INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Schemes... and ISOs  (Read 1542 times)

LanceD

• Recent member
View Schemes... and ISOs
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:46:34 am »

This is probably a pretty elementary question, but can someone explain how to get ISO files to show up in my videos folder (and in Theater View). I went to 'edit view scheme' and added 'data' files to the accepted files, and tried import, but nothing is happening.

Anybody?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: View Schemes... and ISOs
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 11:08:23 am »

I have 3 view schemes to handle my DVD's.

This shows all of them, both the ripped ones on hard drives and also the ones that are on disc that I haven't ripped.
[Media Type]=[Video] ~sort=[Name] ~d=mc [File Type]=[dvd],[ifo],[vob]

This shows only the movies on disc.
[Media Type]=[Video] ~sort=[Name] ~d=mc [File Type]=[dvd]

This shows only the ripped movies.
[Media Type]=[Video] ~sort=[Name] ~d=mc [File Type]=[ifo],[vob]

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:19:57 am »

Thanks. I guess my problem is that I can't import ISO files into my library, so they don't show up in the view scheme. Is there a way to do this?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 11:38:59 am »

I import them by using windows file explorer.
right-click on video_ts.ifo file and choose Media Center > Import from the context menu.
May also work via dragging the file into MC.

If that doesn't work for you then perhaps you imported them once before and then deleted them from your library.  In this case, you may have the checkbox for "ignore items previously deleted" checked.

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 12:29:09 pm »

I think there's a miscommunication here. I'm talking about ISO files. Not IFO files.  Basically, is it possible to import files other than the ones listed in the wizard?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 12:32:15 pm »

Ahh.  I hear you now  ;D

I don't use .iso at all, but I would think it should work if you have the DATA type enabled in the view.
I don't think it'll play directly in MC without mounting it as a drive first though.

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 12:52:36 pm »

Funny thing... I tried enabling the DATA type in the view before I started this thread, and it didn't work. I just tried it again, and it works fine... Strange... Anyway, thanks for the help.

As far as mounting it... I just wrote a small .NET program that mounts the passed file in Daemon Tools and starts Media Center in full screen mode. (I might make a plugin out of it after a bit more work), and associated it with the ISO extension. So, when you double-click on an iso, it gets mounted and played. The goal here launch ISOs from Theater View with a remote... I think I'm about there.

Thanks again!

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 01:08:33 pm »

I've never used the .iso format.
Is this a rip of a complete DVD with menus and all?
Is the video compressed in any way?
What's the average file size for a movie?

I strip the menus, alternate languages and pretty much everything but the main movie.  If I want to see the extra features I'll just grab the disc to watch those.  Most of mine end up at about 4.5 GB per movie with zero compression.

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 01:45:42 pm »

It's just a backup of the whole disk. Menus, special features, everything is intact. The size really depends on what's on the DVD. I haven't ripped that much of my collection yet, but the biggest one I've seen was about 9GB (I don't remember which movie that is though).
Pages: [1]   Go Up