INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.66  (Read 3243 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.66
« on: September 01, 2006, 03:31:54 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120066.exe

History

12.0.66 (9/1/06)

1. NEW: Middle mouse button smooth scrolling is supported in file lists and the left navigation pane.
2. NEW: "Build Missing Thumbnails..." works in a background thread instead of blocking the program.
3. Optimized: Thumbnail stacks get cached during scrolling so they aren't rebuilt as often.
4. Changed: Stack views do a nicer job of filling in their stacks as thumbnails are being built.
5. Changed: Thumbnails of single files no longer draw larger than the original image.
6. Fixed: Closing the program while an email of files was being sent by Media Center could cause an error.
7. Fixed: Problems identifying iPods connected via firewire.
8. Changed: Clicking 'Rip CD' (or 'Rip Tracks') will open the ripping action window, if the ripping action window is already open the rip will start.

12.0.65 (8/30/06)

1. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could hang with some file types. (introduced in build 64)
2. Fixed: When clicking between different lists that were visible without changing selection, the Tag window wouldn't update for the correct list.
3. NEW: When double-clicking a thumbnail that shows files below, double-clicking again will hide the files.
4. Changed: Thumbnail stacks rebuild at a higher quality when enlarging thumnails. (used to happen only after reentering view)
5. Changed: Thumbnails stacks look better at large sizes.
6. Fixed: Should correctly execute a /playreplace from the command line when the player isn't running.
7. Changed: Added ASX playlist formats to options for drive-based handhelds.
8. Fixed: Deleting drive-based device playlist from tree not working unless the playlist was at the root.

12.0.64 (8/29/06)

1. Changed: The YADB CD lookup is using the new improved database.
2. Optimized: Several significant speedups to auto-complete combo boxes.
3. Changed: Auto-complete combo boxes cap at 100,000 items instead of 2,000 items.
4. Changed: Thumbnail text only animates for thumbnails for a group of files. (not individual images or songs)
5. Fixed: Cameras (and camera memory) were appearing as portable media players.
6. Fixed: Drive based portable media players were appearing as cameras in the acquire images list.
7. Fixed: Conversions of currently playing files to the same file name (with remove old) would fail.
8. Changed: Displaying ratings in the player window is optional.
9. Changed: Revised thumbnail system to improve performance and provide higher quality thumbs at large thumb sizes. (thumbs will be rebuilt)
10. Fixed: Thumbnails of smallish images or album covers could look over-sharpened.
11. Changed: Thumbnail creation uses bicubic resizing for higher quality thumbs.

12.0.62 (8/28/06)

1. Changed: The files below a grouping like genres or artists have a drop menu to change the list style, etc.
2. Changed: The right-click menu for a view header is the same as the drop menu of the title.
3. Changed: When leaving a view with multiple thumbnailing threads still working, the program won't wait nearly as long before stopping the thumbnailing threads.
4. Fixed: Thumbnails were not being cached locally for Library Server clients.
5. Fixed: Some library server actions (like thumbnailing) could be very slow.
6. Optimized: Reduced the latency when scrolling large lists.
7. Optimized: Removed some debug code from the thumbnail loading system.
8. Optimized: Improved performance of thumbnail views that show text with the thumbnail.
9. Fixed: Auto-show menus could appear even while using a right-click menu.

12.0.61 (8/25/06)

1. Changed: Removed counts from pane listings.
2. Changed: Revised how library view navigation works so that it has only one control point.
3. Changed: Merged title of views and "Options" button in all views into the same item.
4. Optimized: Some skinned controls draw faster.
5. Changed: Added "Columns" to the view settings menu.
6. Changed: "Customize Current View..." replaced by "View Settings" menu in main view menu and right-click on file lists.
7. Changed: Right-clicking the column headers of a list shows only the "View Settings" menu instead of the entire menu.
8. NEW: Added ratings to the player window.
9. Fixed: Switching into fullscreen with MC maximized, and then hitting the "restore" button to go to windowed display view didn't work properly.

12.0.60 (8/24/06)

1. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing.
2. Fixed: When manually expanding a tree item, the tree and action window wouldn't properly negotiate for space.
3. Fixed: The auto-expand / auto-collapse tree option was not being honored.
4. Changed: Removed the "show tooltips" option for the tree.
5. Changed: Switching to Mini View or Theater View while MC was minimized could cause strange results.
6. Fixed: In some cases, switching to a view scheme could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Changing the rotation field for an image causes the thumnbnail to be rebuilt.
8. Fixed: When using fast image rotation (what thumbnails use), some rotation angles were not being properly supported.
9. Fixed: Image tag window wasn't applying image rotation.
10. Changed: The empty text like "no search results" or "no files -- double-click here to play entire library", etc. now get drawn in thumbnail-style lists as well.
11. Changed: When viewing an empty library view, it'll say "searching for files" (instead of double-click to search for files) if an import is running.
12. Changed: Right-click on a view scheme has the "Add Folder To Library" option.
13. Changed: More error checking in video player seek operation.
14. Changed: Bumped the core database version so Library Server understands the difference between an v11.1 and v12.0 library.
15. Changed: Dialogs thrown from input plugins during playback are now skinned and translated.
16. Fixed: Starting Media Center in last exit view mode could cause it to be in a confused state where all menus and functionality didn't work as expected.
17. Changed: With last exit view mode selected, the splash screen would not show. (the splash still doesn't show when going straight to display or theater view by design)
18. Fixed: Album thumbnail tooltips were not appearing.
19. NEW: Added file count next to groupings in the panes. (experimental -- may not remain)
20. Changed: Tag action window allows calculated fields to be shown.
21. Changed: Reworked how fields are grouped in the tag window menu.
22. Changed: Each stack view inside a view scheme shares thumbnail sizing and sorting.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.66
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 04:09:22 pm »

7. Fixed: Problems identifying iPods connected via firewire.
8. Changed: Clicking 'Rip CD' (or 'Rip Tracks') will open the ripping action window, if the ripping action window is already open the rip will start.

Thanks for these, which also effected 11.1.195.  I noticed you fixed these with MC11 as well -- thanks for keeping current 11 current while the MC12 developement continues.  (I still use MC11 on one of my machines, so this is still important to me.)

Larry

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:54:29 pm »

Missing editable fields from tag window:
Album Gain (clear)
BPM
File Type
Intensity
Last Played (clear)
Number Plays (clear)
Peak Level (clear)
Replay Gain (clear)

Missing read-only fields from tag window: ?
Bit Depth
Channels
Service: Name
Text
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 05:12:51 pm »

I don't know what's causing it but just moving around in MC and doing various things, I get a freeze for about 10 seconds at a time. I have to wait until it finishes whatever it's doing and then I can start using MC again.
Jeff

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 05:27:07 pm »

CD ripping for me is a sub 50/50 proposition.  I have an internet connection that may at times require a retry, and MC yadb lookup has zero fault-tolerance.  Most of the time what happens is that when MC cannot reach YADB, it decides that there is no info available for that cd, and marks it as permanently unavailable.  NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!  THERE IS SIMPLY NO CONNECTION AVAILABLE CURRENTLY!!!!!

If MC fails to connect to yadb, it should return a dialogue box suggesting a retry.  Instead, you can either rip the CD or not.  If you cancel out, MC STILL MARKS THE CD DATA AS PERMANENTLY UNAVAILABLE.  Try to rip the same CD later, MC remembers the CD as being a leper, and refuses to lookup the info.     

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 05:41:14 pm »

12.0.66 (9/1/06)

1. NEW: Middle mouse button smooth scrolling is supported in file lists and the left navigation pane.
Working fine for me with wireless microsoft mouse scrollwheel and scrollwheel on wireless microsoft keyboard.
2. NEW: "Build Missing Thumbnails..." works in a background thread instead of blocking the program.
Worked well for me as a background task.  I deleted all thumbnails and had it create new thumbnails.
Just as an FYI, it took 27:37 to do mine for ~26000 files.

dcwebman

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 11:50:17 am »

Just as an FYI, it took 27:37 to do mine for ~26000 files.
Just curious, is that on a local drive? It took mine 48 minutes for @14,000 files on a network drive.
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 03:44:40 pm »

In Audible Titles view, changing the sorting only seems to work the first time you load up MC. If you go to change it again, and answer Yes to the saving of the smartlist, the next time you go back, it will be defaulted back to [date imported]-d
Jeff

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 04:19:48 pm »

Attached my Nomad 3 to my laptop through a USB 2.0 card today and was delighted that MC immediately recognized it and seamlessly allowed me to transfer files, delete files, and snyc.  Sweet!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 03:39:13 am »

every now and then, a bug with a bit of novelty factor makes a brief appearance...

Get into a library view with thumbnails, and some blank space between the last thumbnail and the bottom toolbar, and no scrollbar on the right.
Left click & drag to make a selection rectangle, but don't go up to select files, instead, go down, below the bottom toolbar, and see how MC becomes more than a little upset!!! :D

dcwebman

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 04:08:24 pm »

MC 12 seems to be having problems converting m4a files to mp3's using the MP3 Encoder with VBR High encoding. Everytime I try to convert it hangs before any progress has been made. I tried MC 11 and it did convert files okay.
Jeff

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 09:41:21 pm »

Just curious, is that on a local drive? It took mine 48 minutes for @14,000 files on a network drive.

half and half.  audio and images are on local drive.
Movies are on several USB 2.0 external drives.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 03:37:20 pm »

Select A Wav File (one file)
Select Convert
Convert To Wav (It states no conversion needed)

When You Hit Start anyway A Blank Message Box Comes Up
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 04:02:45 pm »

Bug:

I still can't check/uncheck an "unassigned tag" box in tagging mode on my custom tags.  I CAN check the "unassigned tag" box for tags like "Genre," but for my custom iPod tags, clicking on the "unassigned" box does nothing.  The difference "may" be that my custom tags are "list" type tags, where as the tags that DO allow my to select the "unassigned" box are "string" type tags.

Thanks,

Larry

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 04:03:09 pm »

MC 12 seems to be having problems converting m4a files to mp3's using the MP3 Encoder with VBR High encoding. Everytime I try to convert it hangs before any progress has been made. I tried MC 11 and it did convert files okay.

Mine all completed but are extremely distorted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up