INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.57  (Read 7078 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.57
« on: August 18, 2006, 02:51:37 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120057.exe

12.0.57 (8/18/06)

1. NEW: Library views with items like file paths, groupings, playlists, expressions, etc. fully support grouping thumbnails. (previously only available with simple fields)
2. Changed: Tag Action Window looks nicer when no files are selected.
3. Fixed: Anything that could possibly show a wait message if it would take a while (expand some tree items, navigation, etc.) could stall for several seconds. (introduced in 56)
4. Fixed: When tile links faded in, the left-most text could look too dark with font anti-aliasing enabled.
5. Fixed: When jumping to full screen display view and back, a list's scroll position could have moved.
6. Fixed: Shutting down the program after it hadn't been running long could cause a crash in rare cases.
7. Optimized: Improved speed when jumping between UI modes.
8. Fixed: Starting the program and immediately going to the remote control options page could cause a crash.
9. Fixed: Thumbnail views wouldn't update properly after tagging changes.
10. NEW: Added iTunes playlist import support.
11. Fixed: When doing "Remove Tags", folder watching could unnecessarily reanalyze the file later.
12. Changed: Doing audio analysis on a large list where only a few files needed analysis would take longer than expected.
13. Fixed: View schemes targetting a specified disk location would have a "Click here to reset selection" even when it wasn't necessary.
14. Changed: Reworked IPTC tag display in the "Format" section of the Tag window to look like the MJMD section.
15. Fixed: Video zooming did not work smoothly when the "Crop" aspect ratio option had been choosen.
16. Changed: Video zooming can zoom out further than the window size, up to the native video size, if the window size is larger than the native video size.

12.0.56 (8/16/06)

1. Fixed: File ordering inside albums on an iPod could show up alphabetical instead of in disc # / track # order.
2. Changed: Detached display considers windowed location instead of current location when calculating "Nearest Monitor" for fullscreen.
3. Changed: During the last 10 days before a beta timeout, the timeout warning is shown each launch of the player.
4. Fixed: It was not possible to fill in a missing track number from the tag Action Window.
5. NEW: In MP3 files, ID3's popularimeter mapped to MC star ratings.
6. NEW: Video Panning (hold down left mouse button and drag when video is zoomed in) is available for TV, DX video player, and DVD player.
7. Changed: Skinning engine better handles some ATL COM third party plugins.
8. Fixed: Internet image lookup was not working properly.
9. Changed: Updated Dutch translation. (thanks BennyD!)
10. Changed: Removed tree icons from root items.

12.0.55 (8/14/06)

1. NEW: Scheduler view has its own scheduler view header image.
2. Fixed: Downloads of plugins, etc. could fail.
3. Fixed: Video zooming would not anchor at the right point.
4. Fixed: Video zooming with "Crop Edges" option on did not work smoothly.
5. Changed: Switching zones no longer ensures that Media Center is visible.
6. Fixed: Upgrade pricing for v12 was not working properly.
7. Changed: Detached display remembers if it was fullscreen last time it was detached and returns to the same state.
8. NEW: Video zooming is available in TV.
9. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)

12.0.54 (8/11/06)

1. NEW: Video zooming is also available for DVD playback.
2. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a tile while the jump on play mode was set to Playing Now could cause a crash.
3. NEW: Updated the animation that shows on the generic please wait dialog.
4. Fixed: Going directly from Mini View to a fullscreen view (display or Theater View) could cause problems.
5. Fixed: When switcing the list style of the file list below a grouping list, it wouldn't update right away.
6. Fixed: The space available on a device wouldn't properly update after a format.

12.0.53 (8/10/06)

1. NEW: Mouse wheel zooms video in and out.
2. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing on some computers.
3. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could hang the thumbnailing thread if FFDShow MPEG-4 Vidoe decoder filter is used for some DivX5.0 formatted videos.
4. Changed: Non-critical failures (mixer configuration) of Video Mixing Renderer 9 are ingored so VMR9 can continue to be used in video playback.
5. Fixed: Playback with a display could fail in some cases. (introduced in build 52)
6. Changed: Added a November 1, 2006 timeout for the beta.
7. Fixed: Editing a list-type field in the action window would make in-place list editing fail to work.
8. Fixed: With split views, the tree would not update its selection when switching focus between the views.
9. Fixed: Setting list-type fields in the tag window for multiple files at a time didn't always work properly.
10. Changed: Added a "Cancel" button to the Add Tag dialog.
11. Fixed: List tile links would fade in and out even if Media Center wasn't the focused application.
12. Fixed: Switching away from a 3D visualization using the right-click menu could stall for several seconds.
13. Changed: Caption is no longer a list-style field.
14. Changed: Switched default auto import behavior to not remove missing files from network or removable drives. (only applies to fresh installs)
15. Changed: Video zooming will cause black strips (top, bottom, or left, right) to be reduced or eliminated.
16. NEW: When doing a lossless rotation of an image, the EXIF orientation flag and database field for rotation is cleared.

12.0.52 (8/9/06)

1. Fixed: Some older iPods (firewire mini, etc.) would show a "failed to recognize iPod" error.
2. Changed: The tree and Action Windows renegotiate for available space after a tree item is expanded or collapsed.
3. Fixed: A few tree icons had gray borders on their sides.
4. Fixed: Theater View "Controls" button was not working properly.
5. Changed: Improved interaction of using multiple zones or detached displays along with custom screen resolutions.
6. NEW: Added "Nearest Monitor" as a target for Fullscreen Display and detached display. (this setting is the default)
7. Changed: Navigational favorites return.
8. Fixed: Advanced library functions like fill tags from file name not working in foreign languages.
9. NEW: IPTC written out even if it didn't already exist.
10. NEW: IPTC info added to Image format info.
11. Fixed: iPods with databases written with an older version of MC (or iTunes) would not be properly handled. (introduced in build 51)
12. Fixed: Clicking "Add New Tag" could cause a crash with some database fields.
13. Fixed: The visible tags menu in the Action Window would disappear after each click.

12.0.51 (8/8/06)

1. NEW: Theater View skins can support different background images at different locations. (see Noire for an example)
2. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in the tag window would be slower than expected.
3. Fixed: Some actions that would update the size of position of windows inside the program could disrupt the focus for the search box and other UI pieces.
4. Changed: Revised how tag window fields are picked.
5. NEW: Some check-style menus can stay visible while items are checked instead of disappearing after each tick. (see Tag window for example)
6. Fixed: Image playback statistics were not being collected properly.
7. Changed: Seeking forward no longer allows seeks past the end of the file.
8. NEW: Caption field for Images.
9. NEW: Media Center writes pre-sort indexes to iPod database to improve navigation speed.
10. Changed: Several iPod compatibility tweaks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Re: Media Center 12.0.57
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 04:01:26 pm »

I see a noticable speed up in Analyze Audio, in big or small lists.

Are my eyes deceiving me or did the display fonts get smaller?   It feels like I can fit more in a display?  No?

Is there ways of controlling the fonts in MC?

RobOK

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 04:06:29 pm »

12.0.57 (8/18/06)

16. Changed: Video zooming can zoom out further than the window size, upto the native video size, if the window size is larger than the native video size.

Thanks Matt, you nailed this one!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 04:14:07 pm »

1. NEW: Library views with items like file paths, groupings, playlists, expressions, etc. fully support grouping thumbnails. (previously only available with simple fields)

Ooh, can't wait to try this.  I was just thinking about this for playlists last night! ;D
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

RobOK

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 04:21:59 pm »

I'm not sure I totally get this one -- when you get it set up, can you give me some pointers?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 05:12:28 pm »

Is it just the files I'm using right now, or is Analyze Audio REALLY slow in this build? I started it scanning about 5 minutes ago and it's only on track 5.

Nevermind. Just noticed that this album had been compressed using the Insane setting in MAC. :P

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 07:00:43 pm »

In this Version, access to Images crashed MC12. Image Root View Schemes work OK, just the main Image folder. Even if I select "Edit View Scheme" and then click OK, crashed MC12.

Uninstalling this release and reinstalling 12.0.56 removes the problem. Everything is fine. There seems to be a problem with this release and acces to Images!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 09:03:02 pm »

In this Version, access to Images crashed MC12. Image Root View Schemes work OK, just the main Image folder. Even if I select "Edit View Scheme" and then click OK, crashed MC12.

Uninstalling this release and reinstalling 12.0.56 removes the problem. Everything is fine. There seems to be a problem with this release and acces to Images!

I can't reproduce this, but I'm guessing it's something "special" about your view scheme.  Any ideas what it might be?

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 09:07:11 pm »

Are my eyes deceiving me or did the display fonts get smaller?   It feels like I can fit more in a display?  No?

Is there ways of controlling the fonts in MC?

Options-->Tree & View-->Select Font (bottom of the list.)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 09:17:21 pm »

get coverart from internet still causing MC to be unresponsive.
Works ok with smaller batches but a large batch like 1300 files brings it to a crawl.
It appears to be still working away but the gui is unresponsive.

Also still won't find albums with "the" in the title such as  Disturbed - The Sickness
Renaming the album to Sickness will find coverart but that's not the correct title.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 09:35:04 pm »

I can't reproduce this, but I'm guessing it's something "special" about your view scheme.  Any ideas what it might be?
I've got it with one of my image viewschemes too. strange. It's the '1. incoming photos' scheme in my workshop. funny thing is, I can drag it over to the main root image scheme, copy it there, and it works fine.

I tried editing the broken scheme to see what I needed to remove to get it to work, but I'm not sure it's working like that. I started by removing the search rules in step 4, and clicking ok, instant crash.

Upon restart, none of the VS changes have saved.

re. That thumbnailing thing of otto's you asked about earlier? I'm 99.9% sure it's building thumbnails repeatedly for all the audio tracks I have that have no coverart. does that make sense to you?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 09:40:43 pm »

I can't see it yet. album art image scheme loads fine... incoming photos won't.
the last line in the log is always the same:

0075204: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: View info key: 2\Workshop\image\Album Art
0075235: General: CMJFileListCtrl::OnDestroy: Start
0075266: General: CMJFileListCtrl::OnDestroy: Finish (31 ms)
0076250: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: View creation time: 1078
0076282: General: CMainUIWnd::Resize: Start
0076344: General: CMainUIWnd::Resize: Finish (62 ms)
0076407: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: View show / update time: 157
0076438: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: Finish (1266 ms)
0082500: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: Start
0082532: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: View info key: 2\Workshop\image\1. Incoming Photos
0082563: General: CMJFileListCtrl::OnDestroy: Start
0082594: General: CMJFileListCtrl::OnDestroy: Finish (31 ms)
0082625: General: CMJFileListCtrl::OnDestroy: Start
0082672: General: CMJFileListCtrl::OnDestroy: Finish (47 ms)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 09:58:18 pm »

I'm finding it impossible to move around MC in image and video viewschemes. Every few seconds it freezes for a while, even when just scrolling through the list. I think that it's because of thumbnailing too. I have Otto on.
I think he (or the thumbnailing engine) is being too aggressive.

Where is everybody copying their logs from?

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 10:04:46 pm »

It took just over 3 minutes to save 35 tag changes on some jpegs just now.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 10:39:20 pm »

Where is everybody copying their logs from?
Enable logging by going to "Help > logging" and place a tick in "output to file"
------------------------

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 10:52:21 pm »

I've turned Otto off, but things are still painfully slow. My image viewscheme still has thousands of files without thumbnails yet, so I figure that it's because of that.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 10:58:40 pm »

Mine are all done, and things are still slow, so I don't think it's all to do with that. Maybe partly. I turned otto off and re-tried the update tags from library job and it was still as slow. MC is also totally persona non grata while doing this job, no screen refresh, nothing. I only tested using 8 files.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 06:49:28 am »

MC has finished building thumbnails for my .mov files but many of them dont correspond to the video at all.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 07:20:55 am »

Whenever I launch anything externally (often from an e-mail), MC throws up a tagging error after a few minutes. I dont really want media center to even try tagging things that arent imported into my library. It's annoying closing the tag error box every time I just want to use MC as a file broswer. I dont know whether it's a bug or a design thing.

RobOK

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 07:43:04 am »

I've turned Otto off, but things are still painfully slow. My image viewscheme still has thousands of files without thumbnails yet, so I figure that it's because of that.

When people say "turn Otto off", are you talking about Watch Folders checkbox?  If I understand it, Otto is more than just Watch Folders, so I would like some clarification as to whether turning off Watch Folders really turns off all of the background processes or not?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 12:56:37 pm »

Bugs for MC 12.0.57

I think I figured out the problem I've been having with buring Data CDs.

It seems like, if you add files to the CD, then change the Folder Naming options, that MC doesn't always update the folder structure properly. If you change your folder naming options and then add files, it appears to work fine.

• With transparent menu's enabled, menus won't display properly when trying to pop up over a display window that's using G-Force as its display. Not sure who's bug that is.
  • Please see this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35240.0

It's a bug that I'm really not willing to test with each new build of MC, as it's very time consuming and CD-R wasteful. If a build comes out that looks like it addresses the problem I'll be willing to test it again, but until then, I'm just going to keep posting this message.
  • Click on the DSP Studio button.

While DSP Studio's open, right click on the DSP Studio button.
Now close the DSP Studio window.
On my system, MC pops behind all of the other open windows.
  • MC doesn't remember its size when returning from a non-maximized Display View
  • MC doesn't remember its size when you have "Minimize to System Tray" set, MC is minimized, and then you close MC from the tray icon's menu
  • Whenever I go to "Add Folder To Library" it always has the folder I last added in the box. Shouldn't it clear it out from one addition to the next?
  • Occasionally when I exit, MC12 will go into "stupid mode" where it's trying to save tag changes to some file (it never tells me which one) and it can't. This wouldn't be so bad except that it never seems to give up, so I have this "Saving tag changes (1 remaining)" message on my screen forever and the only way to get out of it is to kill the MC12 process. And of course then I never get a message telling me what file it couldn't update the tag for, so I can't ever fix it.
  • The Noire Theater View skin's underpants are showing... (I'm assuming... the blue menus don't seem to really fit, so I'm assuming they're left overs from the original Hairstyle skin?)

[/list]

Requests
  • How about allowing the Display AW to show itself when you're in Playing Now and have used the splitter to hide the Playing Now Display?
  • Any chance that menu transparencies could be a Skin Effects setting rather than force users to dig for and edit an XML file to change transparency settings or turn then on or off for a skin?
  • In a Detailed view of Albums, the total number of tracks for an album is displayed under the "Track #" field. Wouldn't it be better to have that field called "Tracks" or "# Tracks" in that view?
  • And since we have these new details views, can we get smarter columns? For instance, in an Artist/Album view scheme, when your at the Artist level in Details mode, rather than <varies>, how about the number of albums for that Artist? Same goes for any view scheme... like Genre/Artist/Album, how about the Genre name, followed by the number of Artists, number of Albums, etc?
  • Any chance that the Display AW could have seperate settings than the main Playing Now? It would be great to have a Track Info displayed when you're in Playing Now, but then just show Images when you're not in Playing Now. Actually, it would be great if we could show both at the same time.

System Info

Media Center Registered 12.0.57 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2008 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 471 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5450.4 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive Z:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav

Burning /  Drive Z: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-109    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 01:08:47 pm »

--------
auto rip is not working.
Insert another cd for ripping, nothing happens.
In the action window, click "click here to restart ripping" always returns the following dialogue:

clicking retry always respawns the dialogue. Clicking cancel, and then clicking on "click here to restart ripping" again, restarts ripping.
(this one, and the [disc #] bug below are a pain to keep testing, so, I'll leave these in until I see a related change in the changelog)
--------
[disc #] field is being auto-filled:
When ripping a cd that already exists in the cd\dvd database, MC is automatically tagging [disc #]==1. This is also being written to the cd\dvd database.
--------
Select 12 jpg files, right click, library tools, update tags from library.
For me, MC becomes totally unresponsive, no screen refresh, nothing. The job takes roughly 12 seconds to finish.
The log file for 1 of the images looks like so (the following block is repeated for each image):
0127390: Import: JRAnalyzer::Open: Start
0127406: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Start
0127422: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileImage: Start
0127468: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileImage: Finish (46 ms)
0127500: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Finish (94 ms)
0127531: Import: JRAnalyzer::Open: Finish (141 ms)
0127734: Import: JRAnalyzer::Open: Start
0127750: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Start
0127765: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileImage: Start
0127797: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileImage: Finish (32 ms)
0127812: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Finish (62 ms)
0127828: Import: JRAnalyzer::Open: Finish (94 ms)
0127890: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Start
0127922: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Create: 0
0127937: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: D:\Pictures\!source\Scanner\1983 - 01\SCN_0006.jpg
0127953: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Finish (63 ms)
0127984: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
0128000: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\Pictures\!source\Scanner\1983 - 01\SCN_0006.jpg
0128031: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (47 ms)
0128047: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
0128062: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\Pictures\!source\Scanner\1983 - 01\SCN_0006.jpg
0128093: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (46 ms)
0128109: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Start
0128140: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Create: 0
0128156: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: D:\Pictures\!source\Scanner\1983 - 01\SCN_0006.jpg
0128187: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Finish (78 ms)
0128218: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
0128281: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\Pictures\!source\Scanner\1983 - 01\SCN_0006.jpg
0128312: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (94 ms)
0128343: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
0128359: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\Pictures\!source\Scanner\1983 - 01\SCN_0006.jpg
0128390: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (47 ms)

--------
Shutdown can often take quite some time. This would seem to be affected by how long MC has been open.
"3566828: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Finish (20969 ms)" is not uncommon to see.
This leads to much HDD grinding long after the GUI has gone, and means that if closing, then relaunching MC, the relaunch doesn't happen because the previous process is still running.
I often see this when installing a new build. Close MC and double click on the installer. Installer reports that MC is still running and offers to close it for me.
--------
Import: BuildThumbnails: Building:
otto is repeatedly performing a 'build thumbnails' on all audio files without coverart.
--------
Image view schemes crashing: don't know why. looks to be related to viewstate .jmd files (Discuss?)
--------
Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a tag. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared.
--------
After working inside the tag window, then moving the mouse over the file list, the scroll wheel will not work untill the list is clicked on, or scrolled manually via the scroll bar.
select a file, open the people tag in the AW. Set a tag and close [people], returning the AW to the main tag window. now move the mouse over the file list and use the scroll wheel. Nothing happens.
--------
The cursor image is not being updated whilest inside the Action Window
--------
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
--------
How do we reset a file's playcount figure? [number plays] does not appear in the tag list.
Have 'statistics' been permanently removed from the AW now?
--------
slideshow playback
captions precede their images by a second or two. (Discuss?)
--------
expression based fields
Is this expected behaviour?
It has become markedly slower since build 47.
Matt, did you get my email? This has gone bad again. Choosing Kodak, then clicking on 'unassigned' people, selecting the first image and clicking to tag six people is taking around 14 seconds from last click, to tick. (build 57: 10 seconds)
--------
thumbnails
Place the cursor on the bottom toolbar. If there is thumbnail text just out of view, ie, behind the toolbar, the thumbnail fades out to reveal its play tag stuff.
--------
extended desktop
The TV is the secondary display device, and in the display setup, it's configured to the right of the monitor. MC's tooltips do not detect the right edge of the monitors' display area and instead, display out of view in the extended desktop area.

The context menus know where the edge is, and display to the left if there's not enough room to the right. Hopefully tooltips can be given the same 'awareness'.

both images taken from the extreme right edge of the screen.
--------
Command line stuff
mc12.exe "/playreplace TREEPATH=Playlists\viewscheme groups\Logitech\preset1"
The string above works fine if MC is running. If MC is closed, the string launches MC, but does nothing else.
v11.1 would launch and begin playback.
--------
display view/taskbar issue
Note: My taskbar is along the bottom of the screen, double height..

Display view opens behind the taskbar. It requires a click on the taskbar, then a click on the disply, to bring the display to the front of the taskbar.
I thought this was fixed, but it's not. Try it with some music playing too.
--------
Display View:
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split.
--------

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 01:10:15 pm »

--------
Tree Stuff:
Any root view scheme alphabetically lower than 'audio' can still displace the 'tabs' from their top-level resting place. <--- You fixed this? looks much better now
not fixed. placement now differs depending upon which icon is chosen for the viewscheme. "scheme" achieves the desired result. choosing any other wrecks the tree.

Removal of the tree icons has not helped this problem:

--------
Playing Now is also still wandering around within the tree window as things are expanded/collapsed. This often makes it quite hard to locate quickly.
--------
list-type and standard type panes behave very differently when in tagging mode. this is at best, counter-intuitive, and at worst, plain confusing. (Discuss?)
--------
After loading a viewscheme, the panes will often re-adjust themselves width-ways, usually after a track change, or after a click or two when in tagging mode. I've lost count of the times I've lined up a click to tag, only to have the pane move away from under the mouse.
--------
Wishes
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Could we get a "loop slideshow" option in the image playback settings? If that's possible, could we also have access to the setting when right-click on a slideshow display? This would help greatly with image playcounts being messed up when absent-mindedly left playing in the display window.
  • When using a panes view to tag images, the fade-in play | tag options and the rotating statistics beneath thumbnails seem a little redundant. Could they be turned off in this scenario? (Discuss?)
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

dcwebman

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 04:17:58 pm »

12. Changed: Doing audio analysis on a large list where only a few files needed analysis would take longer than expected.

Thanks for finally fixing this audio analysis problem. The only issue remaining is that it might show before analysis that there are 5 files that need analyzing but during the analyzing it shows the song number progress of the song in the entire file list instead of say 1 / 5. That leaves no way way to really tell the exact progress. If there's no way to fix this, at least the way it is now is 100% better than what it was.
Jeff

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 04:37:52 pm »

1.  Alt-1 Goes to Start? should this be updated to reflect new design
2.  Using [disc #] in thumbnail text does not work
http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=discgoneuj4.png

(In that view I could use [Name] which works(Which I still believe is wrong), but
the effect is global anyhow, where ever you use [disc #] nothing comes up?)
3. There's no hover state for the close button in Frame Windows
4. The following causes a button to remain in the mouse down state even tho the mouse button is no longer down in a Frame Window:
> Click Button
> Move mouse away from button without releasing click
> Once away from button release click
5.  In Display view when Maximized there is no minimize button.
When in windowed display view there is a minimize button,
surely either it has one or it doesn't?
6. When using a skin with the transparent effect,
if a tooltip is showing for something like volume control
or trackposition it causes a dizzy effect when sliding...
7. When Message Boxes come up the State of buttons is already
in the mouse over state, even though the mouse has never gone over them.
8. Images with EXIF rotate information cannot be resized.
MC says it's skipping them....
9. Sync Problems described here
10. MP3 Cover Art Problem described here

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 06:26:19 am »

In tagging mode, if you click on an "unassigned" entry in one of the panes, and then click on a file, the tick boxes never appear.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 06:32:59 am »

Handheld issues:

Confirming something that was written in another thread. I had to go to a handheld devices options twice to be able to see the "Delete from handheld any files not in synch list" option.

I had an Ipod loaded with files previously synched from MC11.1 and wanted to do a synch, but the available space looked suspicious so i cleared my smarlists so as to clear the ipod. After doing a synch, MC auto ejected it (as I had set it to do), and it disapeared from MC entirely (tree etc. too), but was still connected in windows. I ejected it from windows manually. When i plugged it back it, the ipod was cleared of its files properly.

Note-- This is happening on every synch. Ejects in MC but doesnt really get ejected from windows.

The recheck synch option seems to need a couple of minutes even after tagging changes have occured before it realistically updates the available space.

Recheck synch in details view shows the correct amount of available space, but the handheld action window doesnt. it doesnt seem to update at all actually.

Other issues:
The pop-up list of an album thumbnails'  files which should appear when you hover over an album never appears.

EpF

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 08:37:24 am »

In tagging mode, if you click on an "unassigned" entry in one of the panes, and then click on a file, the tick boxes never appear.
Noticed this too; changing from thumbnails to details view brought the tick-boxes back..

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 08:58:42 am »

Noticed this too. Not restricted to 'unassigned' for me, found that clicking refresh also brings them back.
I couldn't help noticing that a 'refresh' seems to take a long time these days too..

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2006, 10:36:17 am »

Tiny thing.

Minimize to tray does not.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 09:34:53 am »

Have and ipod and a nano connected to MC.
Right clicking on them in the tree and choosing "eject ipod" isn't removing them from the tree.
Tested again after a reboot and got the same result.
Used to work fine in MC 11.1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 09:53:52 am »

Could someone that has a view scheme crash send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com?  It's probably something simple with change #1 from this build, but we can't reproduce it.

Thanks.

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
tree icons
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 12:08:17 pm »

Why you removed the tree icons from root items?
I think it looks better with the icons. Now it looks like something is missing.
It would be great if you add the icons again.

Please post your opinion!

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: tree icons
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 12:10:14 pm »

MC looked really better with the Icons  :), which is the reason???  ?

Why you removed the tree icons from root items?
I think it looks better with the icons. Now it looks like something is missing.
It would be great if you add the icons again.

Please post your opinion!
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 12:13:39 pm »

Thumbnails arent reflecting the rotation property in an image. (after changing the rotation tag info.)

Also the image action window doesnt seem to be rotating the images based on that tag. The display action window is ok though.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 02:02:35 pm »

I'm not sure if this is sxpectd behaviou or not but, multiply clicking on thumbnails (images) and then clicking on the "play" link for one of them, only plays that one file.

To me, this seems a bit inconsistent with the rest of the tile link behaviours.

LonWar

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 02:47:00 pm »

Tiny thing.

Minimize to tray does not.

Not so Tiny,... THis is very annoying at work...

Hopefully it will be fixed in the next build?

-

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2006, 04:50:03 pm »

The "auto expand" and "auto collapse" in the tree don't seem to be working correctly in the tree.  It's not completely consistant -- i.e. some items do expand/collapse, but others do not.  The auto collapse, for example, seems to ONLY work with the "main" items (i.e. Audio, Images, and Video.)  As I highlight various items in the lower tree, they simply stay expanded when I highlight other items.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 04:50:56 pm »

I can verify the fact that the "minimize to tray" does not work.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 04:59:05 pm »

How do you add items to the "favorites"?  I still have a "favorites" item on my toolbar (i.e. "Navigation"), but I can't find any way of adding items to it.  The "organize Favorites" window has a button to Remove items, but no button to ADD items, and right clicking on various items doesn't give the option to add the item to my favorites.

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up