INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video files already in database!?  (Read 3143 times)

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
Video files already in database!?
« on: August 21, 2006, 06:06:15 pm »

Summary of Import media:

Library now has 6819 files. Search and update took 0:01.

Imported 0 new files.

In-depth details:
1323203: Import: Process: Starting import (JRiver Media Center 11.1.194 (registered))
1323234: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Start
1324125: Import: GetMissingAndUpdateFiles: Finish (891 ms)
1324125: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Start
1324125: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Include: D:\Mijn documenten\Mijn video's\
1324125: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Exclude: C:\Documents and Settings\A. Bersselaar\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Thumbnails\{42477DDF-2189-4E24-85C0-2D0196844EC6}\
1324125: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Finish (0 ms)
1324125: Import: GetNewFiles: Start
1324125: Import: AddFile: Found: D:\Mijn documenten\Mijn video's\Herman Finkers - De zon gaat zinloos onder morgen moet zij toch weer op (deel 1)\Herman Finkers - De zon gaat zinloos onder morgen moet zij toch weer op (deel 1).mpg
1324125: Import: AddFile: Found: D:\Mijn documenten\Mijn video's\Herman Finkers - De zon gaat zinloos onder, morgen moet zij toch weer op (deel 2)\Herman Finkers - De zon gaat zinloos onder, morgen moet zij toch weer op (deel 2).mpg
1324125: Import: AddFile: Found: D:\Mijn documenten\Mijn video's\Het schitterende scherm, 50 jaar NOS-Journaal\Het schitterende scherm, 50 jaar NOS-Journaal.mpg
1324125: Import: GetNewFiles: Finish (0 ms)
1324125: Import: MakeLibraryBackup: Start
1324641: Import: MakeLibraryBackup: Finish (516 ms)
1324641: Import: ImportNewFiles: Start
1324656: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: D:\Mijn documenten\Mijn video's\Herman Finkers - De zon gaat zinloos onder morgen moet zij toch weer op (deel 1)\Herman Finkers - De zon gaat zinloos onder morgen moet zij toch weer op (deel 1).mpg
1324719: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Ignored (already in database, etc.)
1324719: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: D:\Mijn documenten\Mijn video's\Herman Finkers - De zon gaat zinloos onder, morgen moet zij toch weer op (deel 2)\Herman Finkers - De zon gaat zinloos onder, morgen moet zij toch weer op (deel 2).mpg
1324781: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Ignored (already in database, etc.)
1324781: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: D:\Mijn documenten\Mijn video's\Het schitterende scherm, 50 jaar NOS-Journaal\Het schitterende scherm, 50 jaar NOS-Journaal.mpg
1324813: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Ignored (already in database, etc.)
1324813: Import: ImportNewFiles: Finish (172 ms)
1324813: Import: FixBrokenLinks: Start
1324813: Import: FixBrokenLinks: Finish (0 ms)
1324813: Import: Process: Finish (1610 ms)

So 'Import media' found three new files but refused to import them because they are 'already in database'.
I had them in the video section of MC but deleted them some days ago. Now I want them back!!
How?
I don't have selected 'Exclude files previously removed from library'.

A day without laughing is a day without living

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video files already in database!?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 10:30:16 pm »

Yeah I had this happen to me once before. The only way I could get around the issue was to rename the video files and then re-import.

Hope this helps.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:35:11 pm »

Check the option to Ignore previously deleted files on the "Advanced" section of the import dialog.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 01:46:23 am »

Yeah I had this happen to me once before. The only way I could get around the issue was to rename the video files and then re-import.

Hope this helps.
I renamed the video files and re-imported them. But MC keeps saying that they are already in the database. Even when I rename the folder that the video-files are in and then try to import from that folder, MC keeps saying that the video-files are already in the database.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 01:50:42 am »

Check the option to Ignore previously deleted files on the "Advanced" section of the import dialog.
I think you don't understand what I mean. I want to import the previous deleted files, so I unchecked the option to ignore previously deleted files. But checked or unchecked, the files won't import anymore.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 06:27:42 am »

Is it possible the files are there, but you're just not seeing them because of a view filter?

Try this smartlist:
[Media Type]=[Video] ~d=a

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 07:06:28 am »

Is it possible the files are there, but you're just not seeing them because of a view filter?

Try this smartlist:
[Media Type]=[Video] ~d=a
I tried but no results.
I even moved the files to another drive and then tried to import. But again the same result: ignored (already in database)

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 02:44:17 pm »

Tonight I tried again to import the missing video-files in my library. This time MC says again that they are ignored because they already are in the database. But on the other hand MC does import two other video-files that already are in my library (although nothing has changed in the naming or path of these files). Very strange behaviour of MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 04:19:49 pm »

I'm sorry, but we're not sure what this is.  You could try a fresh library.

Also, make sure you're trying the search I listed in a smartlist (not library search).  It may show the strange file.

Thanks.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 05:32:00 am »

I'm sorry, but we're not sure what this is.  You could try a fresh library.

Also, make sure you're trying the search I listed in a smartlist (not library search).  It may show the strange file.

Thanks.
I did the smartlist search and found a lot of previous imports, but not the three video-files I miss.
I deleted all those strange entries and tried to import the three missing files again, but no luck.
MC finds them but refuses to import because they are 'already in the database'.
When I clear the library to make a fresh one, MC asks if I also want to clear the database fields and have them revert back to the defaults. What does that mean?

UPDATE 1
I cleared the library, cleared the database fields and reverted them back to the defaults.
Then I made a new libary and quess what. I have 5 MPEG video-files (mpg). MC imported only three of them, but those three were ignored because they are 'already in the database'. 

UPDATE 2
Somewhat later I tried again to import my 5 video-files (mpg). Now MC found and imported the two files it previously didn'f find, the other three however were found but ignored, because they are 'already in the database'.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 07:44:00 am »

I just did a test on my own machine an noticed that small audio files generate the same behaviour when the "ignore small files" is checked. Is there some calculation of videos in this routine, and may it misread the video maybe? Have you, berto, tried to turn this feature off as well.

(just trying to contribute...)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 07:49:43 am »

I just did a test on my own machine an noticed that small audio files generate the same behaviour when the "ignore small files" is checked. Is there some calculation of videos in this routine, and may it misread the video maybe? Have you, berto, tried to turn this feature off as well.

(just trying to contribute...)
WOW. Now MC finds the missing video-files. Thank you very much.
But how can this be? The video-files are 2 Gigabyte and bigger!!

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 08:02:46 am »

Kewl! Seems like they have implemented the same feature for videos without writing it explict. I have often seen programs misinterperate length of video-files, and that is probaly it in this case. They don't filter on the file size, since resolution may vary.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 08:07:19 am »

I guess this is not a bug in MC, rather need an "Ignore files - May not work on corrupted video files" feature...
What do you mean MC Dev.Team?

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 08:10:16 am »

Kewl! Seems like they have implemented the same feature for videos without writing it explict. I have often seen programs misinterperate length of video-files, and that is probaly it in this case. They don't filter on the file size, since resolution may vary.
Thanks again. Your '(just trying to contribute...)' has been a success!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up