INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: build .57: Image viewschemes causing crashes [FIXED]  (Read 1398 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
build .57: Image viewschemes causing crashes [FIXED]
« on: August 19, 2006, 10:49:43 am »

In this Version, access to Images crashed MC12. Image Root View Schemes work OK, just the main Image folder. Even if I select "Edit View Scheme" and then click OK, crashed MC12.

Uninstalling this release and reinstalling 12.0.56 removes the problem. Everything is fine. There seems to be a problem with this release and acces to Images!

I can't reproduce this, but I'm guessing it's something "special" about your view scheme.  Any ideas what it might be?

I've not worked out why yet, but it would appear to be caused by 'viewstates'.
I removed view state (data).jmd and view state (index).jmd from my library folder and restarted MC. All viewschemes are behaving now.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
Re: build .57: Image viewschemes causing crashes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 03:15:07 pm »

Confirmed: Removing the two view state files solved the problem.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 03:27:00 pm »

yup. Only I put my original ones back and am hanging out for a fix of some description because so many of my viewschemes are heavily dependant on thumbnail text strings.

If there's no chance of a fix, I'll need to roll back, and export them all.

Matt, is it possible there's a problem with how some strings are saved in the registry?
I'll try and have a closer look later, but I've noticed before that sometimes, when exporting the keywords registry key, it exports in a whacked out, crazy fashion, iirc, almost as if it had treated the pipe '|' as a delimiter. I always put this down to the editor that opened the reg file, rather than MC or the export process.
you think that might be worth chasing?

-marko.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 04:44:42 am »

build .60 fixed this. I now have all my thumbnail texts back in action.

Thank you. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up