INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Analysis problems  (Read 1086 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Audio Analysis problems
« on: August 19, 2006, 04:22:19 pm »

I had an MP3 that after analyzing had Replay Gain of -0.00db, Peak level 67%, BPM 98, and Intensity 1. If I click on the song and select Analyze Audio, it will say Done and list the given statistics. However, if I add the standard Smartlist "Task -- Needs audio analysis", the file will be listed as needing analyzing.

I see that's because the smartlist has "[replay gain]==0". I don't know enough about the other fields to make a suggestion but it looks like the smartlist needs to change to correctly show the right files that need analyzing.

In another issue, I have 4 sound effects that are 9-15 seconds each that after analyzing leaves the BPM set to blank but sets the other values. The status also gets set back to Queued instead of Done. And of course they also show up in the above smartlist too. How can I get BPM set so that I don't have to worry about these songs again?
Jeff

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Analysis problems
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 04:33:20 pm »

there's another field we are used to being able to edit, but doesn't show up in the tag list.

You could add BPM as a view scheme column and give it a value via inline editing.
You could also go to your 'needs analysis' smartlist and edit directly. Maybe add a [duration] rule such as [duration]=<20 to exclude short clips susch as that. The figure used represents seconds.

I added exclusions to mine for things like web radio feeds and .m4a files which also cannot be analysed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up