INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Tools - File renaming  (Read 1547 times)

topgunn

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Library Tools - File renaming
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:28:09 pm »

This is not a huge problem. I may be the only person in existence with this experience and that because I am doing something bassackwards!  But nonetheless here it is. 
In a single folder I have multiple copies of a track in .mp3 files named according to the "Artist - Track Name" convention.  The first might be "ArtistXYX - TrackABC" and the second "ArtistXYZ - TrackABC(1)"  Neither one is in an MC library, only in a Playing Now list.  My problem or question arises when I delete the first instance (i.e. "ArtistXYZ - TrackABC") both from my Playing Now listing and from the folder. I then refresh the folder (using windows explorer) and MC (via the View/Navigation Menu Option). Finally go back to my Playing Now list and try to rename the track that is "ArtistXYZ - TrackABC(1)" to "ArtistXYZ - TrackABC" with no luck, it keeps the (1) identifier intact. Apparently MC still believes that the original track with that name exists even though it was deleted from the playing now listing, deleted from the folder and both the folder and MC have been refreshed.  How can I get MC updated to reflect the deletion and allow for the rile renaming? Currently I have to delete both files from the Playing Now list then after doing all the deleting and renaming in Windows Explorer, reload them into Playing Now.  Thanks

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Tools - File renaming
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 12:45:48 pm »

IF I understand your question, you're trying to delete files out of Playing Now, which can't be done--"delete" means "remove from playlist" in 11.x.  That is why MC believes the file still exists, and why you eventually find the file, even though it doesn't or shouldn't exist, I think. 

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 01:57:09 pm »

Yup - this 'delete' on the playlist is a real itch I can't scratch
Just changing it to 'Remove From Playlist' would make it obvoius what it did and take the away any possibility of confusion
It's such a simple fix that I can't really see why it was called 'Delete' in the first place - weeellll, I do half get it, it does delete the track from playing now, but from other places it doesn't - very inconsistent, and kind of worrying for new users

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 02:09:30 pm »

You know, if jriver were to somehow figure out how to change the Playing Now menu text from "delete' to "remove from playlist", I would have to agree that JimH, Matt, John, Bob, Yao, Swell Guy/Bill G and the others (are there others?) are all geniuses and MC is the greatest software endeavor ever undertaken by mankind.

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 02:43:06 pm »

You know, if jriver were to somehow figure out how to change the Playing Now menu text from "delete' to "remove from playlist", I would have to agree that JimH, Matt, John, Bob, Yao, Swell Guy/Bill G and the others (are there others?) are all geniuses and MC is the greatest software endeavor ever undertaken by mankind.

Dark Penguine
-

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 02:51:42 pm »

yay - I thought it was just me......

modelmaker

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 05:43:54 pm »

You have been heard.....I can't say anymore......shhh!
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up