INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod sync problem  (Read 1225 times)

Ron2b4

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
iPod sync problem
« on: August 31, 2006, 09:17:05 pm »

I just spent about an hour going through my wife iPod using MC 11.1 to remove duplicates that had somehow got on it. When that was done, I added about 40-50 new songs. I notice at the time that some some I had asked to be downloaded to the iPod were in the queue, but I shrugged my shoulders and deleted them. Then I left for an hour so as not to disturb MC as it went about its tasks.

When I returned, MC was not only downloading songs I hadn't asked it to, it had restored all the songs I had painstakenly removed.  This is serious. I may think Parliament Funkadelic's "Maggot" song has some great guitar work, but my wife's a Joni Mitchell fan. I've got some fast explaining to do, and I don't thave the slightest idea what to tell her, much less how to correct it if MC keeps ignoring what I tell it to do.

Anyone have a clue?  Ron

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPod problem
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 09:19:54 pm »

Please check how you have your sync set.  Generally, computers have a strange way of doing exactly what you tell them to do.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: iPod problem
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 09:21:06 pm »

You can transfer to an iPod two ways:

1) manual mode -- drag and drop what you want; Media Center will not do anything smart
2) sync mode -- setup some playlists and smartlists; Media Center will keep the synced with your iPod

If you're using mode #2, double-check what's in the sync lists.

Finally, make sure iTunes isn't doing silly stuff in the background.  By default, iTunes installs two services that run all the time on your computer that can cause problems.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up