INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I take back what I said about Podcast tagging  (Read 735 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
I take back what I said about Podcast tagging
« on: September 02, 2006, 12:31:37 pm »

Looks like MC does properly handle tag overrides on Podcasts after all.  I assumed based on no feedback to my posts in the forum and what I saw happening in MC that there was an issue with this.  I thought I actually tested this a couple of builds ago and it didn't work, but just did a little testing on the current build and was very happy with the results.  It is possible that my previous testing did not actually include downloading files - just don't remember now.

A little explanation of what MC does with Podcast tags since there is no documentation on this:

The default Artist and Album action is to override these with the feed name.
If you change these to [Artist] and [Album] then MC displays <Artist> and <Album> in the tags (for non-downloaded files).
Basically, things don't look right until AFTER you download the file.  This makes perfect sense in hindsigt, since MC doesn't know what the tag will be until after you dl the file.  Once you download the file, the <Artist> and <Album> entries are replaced by the actual artist and album as tagged in the original file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up