INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchasing MC12?  (Read 1814 times)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Purchasing MC12?
« on: August 20, 2006, 02:18:14 am »

Hi there.

I wasn't sure where to post this. Like many others, I still have MC 12.0.54, which I got before the beta was pulled.

I think it's worth the upgrade and want to purchase... You might be interested to know MJ/MC is the only software I've ever purchased (well online, anyway).

I don't mind about the beta being pulled (I don't have the time to properly bug test anyway), but I have a few questions. If I upgrade now from my version of the beta
1) will it work? I definitely need to know my license will last for the lifetime of MC12
2) will the price be right for an upgrade? (someone posted on the beta forum before it was pulled about the upgrade prices being incorrect. Never got to see if this was resolved or not)
3) are there any major problems that we should be aware of? I haven't noticed any, but details are scarce as to why the beta was pulled.

I have library backups of MC11.1, but I have made enough changes since then to not warrant me going back to MC11.1 anyway.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Purchasing MC12?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 01:41:43 pm »

Can someone post a link to the newer betas.  I know they are uniform but I didn't copy the link location before they pulled the beta.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 02:09:46 pm »

Can someone post a link to the newer betas.  I know they are uniform but I didn't copy the link location before they pulled the beta.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35320.msg240659#msg240659

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 02:50:49 pm »

You can probably upgrade for $19.98 if you are a registered MC11 user.  That's what I paid.

Even if you upgrade, I'm guessing the Beta will time out (e.g. stop working as of some date).  You will not be able to get a newer version until the Beta goes public.  My guess is 1-3 more weeks but we will not know until it is public.

What you have is an early Beta version, so you will have problems with it.  As the Beta is not public, we should not expect any details of the issues.  I’ve been playing around with the Beta version myself.  My guess is that the Beta went back to closed status because it was too hard to control the additional Beta users, not because of huge software problems.

I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but you can have both MC11 and MC12 installed.  I would recommend that you reinstall MC11.  It is too early in the life cycle to jump from the released version of the product. I would also keep MC12 installed.  As for paying for an upgrade, there is no advantage you get by doing that before the Beta goes public.

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 05:22:40 pm »

my message is be patient  - you are already using a product that is better than anything else that is available - whatever it costs it will still be a " must buy" ;D

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 05:40:36 pm »

my message is be patient  - you are already using a product that is better than anything else that is available - whatever it costs it will still be a " must buy" ;D

I agree...

I'm using MC 11.1.194 which is a great product.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up