in open processes.   True Launch Bar plug-in Media Control reported that MC was not open.   Tried the following steps to resolve:

Uninstalled, left registry entries, reinstalled: same results

Uninstalled 11.1 and 12, reinstalled 12: same results

Uninstalled 12 including registry entries, reinstalled: successful installation and MC became visible when opened.

I had a experience exactly like this one a few builds back.

Marty3d

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 06:21:51 am »

Connecting to a library server is very unresponsive.
Examples:
- When MC downloads the library, often you cannot use the Cancel button.
- When switching a track, MC hangs while doing this, and often you get tooltips blocking whatever program is open if you switch program focus.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 07:48:14 am »

Still having problems with multimedia keys.  They start off
working and then at some random point stop working :-S
Someone else mentioned this in the Media Center forum earlier.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 07:56:28 am »

selecting an image and doing an update tags from library on it opens the file 4 times:

3732672: Import: JRAnalyzer::Open: Start
3732672: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Start
3732688: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileImage: Start
3732688: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileImage: Finish (0 ms)
3732703: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Finish (31 ms)
3732703: Import: JRAnalyzer::Open: Finish (31 ms)
3732719: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Start
3732719: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Create: 0
3732735: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: D:\Pictures\incoming\IMG_4082.jpg
3732735: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Finish (16 ms)
3732750: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
3732750: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\Pictures\incoming\IMG_4082.jpg
3732766: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (16 ms)
3732766: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
3732781: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\Pictures\incoming\IMG_4082.jpg
3732781: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (15 ms)
3732797: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Start
3732797: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Create: 0
3732813: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: D:\Pictures\incoming\IMG_4082.jpg
3732813: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Finish (16 ms)
3732813: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
3732828: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\Pictures\incoming\IMG_4082.jpg
3732828: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (15 ms)
3732844: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
3732844: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\Pictures\incoming\IMG_4082.jpg
3732860: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (16 ms)

selecting a few thousand images and doing the same leaves MC totally unresponsive. the screen does not refresh at all. 8 hours later, and no change, so I end tasked the non-responsive MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up