INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.61  (Read 3982 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.61
« on: August 25, 2006, 04:28:44 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120061.exe

12.0.61 (8/25/06)

1. Changed: Removed counts from pane listings.
2. Changed: Revised how library view navigation works so that it has only one control point.
3. Changed: Merged title of views and "Options" button in all views into the same item.
4. Optimized: Some skinned controls draw faster.
5. Changed: Added "Columns" to the view settings menu.
6. Changed: "Customize Current View..." replaced by "View Settings" menu in main view menu and right-click on file lists.
7. Changed: Right-clicking the column headers of a list shows only the "View Settings" menu instead of the entire menu.
8. NEW: Added ratings to the player window.
9. Fixed: Switching into fullscreen with MC maximized, and then hitting the "restore" button to go to windowed display view didn't work properly.

12.0.60 (8/24/06)

1. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing.
2. Fixed: When manually expanding a tree item, the tree and action window wouldn't properly negotiate for space.
3. Fixed: The auto-expand / auto-collapse tree option was not being honored.
4. Changed: Removed the "show tooltips" option for the tree.
5. Changed: Switching to Mini View or Theater View while MC was minimized could cause strange results.
6. Fixed: In some cases, switching to a view scheme could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Changing the rotation field for an image causes the thumnbnail to be rebuilt.
8. Fixed: When using fast image rotation (what thumbnails use), some rotation angles were not being properly supported.
9. Fixed: Image tag window wasn't applying image rotation.
10. Changed: The empty text like "no search results" or "no files -- double-click here to play entire library", etc. now get drawn in thumbnail-style lists as well.
11. Changed: When viewing an empty library view, it'll say "searching for files" (instead of double-click to search for files) if an import is running.
12. Changed: Right-click on a view scheme has the "Add Folder To Library" option.
13. Changed: More error checking in video player seek operation.
14. Changed: Bumped the core database version so Library Server understands the difference between an v11.1 and v12.0 library.
15. Changed: Dialogs thrown from input plugins during playback are now skinned and translated.
16. Fixed: Starting Media Center in last exit view mode could cause it to be in a confused state where all menus and functionality didn't work as expected.
17. Changed: With last exit view mode selected, the splash screen would not show. (the splash still doesn't show when going straight to display or theater view by design)
18. Fixed: Album thumbnail tooltips were not appearing.
19. NEW: Added file count next to groupings in the panes. (experimental -- may not remain)
20. Changed: Tag action window allows calculated fields to be shown.
21. Changed: Reworked how fields are grouped in the tag window menu.
22. Changed: Each stack view inside a view scheme shares thumbnail sizing and sorting.

12.0.59 (8/22/06)

1. NEW: Added YADB cover art lookup / submission. (please submit any albums you have good covers for)
2. Changed: Merged settings for auto-expand / auto-collapsing of the tree into one setting in Options > Tree & View.
3. Changed: List-type fields in the Action Window will use one line for their list of values if the list is short enough.
4. Fixed: Multimedia keys were not being handled as well as in MC 11.1 in some cases.
5. Changed: Right clicking anywhere on the top border of the program will show the "Customize Toolbar" menu. (instead of just on the file menu)
6. Changed: Right-click drag now supported by the navigation tree.
7. NEW: By default, thumbnail views determine the best aspect ratio by sampling the thumbnails. (moving the thumbnail size slider automatically puts the list in auto-aspect ratio mode)
8. Fixed: Resizing thumbnails could produce a dead area at the top of the list in some cases.
9. Fixed: In some cases, right-click menus in the tree would fail to work properly.
10. Changed: Reworked the auto-collapse / auto-expand logic in the tree. (any auto-expanded item gets collapsed when changing selection)
11. Fixed: Tree > right-click > "Add Device..." was not working.
12. NEW: Importing of iTunes playlists (as saved as txt or xml) added.
13. Changed: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks ferent!)
14. Changed: Updated the French translation. (thanks laurentxp!)

12.0.58 (8/19/06)

1. Changed: Switched audio analysis dialog back to only counting files that need analysis in the "xx / xx completed" text.
2. Fixed: Minimizing to the system tray wasn't hiding the regular task bar button.
3. Fixed: OS-level eject of iPods and drive-style handhelds was not working properly.
4. Changed: Thumbnailer will stop trying to thumbnail a file after it fails to thumbnail three times.
5. Changed: Improved handling (and performance) of thumbnailing system when dealing with files that don't have a thumbnail. (like audio with no art)

12.0.57 (8/18/06)

1. NEW: Library views with items like file paths, groupings, playlists, expressions, etc. fully support grouping thumbnails. (previously only available with simple fields)
2. Changed: Tag Action Window looks nicer when no files are selected.
3. Fixed: Anything that could possibly show a wait message if it would take a while (expand some tree items, navigation, etc.) could stall for several seconds. (introduced in 56)
4. Fixed: When tile links faded in, the left-most text could look too dark with font anti-aliasing enabled.
5. Fixed: When jumping to full screen display view and back, a list's scroll position could have moved.
6. Fixed: Shutting down the program after it hadn't been running long could cause a crash in rare cases.
7. Optimized: Improved speed when jumping between UI modes.
8. Fixed: Starting the program and immediately going to the remote control options page could cause a crash.
9. Fixed: Thumbnail views wouldn't update properly after tagging changes.
10. NEW: Added iTunes playlist import support.
11. Fixed: When doing "Remove Tags", folder watching could unnecessarily reanalyze the file later.
12. Changed: Doing audio analysis on a large list where only a few files needed analysis would take longer than expected.
13. Fixed: View schemes targetting a specified disk location would have a "Click here to reset selection" even when it wasn't necessary.
14. Changed: Reworked IPTC tag display in the "Format" section of the Tag window to look like the MJMD section.
15. Fixed: Video zooming did not work smoothly when the "Crop" aspect ratio option had been choosen.
16. Changed: Video zooming can zoom out further than the window size, up to the native video size, if the window size is larger than the native video size.

12.0.56 (8/16/06)

1. Fixed: File ordering inside albums on an iPod could show up alphabetical instead of in disc # / track # order.
2. Changed: Detached display considers windowed location instead of current location when calculating "Nearest Monitor" for fullscreen.
3. Changed: During the last 10 days before a beta timeout, the timeout warning is shown each launch of the player.
4. Fixed: It was not possible to fill in a missing track number from the tag Action Window.
5. NEW: In MP3 files, ID3's popularimeter mapped to MC star ratings.
6. NEW: Video Panning (hold down left mouse button and drag when video is zoomed in) is available for TV, DX video player, and DVD player.
7. Changed: Skinning engine better handles some ATL COM third party plugins.
8. Fixed: Internet image lookup was not working properly.
9. Changed: Updated Dutch translation. (thanks BennyD!)
10. Changed: Removed tree icons from root items.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re: Media Center 12.0.61
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 05:19:27 pm »

8. NEW: Added ratings to the player window.

Wonderful, thx
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 05:25:06 pm »

--Issue reported in build .60 regarding column reordering messing with shift-click selecting is still there.

Ratings in player window is interesting and a great improvement.  I notice also that right-clicking in the player window and selecting "tag" will get that particular track into tag, the way that doing it in  "playing now" in the AW won't.  I think that PN in the AW is a better place, but if it's there, fine.  Now howabout moving the PN list up there as well, and stop hiding important functionality deep in the AW?  Currently, either window only does 7/8 of what you want.

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:43:06 pm »

1. Changed: Removed counts from pane listings.
Ye giveth and ye taketh away.  :(
Jeff

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 07:45:14 pm »

Continuing audio analyze issues:

1.  Cannot shut MC down if Audio Analyze dialog is open.

2.  The Audio Analyze restore control does not work - the window can only be restored by double clicking on the window.

3.  This has been mentioned by others and is a real inconvenience:  If audio analyze encounters a problem with a specific file it stops processing others in the queue.   MC must be shut down and reopened before processing can be restarted. 

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 07:50:09 pm »

AW Tag does not show up the track number when multiple songs of the same track number are selected.

The new menu system isn't bad, I think I will like it, but when right clicking in a view, 'customize current veiw' should not be nested.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 12:00:18 am »

The mini view does not appear to be holding its size that I make for it.  It just simply reverts back to the squinched size after closing and then returning to it.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 12:53:29 am »

In a Tiles view, it's possible to open up two meus at the same time. First, right click on the header bar to open the menu. Then hover over the "bread crumbs" menu and that will appear as well. In fact, with some creative clicking and hovering, it's possible to open up quite a bunch of menus all at once.

Is there some reason why these two menus are different? It can get a little confusing trying to remember which options were available in which menu.

Also, I never really noticed before, but it is there any reason why we couldn't get a Close button on Slim?

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 11:53:27 am »

MC often crashes on me throwing up a visual something runtime error.

Usually happens when in the video viewscheme. This time it happened when listening to an m4a podcast, in playing now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 01:54:31 pm »

MC often crashes on me throwing up a visual something runtime error.

Usually happens when in the video viewscheme. This time it happened when listening to an m4a podcast, in playing now.
Is the version of Quicktime installed the latest?

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 08:36:57 pm »

I had itunes 6.03 installed. when i launched it, it told me that there is a new version available (6.5)

I dont know where to find just quicktime anymore, so i have setup the latest itunes. I'll report back if the runtime error occurs again.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 10:11:45 pm »

Can't tick audible books in tagging mode (only when viewing by album thumbnails)

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 10:30:30 pm »

Handheld synching is still funky:

• I have been tagging (yes/no boxes that a master smartlist reads) for files i want to synch. Also ticked a couple of smartlists in handheld options.

When i do a recheck synch in the handheld action window it says i have476.6mb available.

I click on "details" and at the bottom of the screen it says that I have 1.9gb free.

And in the header bar of "details" it says "space used: 1.9 GB of 3.8GB"

I'm assuming the header bar is telling me what's on the ipod currently, but can't account for the differences between the action window and status bar numbers.

Perhaps all the numbers (current ipod info and post synch ipod info) should be up there in the header bar.

• Another oddity is that i get a " duplicates" warning for a radiohead album (happened last synch too with different songs in the same album), but i swear that there wasnt duplicates songs before i tried the synch. Feels like the synch is creating duplicates somehow.
    I'll try testing this.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 10:49:33 pm »

Last thing (for now  :))

Handhelds are still being ejected in MC but not system wide, so i have to manually eject it in windows. This is only true using the auto eject option in options. If you manually eject it from the tree it ejects properly.

Also, I think there should be an eject button in the handheld details header bar, for people who dont have an auto-eject option set.

Thanks,
Bri

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 11:44:56 pm »

I had itunes 6.03 installed. when i launched it, it told me that there is a new version available (6.5)

I dont know where to find just quicktime anymore, so i have setup the latest itunes. I'll report back if the runtime error occurs again.

It's not that hard to find.  Go to the regular Windows Quicktime download site:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

Choose the second option down (the one that does not say "QuickTime 7.1 with iTunes 6
for Windows 2000/XP" but just lists Quicktime).  Uncheck the three annoying boxes, and click Free Download Now.

I don't know why people complain about this still.  Apple used to hide the download in a "regular sized text" link at the bottom of the page, but now it's just a radio button choice.  How could it be easier?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 05:27:30 am »

Bug with G-Force:

Downloaded the latest version of G-Force that supports MC12.

G-Force is performing well, but if you switch back to any other MC visualization, MC12 crashes.

EpF

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 07:24:53 am »

In AW tag screen, 'Playlists' cannot be removed (not in right-click field lists).

Also, installing this version overwrote all custom art in the program folder

Marty3d

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 06:34:04 am »

The old bug reappeared:
When connected to LS and double-clicking on a playlist, MC doesn't always jump to PN. Before the symptom appeared when clicking on the tooltip, but now it does this both on the playlist icon and in the tooltip. But it seems it more often work when using the tooltip.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 02:26:48 pm »

Setting your Start View to Mini and having Slim as your chosen "mini skin" causes strange things to happen when you start MC. You get some weird combination of Slim and Standard View.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 04:22:55 pm »

Request:  After making tag changes, the status bar displays "done saving tags."  In order to view information regarding the playlist - number of files, number of minutes, size on disc - you have to refresh the playlist once, sometimes twice.  I'd much rather see this info instead of "done saving tags" and am requesting that the plalylist info be automatically displayed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up