INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: syncing to handheld fails on tags with special characters  (Read 1477 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
syncing to handheld fails on tags with special characters
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:42:19 pm »

Hello everyone,
Heres the problem. I am syncing a playlist to a Rio Karma player. When a file contains some illegal to Karma charcters (for example "/" and ".") the synchronization doesn't work - the files keep get added all over again
I do understand why this happens:
Say, if I sync a song by AC/DC (tagged as AC/DC) it is added to Karma as AC DC. When I resync - it gets aded again since according to MC it's a different title.
is there a workaround apart from retagging?
Thanks!

mks

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
Re: syncing to handheld fails on tags with special characters
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 10:55:38 am »

anyone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:56:19 pm »

What version of MC?  Have you tried updating?

Are you converting files from another format?

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 01:43:16 pm »

I am using the latest MC build.
It's quite simple - MC transfer, say, AC/DC track with the artist tag "AC/DC". Karma changes the tag to AC DC. For Karma AC/DC = AC DC for MC it is not the same. In the end MC and Karma are always out of sync for files with special characters in the tags (it doesn't like '/' and '..' and possibly more).
Well, I guess there's no workaround on this except for retagging
Thanks!

What version of MC?  Have you tried updating?

Are you converting files from another format?

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 10:49:12 am »

Hello,
I have to elevate this issue again.. I dunno if it's a karma-specific or not but this is happening only with MC.
I tried - MS Media Player 10, MediaMonkey 2.5.3 and Rio Music Manager --> these all work correctly.
MC, however, changes the files containing special characters (slash, dot, comma, etc) get replaced with spaces upon transfer. AC/DC becomes AC DC etc. As a result, when recyncing, these files get synced again and again as the names do not match.
Can this be fixed?
Thanks!

max

I am using the latest MC build.
It's quite simple - MC transfer, say, AC/DC track with the artist tag "AC/DC". Karma changes the tag to AC DC. For Karma AC/DC = AC DC for MC it is not the same. In the end MC and Karma are always out of sync for files with special characters in the tags (it doesn't like '/' and '..' and possibly more).
Well, I guess there's no workaround on this except for retagging
Thanks!

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 11:25:58 am »

heres a screenshot:

Hello,
I have to elevate this issue again.. I dunno if it's a karma-specific or not but this is happening only with MC.
I tried - MS Media Player 10, MediaMonkey 2.5.3 and Rio Music Manager --> these all work correctly.
MC, however, changes the files containing special characters (slash, dot, comma, etc) get replaced with spaces upon transfer. AC/DC becomes AC DC etc. As a result, when recyncing, these files get synced again and again as the names do not match.
Can this be fixed?
Thanks!

max

Pages: [1]   Go Up