INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Browsing & Search - How would you do this?  (Read 895 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Library Browsing & Search - How would you do this?
« on: August 21, 2006, 11:58:59 pm »

Ok, I primarily use the tile library view for browsing audio now, so all searching is done this way for me.

How would you go about searching for something say with a filter preset such as 'limit 2 songs per artist' and then selecting a field in a specific genre tile.  Look what happens in the next screen.  ALL of the genres are still there!

If I select a specific genre, drill down to the next screen, and THEN perform the exact same search, MC resets the previous tile selections I made.

A)   Is there a way around this using the library view?

B) What is the benefit of having the current search logic the way it is, versus it being more compatible and open with the library view?  It's almost like the search was not made to be used at all in the library.  I guess the library is not for finding what you want, but just general browsing?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Browsing & Search - How would you do this?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 08:00:34 pm »

I searched for a group of songs I wanted to tag and then realized I had to move to the pane view to tag them and in doing so, my search was erased.  :(

Another way to think about this, is if you are going to have search act this way in relation to the library view then why even have the complex filter options in the search view? 

MAYBE MC should add a second box below the search box titled fitler, that is more compatible with the library view and essentially OPENS UP the powerful features of view scheming.

The filter view would always apply no matter, its just that you have the ability to edit it whenever you want even in the middle of browsing without screwing that up like 'search'currently does.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up