INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.65  (Read 2260 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.65
« on: August 30, 2006, 05:57:23 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120065.exe

12.0.65 (8/30/06)

1. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could hang with some file types. (introduced in build 64)
2. Fixed: When clicking between different lists that were visible without changing selection, the Tag window wouldn't update for the correct list.
3. NEW: When double-clicking a thumbnail that shows files below, double-clicking again will hide the files.
4. Changed: Thumbnail stacks rebuild at a higher quality when enlarging thumnails. (used to happen only after reentering view)
5. Changed: Thumbnails stacks look better at large sizes.
6. Fixed: Should correctly execute a /playreplace from the command line when the player isn't running.
7. Changed: Added ASX playlist formats to options for drive-based handhelds.
8. Fixed: Deleting drive-based device playlist from tree not working unless the playlist was at the root.

12.0.64 (8/29/06)

1. Changed: The YADB CD lookup is using the new improved database.
2. Optimized: Several significant speedups to auto-complete combo boxes.
3. Changed: Auto-complete combo boxes cap at 100,000 items instead of 2,000 items.
4. Changed: Thumbnail text only animates for thumbnails for a group of files. (not individual images or songs)
5. Fixed: Cameras (and camera memory) were appearing as portable media players.
6. Fixed: Drive based portable media players were appearing as cameras in the acquire images list.
7. Fixed: Conversions of currently playing files to the same file name (with remove old) would fail.
8. Changed: Displaying ratings in the player window is optional.
9. Changed: Revised thumbnail system to improve performance and provide higher quality thumbs at large thumb sizes. (thumbs will be rebuilt)
10. Fixed: Thumbnails of smallish images or album covers could look over-sharpened.
11. Changed: Thumbnail creation uses bicubic resizing for higher quality thumbs.

12.0.62 (8/28/06)

1. Changed: The files below a grouping like genres or artists have a drop menu to change the list style, etc.
2. Changed: The right-click menu for a view header is the same as the drop menu of the title.
3. Changed: When leaving a view with multiple thumbnailing threads still working, the program won't wait nearly as long before stopping the thumbnailing threads.
4. Fixed: Thumbnails were not being cached locally for Library Server clients.
5. Fixed: Some library server actions (like thumbnailing) could be very slow.
6. Optimized: Reduced the latency when scrolling large lists.
7. Optimized: Removed some debug code from the thumbnail loading system.
8. Optimized: Improved performance of thumbnail views that show text with the thumbnail.
9. Fixed: Auto-show menus could appear even while using a right-click menu.

12.0.61 (8/25/06)

1. Changed: Removed counts from pane listings.
2. Changed: Revised how library view navigation works so that it has only one control point.
3. Changed: Merged title of views and "Options" button in all views into the same item.
4. Optimized: Some skinned controls draw faster.
5. Changed: Added "Columns" to the view settings menu.
6. Changed: "Customize Current View..." replaced by "View Settings" menu in main view menu and right-click on file lists.
7. Changed: Right-clicking the column headers of a list shows only the "View Settings" menu instead of the entire menu.
8. NEW: Added ratings to the player window.
9. Fixed: Switching into fullscreen with MC maximized, and then hitting the "restore" button to go to windowed display view didn't work properly.

12.0.60 (8/24/06)

1. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing.
2. Fixed: When manually expanding a tree item, the tree and action window wouldn't properly negotiate for space.
3. Fixed: The auto-expand / auto-collapse tree option was not being honored.
4. Changed: Removed the "show tooltips" option for the tree.
5. Changed: Switching to Mini View or Theater View while MC was minimized could cause strange results.
6. Fixed: In some cases, switching to a view scheme could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Changing the rotation field for an image causes the thumnbnail to be rebuilt.
8. Fixed: When using fast image rotation (what thumbnails use), some rotation angles were not being properly supported.
9. Fixed: Image tag window wasn't applying image rotation.
10. Changed: The empty text like "no search results" or "no files -- double-click here to play entire library", etc. now get drawn in thumbnail-style lists as well.
11. Changed: When viewing an empty library view, it'll say "searching for files" (instead of double-click to search for files) if an import is running.
12. Changed: Right-click on a view scheme has the "Add Folder To Library" option.
13. Changed: More error checking in video player seek operation.
14. Changed: Bumped the core database version so Library Server understands the difference between an v11.1 and v12.0 library.
15. Changed: Dialogs thrown from input plugins during playback are now skinned and translated.
16. Fixed: Starting Media Center in last exit view mode could cause it to be in a confused state where all menus and functionality didn't work as expected.
17. Changed: With last exit view mode selected, the splash screen would not show. (the splash still doesn't show when going straight to display or theater view by design)
18. Fixed: Album thumbnail tooltips were not appearing.
19. NEW: Added file count next to groupings in the panes. (experimental -- may not remain)
20. Changed: Tag action window allows calculated fields to be shown.
21. Changed: Reworked how fields are grouped in the tag window menu.
22. Changed: Each stack view inside a view scheme shares thumbnail sizing and sorting.

12.0.59 (8/22/06)

1. NEW: Added YADB cover art lookup / submission. (please submit any albums you have good covers for)
2. Changed: Merged settings for auto-expand / auto-collapsing of the tree into one setting in Options > Tree & View.
3. Changed: List-type fields in the Action Window will use one line for their list of values if the list is short enough.
4. Fixed: Multimedia keys were not being handled as well as in MC 11.1 in some cases.
5. Changed: Right clicking anywhere on the top border of the program will show the "Customize Toolbar" menu. (instead of just on the file menu)
6. Changed: Right-click drag now supported by the navigation tree.
7. NEW: By default, thumbnail views determine the best aspect ratio by sampling the thumbnails. (moving the thumbnail size slider automatically puts the list in auto-aspect ratio mode)
8. Fixed: Resizing thumbnails could produce a dead area at the top of the list in some cases.
9. Fixed: In some cases, right-click menus in the tree would fail to work properly.
10. Changed: Reworked the auto-collapse / auto-expand logic in the tree. (any auto-expanded item gets collapsed when changing selection)
11. Fixed: Tree > right-click > "Add Device..." was not working.
12. NEW: Importing of iTunes playlists (as saved as txt or xml) added.
13. Changed: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks ferent!)
14. Changed: Updated the French translation. (thanks laurentxp!)

12.0.58 (8/19/06)

1. Changed: Switched audio analysis dialog back to only counting files that need analysis in the "xx / xx completed" text.
2. Fixed: Minimizing to the system tray wasn't hiding the regular task bar button.
3. Fixed: OS-level eject of iPods and drive-style handhelds was not working properly.
4. Changed: Thumbnailer will stop trying to thumbnail a file after it fails to thumbnail three times.
5. Changed: Improved handling (and performance) of thumbnailing system when dealing with files that don't have a thumbnail. (like audio with no art)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.65
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 06:46:56 pm »

Screen refresh bug.....

Select an album.  Click on "show files"
Highlight all tracks.
In the tag editing window....
edit keyword field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.
edit people field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.

DO NOT TOUCH MOUSE FOR A MINUTE.
Note that the keyword and people fields have not yet updated in the file details on the right.

I've waited several minutes without an update of the screen.
Pass your mouse over the highlighted songs and finally you'll see the fields update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen refresh bug.....

Viewscheme thumbnail text not refreshing after edit.

I have a viewscheme which is displaying thumbnails of albums.
Below each thumbnail is the album title.

I highlight an album and click on TAG in the action window.
I edit a mis-spelled album title and press enter.

The album tag in the file view at the bottom updated immediately, but the thumbnail text still shows the old value.

Moving the mouse over the thumbnail area, clicking on it, clicking elsewhere....nothing refreshes it until I change to a

different viewscheme and switch back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get coverart from internet grabs focus and won't let me do anything else in MC while it's running.
I'd like to be able to slide the "downloading images" window out of the way and let it run in the background.

Cancel button can't be clicked due to the hourglass.  Have to end-task MC if I want to abort.

Needs to be threaded.

Initialize Ipod grabs focus and won't let me do anything else in MC while it's running.
I'd like to be able to slide the window out of the way and let it run in the background.

Needs to be threaded.

Action Window won't display transfer status window of two ipods simultaneously.

Trasfers worked correctly for both devices but there's a display issue:
Docked both devices.
Started sync on ipod.
Percentage complete window displays properly just above the action window.
Started sync on nano.
The status window for the ipod disappeared even though it was only at 20% and was replaced by nano's status window.

If I click on each under the drive and devices tree, I can see that they are still both transferring files.
Should be able to display both status bars.

Drop-down menus display behind g-force visualization and can't be clicked on.

Switching from g-force visualization to any other viz crashes MC.

Tools>Options>Handheld
Option is set to Auto-eject On Close

Exiting MC does not eject ipods from windows.  Have to use Safely Remove Hardware in windows.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 08:33:18 pm »

Converting from m4a to mp3 causes major distortion.

Has been happening in all builds of v.12
Finally got good samples to offer.

Original M4A
Distorted MP3

Tools>Options>Encoding>Encoding for File Conversion
Encoder = MP3 Encoder
Advanced:   Target Quality=Extreme or High

modelmaker

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 12:16:12 am »

szsix said:

Switching from g-force visualization to any other viz crashes MC.

I can confirm this.

MC12.0.65 froze 3 times while rebuilding thumbnails, finally completing 44k thumbs in 4hrs 33mins.

Btw, I just noticed that the "micro" thumbnail seems to be stickin' to the first column and not roaming anymore, thanks! :)

I have have had several different odd behaviours since build .64.  After installing it I lost thumbnail in the tool tips in MC 11 ? I've rebuilt thumbnail in both MC 11 & 12. Thumbnails all ok in MC12 but still no thumbnails in the tooltips in MC11.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 07:49:05 am »

Missing editable fields from tag window:
Album Gain (clear)
BPM
File Type
Intensity
Last Played (clear)
Number Plays (clear)
Peak Level (clear)
Replay Gain (clear)

Missing read-only fields from tag window: ?
Bit Depth
Channels
Service: Name
Text
Jeff

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 02:16:07 pm »

--------
menus with transparency pop up behind the gforce display
--------
auto rip is not working.
Insert another cd for ripping, nothing happens.
In the action window, click "click here to restart ripping" always returns the following dialogue:

clicking retry always respawns the dialogue. Clicking cancel, and then clicking on "click here to restart ripping" again, restarts ripping.
(this one, and the [disc #] bug below are a pain to keep testing, so, I'll leave these in until I see a related change in the changelog)
--------
[disc #] field is being auto-filled:
When ripping a cd that already exists in the cd\dvd database, MC is automatically tagging [disc #]==1. This is also being written to the cd\dvd database.
--------
update tags from library
This could use a little attention...
For me, MC becomes totally unresponsive, no screen refresh, nothing.
in this screenie, the only active element is the progress meter, any other window that opens, then closes, leaves it's image behind.

--------
Shutdown can often take quite some time. This would seem to be affected by how long MC has been open.
"3566828: General: CMCShutdownHelper::Cleanup: Finish (20969 ms)" is not uncommon to see.
This leads to much HDD grinding long after the GUI has gone, and means that if closing, then relaunching MC, the relaunch doesn't happen because the previous process is still running.
I often see this when installing a new build. Close MC and double click on the installer. Installer reports that MC is still running and offers to close it for me.
Recently, this seems to have pegged at around 10 seconds. Is that more 'normal'? Still seems a tad long to me.
--------
Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared.
--------
After working inside the tag window, then moving the mouse over the file list, the scroll wheel will not work untill the list is clicked on, or scrolled manually via the scroll bar.
select a file, open the people tag in the AW. Set a tag and close [people], returning the AW to the main tag window. now move the mouse over the file list and use the scroll wheel. Nothing happens.
--------
The cursor image is not being updated whilest inside the 'Tag' Window
--------
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
--------
How do we reset a file's playcount figure? [number plays] does not appear in the tag list.
--------
slideshow playback
captions precede their images by a second or two. (Discuss?)
Could we please try this suggested solution?
--------
expression based fields
Is this expected behaviour?
It has become markedly slower since build 47.
Clicking to tag six people is taking around 14 seconds from last click, to tick. The VS I'm testing this in has 12 panes, the expression based pane being the first.
--------
thumbnails
Place the cursor on the bottom toolbar. If there is thumbnail text just out of view, ie, behind the toolbar, the thumbnail fades out to reveal its play tag stuff.
--------
extended desktop
The TV is the secondary display device, and in the display setup, it's configured to the right of the monitor. MC's tooltips do not detect the right edge of the monitors' display area and instead, display out of view in the extended desktop area.

The context menus know where the edge is, and display to the left if there's not enough room to the right. Hopefully tooltips can be given the same 'awareness'.

both images taken from the extreme right edge of the screen.
--------
display view/taskbar issue
Note: My taskbar is along the bottom of the screen, double height..

Display view opens behind the taskbar. It requires a click on the taskbar, then a click on the disply, to bring the display to the front of the taskbar.
I thought this was fixed, but it's not. Try it with some music playing too.
--------
Display View:
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split.
--------
list-type and standard type panes behave very differently when in tagging mode. this is at best, counter-intuitive, and at worst, plain confusing. (Discuss?)
--------
After loading a viewscheme, the panes will often re-adjust themselves width-ways, usually after a track change, or after a click or two when in tagging mode. I've lost count of the times I've lined up a click to tag, only to have the pane move away from under the mouse.
--------
Wishes
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Could we get a "loop slideshow" option in the image playback settings? If that's possible, could we also have access to the setting when right-click on a slideshow display? This would help greatly with image playcounts being messed up when absent-mindedly left playing in the display window.
  • When using a panes view to tag images, the fade-in play | tag options and the rotating statistics beneath thumbnails seem a little redundant. Could they be turned off in this scenario? (Discuss?)
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 07:38:51 pm »

From Display view (which I am really liking as my main playing view), File - Exit menu choice does not exit, it takes you back to the main view.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 08:57:23 pm »

From Display view (which I am really liking as my main playing view), File - Exit menu choice does not exit, it takes you back to the main view.

This is by design.  Any close command when in a special UI mode will first return to the main UI mode.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 09:54:41 am »

This is by design.  Any close command when in a special UI mode will first return to the main UI mode.

Okay -- I remember you saying that about the "X" (not having a close icon).

I have never, ever seen a program where File - Exit does something other than Exit, so I would recommend that you remove File Exit, since you are saying it is not possible to exit from there, or rename the command to File - Return To Main View.  (actually, it should match the button... is it "Close View"?).   I frequently use Alt-F-X to exit things.

In my personal opinion, if I want to exit the program I should be allowed to Exit from where ever I am.  Programs should avoid having "modes" and making users consider that they are in a special UI "mode".  So please reconsider this design choice. 

Thanks!

dcwebman

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 12:26:16 pm »

I have never, ever seen a program where File - Exit does something other than Exit, so I would recommend that you remove File Exit, since you are saying it is not possible to exit from there, or rename the command to File - Return To Main View.  (actually, it should match the button... is it "Close View"?).   I frequently use Alt-F-X to exit things.
I have to agree with this one. File - Exit is the Windows standard to close a program and especially the Alt+F4 hotkey combination.  Close or Ctrl+F4 would be the correct ones to use to get out of Display view.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up