INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some of my humble opinions of MC 12 so far...  (Read 1174 times)

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Some of my humble opinions of MC 12 so far...
« on: August 29, 2006, 01:05:49 am »

Here's some of my assessment so far, of MC 12 and the GUI as a "basic audio (85%) user" in playback mode:

Using the Noire - negative skin, G-Force running in PN, Tree visible.

General layout:  A-  (I would still prefer having a stop/play button).

PN Pane(Display?): Now that the lower bar is gone, it would be nice to let the "Playing Now" bar dissappear after 5-10 seconds. I miss the "Options" on the right side.

I think a place should be found for "Media Center" and include the version # (10, 11), 12, i.e.: MEDIA CENTER 12 or MC 12, (I'd pick "MC 12" and put it over by the min/close buttons or even better, where the media buttons used to be or move "search" down and put it above that).

The PN rating stars look better, but still should be selectable like everything else in the PN window.

AW/PN: B+

AW/PN should not go to vis when you go browsing in the tree.It should stick with PN image. Shouldn't PN always show what's playing, not the vis selection

It would be nice if the AW/PN/ tree display would stick, regardless of what's going on in the right side of the screen,

Better yet would be, to be able to show PN or a highlighted track/cover, call it PV/PN view, (PV = PreView, with a  "Show Highlighted Item" in the options menu).

The Tree & AW: B

Media buttons should be fixed/not scroll with tree. Add "Docs" (use the abreviation to save space - anyone using it already knows what Docs means).

PN &  Artist Info should also have fixed position buttons at the top of the tree.

Drives & Devices and Services & Plug-ins should be in the AW.

We should be able to chose a "Keep AW minimised" option. That would really clean up the tree nicely.

I think the Tree sould be reserved for just the MC library and playlists.

JMHO, Jay.

Listening to: 'Homeward Through the Haze' from 'Wind on
the Water' by 'Crosby & Nash', 'Bad Reputation' from 'Last
Days Of The Century' by 'Al Stewart', 'Must Get Out'
from 'Songs About Jane' by 'Maroon 5', & 'The Epic'
from 'American Garage' by 'Pat Metheny' on Media Center 12....
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up