INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.60  (Read 4639 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.60
« on: August 24, 2006, 05:20:58 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120060.exe

12.0.60 (8/24/06)

1. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing.
2. Fixed: When manually expanding a tree item, the tree and action window wouldn't properly negotiate for space.
3. Fixed: The auto-expand / auto-collapse tree option was not being honored.
4. Changed: Removed the "show tooltips" option for the tree.
5. Changed: Switching to Mini View or Theater View while MC was minimized could cause strange results.
6. Fixed: In some cases, switching to a view scheme could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Changing the rotation field for an image causes the thumnbnail to be rebuilt.
8. Fixed: When using fast image rotation (what thumbnails use), some rotation angles were not being properly supported.
9. Fixed: Image tag window wasn't applying image rotation.
10. Changed: The empty text like "no search results" or "no files -- double-click here to play entire library", etc. now get drawn in thumbnail-style lists as well.
11. Changed: When viewing an empty library view, it'll say "searching for files" (instead of double-click to search for files) if an import is running.
12. Changed: Right-click on a view scheme has the "Add Folder To Library" option.
13. Changed: More error checking in video player seek operation.
14. Changed: Bumped the core database version so Library Server understands the difference between an v11.1 and v12.0 library.
15. Changed: Dialogs thrown from input plugins during playback are now skinned and translated.
16. Fixed: Starting Media Center in last exit view mode could cause it to be in a confused state where all menus and functionality didn't work as expected.
17. Changed: With last exit view mode selected, the splash screen would not show. (the splash still doesn't show when going straight to display or theater view by design)
18. Fixed: Album thumbnail tooltips were not appearing.
19. NEW: Added file count next to groupings in the panes. (experimental -- may not remain)
20. Changed: Tag action window allows calculated fields to be shown.
21. Changed: Reworked how fields are grouped in the tag window menu.
22. Changed: Each stack view inside a view scheme shares thumbnail sizing and sorting.

12.0.59 (8/22/06)

1. NEW: Added YADB cover art lookup / submission. (please submit any albums you have good covers for)
2. Changed: Merged settings for auto-expand / auto-collapsing of the tree into one setting in Options > Tree & View.
3. Changed: List-type fields in the Action Window will use one line for their list of values if the list is short enough.
4. Fixed: Multimedia keys were not being handled as well as in MC 11.1 in some cases.
5. Changed: Right clicking anywhere on the top border of the program will show the "Customize Toolbar" menu. (instead of just on the file menu)
6. Changed: Right-click drag now supported by the navigation tree.
7. NEW: By default, thumbnail views determine the best aspect ratio by sampling the thumbnails. (moving the thumbnail size slider automatically puts the list in auto-aspect ratio mode)
8. Fixed: Resizing thumbnails could produce a dead area at the top of the list in some cases.
9. Fixed: In some cases, right-click menus in the tree would fail to work properly.
10. Changed: Reworked the auto-collapse / auto-expand logic in the tree. (any auto-expanded item gets collapsed when changing selection)
11. Fixed: Tree > right-click > "Add Device..." was not working.
12. NEW: Importing of iTunes playlists (as saved as txt or xml) added.
13. Changed: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks ferent!)
14. Changed: Updated the French translation. (thanks laurentxp!)

12.0.58 (8/19/06)

1. Changed: Switched audio analysis dialog back to only counting files that need analysis in the "xx / xx completed" text.
2. Fixed: Minimizing to the system tray wasn't hiding the regular task bar button.
3. Fixed: OS-level eject of iPods and drive-style handhelds was not working properly.
4. Changed: Thumbnailer will stop trying to thumbnail a file after it fails to thumbnail three times.
5. Changed: Improved handling (and performance) of thumbnailing system when dealing with files that don't have a thumbnail. (like audio with no art)

12.0.57 (8/18/06)

1. NEW: Library views with items like file paths, groupings, playlists, expressions, etc. fully support grouping thumbnails. (previously only available with simple fields)
2. Changed: Tag Action Window looks nicer when no files are selected.
3. Fixed: Anything that could possibly show a wait message if it would take a while (expand some tree items, navigation, etc.) could stall for several seconds. (introduced in 56)
4. Fixed: When tile links faded in, the left-most text could look too dark with font anti-aliasing enabled.
5. Fixed: When jumping to full screen display view and back, a list's scroll position could have moved.
6. Fixed: Shutting down the program after it hadn't been running long could cause a crash in rare cases.
7. Optimized: Improved speed when jumping between UI modes.
8. Fixed: Starting the program and immediately going to the remote control options page could cause a crash.
9. Fixed: Thumbnail views wouldn't update properly after tagging changes.
10. NEW: Added iTunes playlist import support.
11. Fixed: When doing "Remove Tags", folder watching could unnecessarily reanalyze the file later.
12. Changed: Doing audio analysis on a large list where only a few files needed analysis would take longer than expected.
13. Fixed: View schemes targetting a specified disk location would have a "Click here to reset selection" even when it wasn't necessary.
14. Changed: Reworked IPTC tag display in the "Format" section of the Tag window to look like the MJMD section.
15. Fixed: Video zooming did not work smoothly when the "Crop" aspect ratio option had been choosen.
16. Changed: Video zooming can zoom out further than the window size, up to the native video size, if the window size is larger than the native video size.

12.0.56 (8/16/06)

1. Fixed: File ordering inside albums on an iPod could show up alphabetical instead of in disc # / track # order.
2. Changed: Detached display considers windowed location instead of current location when calculating "Nearest Monitor" for fullscreen.
3. Changed: During the last 10 days before a beta timeout, the timeout warning is shown each launch of the player.
4. Fixed: It was not possible to fill in a missing track number from the tag Action Window.
5. NEW: In MP3 files, ID3's popularimeter mapped to MC star ratings.
6. NEW: Video Panning (hold down left mouse button and drag when video is zoomed in) is available for TV, DX video player, and DVD player.
7. Changed: Skinning engine better handles some ATL COM third party plugins.
8. Fixed: Internet image lookup was not working properly.
9. Changed: Updated Dutch translation. (thanks BennyD!)
10. Changed: Removed tree icons from root items.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.60
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 06:26:10 pm »

If you Click On The Start Page After MS Firewall Allows A Connection

The Page Has Some Links On it One of Them Is

You can see updated version of the web page
by connecting to the Internet

Buy JRiver Media Center

It Pulls Up

https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/buy.cgi?productid=16

Code: [Select]
Error

This product is no longer available. Please check the web site ( JRiver Media Center)for upgrade information.

it prob should be linked to

https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/buy.cgi?productid=26
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 06:35:28 pm »

Splash screen--check!

Full "view" menu--check!

"Tools" menu on click--check!

Tag window shows my calculated field!

Thanks Matt, guys!!

--Tag window tag fields menu makes more sense to me now, it's cleaner and simpler.

--Still can't rate or tag a song via playing now in AW, a mere cm away from the tag window.  If you want to tag a song from playing now in AW, you must first view it in the main window, either by using "locate" or by switching to full view playing now.  If you right-click/select "tag", you'll go to tag window with the wrong file selected.  This isn't simple.

--Still can't get DVD video to play on second monitor, although mpegs, etc from hard drive play just fine!

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 06:47:57 pm »

In any view tested, if I click on a single track, then click on a column header to reorder priority, then shift click below that first selected file in order to select a group, ALL files from the top down are selected.

Example:

I go to "Top Hits" click on Steely Dan's "Deacon Blues", my top hit.  I then reorder the list by "artist" first, so that I can quickly group all my top Steely Dan hits.  what I have now is a list of all top hits alphabetically by artist, and I have ONLY "Deacon Blues" selected.  I then go twenty tracks down the list, still in Steely Dan, and shift-click "Royal Scam".  My intent is to select 20 tracks, starting with "Deacon Blues" and ending with "Royal Scam".  Instead, I select EVERYTHING from the top of the list alphabetically (4 Non Blondes) down to "Royal Scam".

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 06:49:07 pm »

When you're at the top of a list in theater view, the up arrow no longer "wraps" and takes you to the end. This was always a nice shortcut previously for getting to the end of a very long list without needing to page down repeatedly.

EDIT: Oh, and the same goes for the down arrow at the end of a list. It no longer takes me to the top.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 06:54:05 pm »

When you're at the top of a list in theater view, the up arrow no longer "wraps" and takes you to the end. This was always a nice shortcut previously for getting to the end of a very long list without needing to page down repeatedly.

EDIT: Oh, and the same goes for the down arrow at the end of a list. It no longer takes me to the top.

Thanks.
It's working for me.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 07:38:07 pm »

Thanks.

Mine doesn't wrap either, the left hand menu wraps, but the track listing etc on the right doesn't wrap.

R

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 09:25:03 pm »

The right doesn't wrap on purpose.  I find wrapping confusing.  Maybe I'm in the minority.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 09:25:45 pm »

21. Changed: Reworked how fields are grouped in the tag window menu.
Sorry, don't like it. There's way too much scrolling in the one submenu. And still BPM, Intensity, and other fields are missing.

Also, got a big problem that I can't edit the File Type in the tag window. I had converted a bunch of files to a m4a extension but the File Type field still showed mp3. It would have been nice to be able to select all those and then click the MP3 in the tag window to change it there but alas, could not do it. I had to go to each and every file and do an inline editing of the field.
Jeff

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 10:07:50 pm »

The right doesn't wrap on purpose.  I find wrapping confusing.  Maybe I'm in the minority.

Dunno Matt. I personally find paging down 20 times to get to the end of my list a real pain when I used to be able to do it in one. Maybe we could add this to the small list of useful configurable items desperately required for Theater View (outlined - as you know - here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35250.0).

As an extreme fan and user of Theater View, the navigation mechanism just seems to have taken a backwards step in 12. For the most part, it all seemed perfectly fine to me the way it was.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 10:57:16 pm »

MC is still freezing if I introduce a lot of new video files into the library at one time.

Thumbnailing is still too aggressive I think.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 01:42:43 am »

14. Changed: Bumped the core database version so Library Server understands the difference between an v11.1 and v12.0 library.

Does this mean that we can no longer use MC12 as a client to a server running MC11.1?  This seems to be the case -- I suddenely get a message in MC12 that says I need to update the other machine to the same version of MC in order to use the LS.

If this IS the case, is there any way to continue using MC11.1 for the server -- perhaps by only updating the LS?  I am not ready to update the "other" system to MC12 yet, so I was hoping that I could continue to use 11.1 on the server, and MC12 on the client.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 02:05:29 am »

I find wrapping confusing.  Maybe I'm in the minority.

I think you may in fact be in the minority on this one.  When I'm scrolling through a long list, it's VERY frustrating to have to page all the way back up the list rather than just continuing down and having it jump to the top of the list.  The same goes for the other way -- if I know I want to go to an artist beginning with V or W, for example, I'll just curser "UP" a few times and I'll be there.  This is MUCH easier than having to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list -- especially when you're dealing with X10 control on a slower system, which doesn't move very fast to begin with.

I strongly feel that Theater View menus need the ability to wrap.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 02:17:54 am »

A couple issues with "Unassigned" tags:

1)  "Unassigned" tags no longer say "Unassigned" when using this field as one of the panes in the Pane View.  Instead, you just see a number in parenthesis rather than the word "Unassigned."  This results in a confusing layout if you make use of blank or "unassigned" tags, like I do for my "iPod Setup."

Would it be possible to have the Panes go back to showing the word "Unassigned" (or <Unassigned> or <Blank>, etc.) in the Panes when a tag is blank?  I believe this presents a more clear layout, and therefore less confusion if you actually use "blank" fields in as a means of controlling functions in MC.

2)  In tagging mode, I cannot "check" the "Unassigned" box (even though the IS a box there.)  I can clink on the currently checked tag, which UNchecks it and checks the "Unassigned" box instead, but even though the IS a box for the "Unassigned" state of the tag, I can't select it directly.  Could this be changed so I could directly check the box on the "Unassigned" line to create a blank field for a tag?

Thanks,

Larry

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 04:21:46 am »

--------
Wishes
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Could we get a "loop slideshow" option in the image playback settings? If that's possible, could we also have access to the setting when right-click on a slideshow display? This would help greatly with image playcounts being messed up when absent-mindedly left playing in the display window.
  • When using a panes view to tag images, the fade-in play | tag options and the rotating statistics beneath thumbnails seem a little redundant. Could they be turned off in this scenario? (Discuss?)
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

dcwebman

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 06:59:48 am »

Playing Now is also still wandering around within the tree window as things are expanded/collapsed. This often makes it quite hard to locate quickly.
I don't know if I've seen a suggestion as to what it should do, but it would be nice if the Start and Playing Now were the first things in the tree. Then the 3 Audio, Images, Video items underneath that, followed by the rest of the tree items.
Jeff

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 07:45:28 am »

I like the three big icons at the top. I feel like they should have the most weight.
Their spacing gets weird when the tree autosizes to go really wide though.

Anyway, Bug:

Click "Play" link on a tile and it plays in the wrong order. (Even with defualt sorting set in the list options)

dcwebman

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 07:55:41 am »

This auto-collapse causes a problem for ease of use. Say I am in Drives & Devices and have worked my way down in the tree for My Computer to a folder. If I click back on Playing Now (or any other tree item), Drives & Devices collapses. When it does and I go back to Drives & Devices, I found it had collapsed my tree within there and I have to go back and try to find that folder again. It should retain the tree items within each selection for things like Drives & Devices and Playlists.
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 08:00:18 am »

I like the three big icons at the top. I feel like they should have the most weight.
I was just offering a suggestion as to what Marko has been saying about Playing Now moving around. I don't know, I guess in my system Playing Now is the most important item. Unless of course you only use MC for managing and never play anything.  ;)
Jeff

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 09:33:46 am »

MC is still freezing if I introduce a lot of new video files into the library at one time.

Thumbnailing is still too aggressive I think.

Are the videos of some specific types? What DirectShow filters are being used for them?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 09:42:42 am »

If it were only my divX videos I might understand, but at work they are plain DV .mov files (purchased royalty free video), and captured DV .avi files.

On my home computer, it has finished building most of the thumbnails, but the viewscheme freezes when i enter the podcasts grouping (m4v and m4a files). Not only freezes but crashes.

I cant remember the last time i closed MC myself when in a video viewshceme.

Also, at work, I'm getting some major freezes (about 10 secs at a time) whenever i view my "Font previews" grouping. Dont know why, it's just a bunch of jpegs, like the rest of my files. Havent seen the same behaviour when looking at clipart, photos etc.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 11:11:17 am »

Applying tag changes is still taking an unusually long time for me.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 01:25:37 pm »

but at work they are plain DV .mov files (purchased royalty free video), and captured DV .avi files.

.mov files are analyzed by Quicktime. Make sure you have updated QuickTime on that computer.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 01:57:24 pm »

German Translation Update 25.8.06
http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/mc12de.zip
Please insert it in the next build tanks...
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 03:11:46 pm »

Playing Now is also still wandering around within the tree window as things are expanded/collapsed. This often makes it quite hard to locate quickly.

One "Workaround" to this that I've been using is to add a toolbar icon for playing now to the top/bottom bar.  This way, it's always in the same spot.  I do agree that "Playing Now" seems to call for different treatment in the tree where it doesn't move.

Larry

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006, 03:13:00 pm »

Misc. issues with Audio Analyze:

1.  Cannot shut MC down if Audio Analyze dialog is open. 

2.  The Audio Analyze restore control does not work - the window can only be restored by double clicking on the window.

3.  This has been mentioned by others and is a real inconvenience:  If audio analyze encounters a problem with a specific file it stops processing others in the queue.  MC must be shut down and reopened before processing can be restarted. 

The good news is that Audio Analyze is now extremely fast and stable. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up