INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marking a song as played  (Read 1436 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Marking a song as played
« on: August 21, 2006, 07:39:54 am »

It appears that when a song reaches its very end, that's when MC marks it as played. I have a smartlist that plays random songs and because I have some live CDs ripped, the tracks sometimes are just dialogue between songs, and occasionally these tracks get picked in the random smartlist. I would like to be able to just skip to the next song and have that dialogue track marked as played but it doesn't work that way.

Currently I have to pull up MC in standard view because my mini-skin doesn't have a position slidebar, move the slidebar to the end, and let the track finish so it will get marked as played. Then I can go back to the mini-view.

Sure I know, I could create some custom fields, use existing fields, or whatever and mark them as just dialogue and exclude those from my smartlist, but that seems like more work. Plus sometimes I like pulling up the Play Stats view scheme and just finding songs that haven't been played in a long time. If I skipped these dialogue tracks, they would probably eventually be the oldest but of course I could always edit that smartlist too.

Seems like a long way to go though just to avoid playing some dialogue tracks individually. Any chance of an option to mark songs as played when it starts playing the song?
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Marking a song as played
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 09:36:58 am »

A file is counted as played once it crosses the 1/2 mark.  Sorry, but this isn't configurable.

How about using a rating of one?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

Re: Marking a song as played
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:33:41 pm »

I could do that or create a custom field that says it's dialogue. It all comes down to modifying my smartlists. Thanks for reading the suggestion and letting me know it's saved once past the 1/2 mark.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up