INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External cover art smartlist  (Read 1253 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
External cover art smartlist
« on: August 24, 2006, 05:43:32 pm »

I just discovered that all the albums that I have imported in the last few weeks (for sure during the month of August)do not have their cover art inside the file but in the external location, even though I have always had the "store image in file also" checkbox checked. Could be my fault... perhaps something prevented the tags to be written. I'm gonna take a closer look at that when importing new albums.

In the meantime I'd like to check which are the files affected and correct the issue via "update tags from library.

I have an old smartlist that used to show the files with external cover art, but I think is no longer working with its current syntax.

This is how I have it set up:

media type=audio -[Image File]="" [Image File]=.,\

Can somebody check that expression and/or correct it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: External cover art smartlist
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 01:56:30 am »

[media type]=audio -[Image File]=[] [Image File]=.,\

this says, all audio files (obviously) but not those whose [image file] field is empty, and of the ones that are not empty, only show ones that contain a dot or a back-slash.

the exclusion here is probably redundant.

There's one other leetle problem scenario that this doesn't cover....

Say, for example, the [image file] field contains: C:\coverart\coverartfile.jpg

This track will be included in your search results.
If the path is no longer valid, because you deleted the file, or renamed the directory or something similar, MC doesn't deal with the situation very well.
It retains the invalid path information, and that is what gets displayed in the 'image' action window (the path) instead of an image.

Cover art can be a right royal pain in the proverbial at times!!

Deivit

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:33:20 am »

Thanks Marko for taking a look at the syntax.

Anyway, if the syntax is correct, I understand that any file with external cover art asigned (being it a valid or an invalid path) would have to show up with that smarlist, right?

They don't  :o ... but if I double-click the image in the action window, in the tooltip I can see: "C:\...." instead of "inside file"  and that's why I "thought" they are not stored in the file. If I take one of those files and perform an "update tags from library" I then can see the tooltip changed to "inside file".

Strange thing. Will investigate a little bit further.

Deivit

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 10:47:21 am »

Ok, reworded the syntax pulling out the redundancy that you mentioned, leaving it as:

[Media Type]=[Audio] [Image File]=.,\

It works fine now  :)

Thanks, Marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up