INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Mobile: All Files Showing in MC Library...?  (Read 2334 times)

chaznet

• World Citizen
Windows Mobile: All Files Showing in MC Library...?
« on: September 03, 2006, 08:49:09 pm »

Am trying to set up MC to sync with my Windows Mobile Smartphone.  Everything detects fine, but when I select the storage card, everything shows up -- jpg's, exe's, IE cookies, Outlook Notes, etc...  I can't seem to find a way just to have the music show.  I'd like to use the 'true syncing' option where files not in the sync list get deleted, but, as-is I'm relectuant to try and experience all the other file types getting wiped out.  Looked at options, played around with the file-types setting, paths, etc, but I'm still seeing all files.

Can things be set up to just work with music files and not display everything else...?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows Mobile: All Files Showing in MC Library...?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:25:41 pm »

You can use MC to sync with windows mobile 5?
Sweet! This is a plugin of some sort?

The only thing I need then is to replace the friggin Media Player with a good one player for my Qtek S200. Are there anyone at all?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 05:35:59 pm »

chaznet:
backup mr. chaznet, backup!

I use the backuptool by spb softwarehouse. (And most of their other applications as well).

I have the same phone MrHaugen.

Yes you can sync with MC, but Its not always detected by MC when you connect.
A good mediaplayer for Windows mobile is yet to be made (by JRiver?).
The best one is TCPMP (the Winamp of Windows Mobile), should play most formats, it can even be hacked to submit to Last.FM in real-time over gprs.
I love this feature, but I realise most people fail to see the point in doing so ;)

I had a nightmare when I tried the Rc1 of Vista and their new sync-center. Applications would not install from the computer, and MC did not detect my Phone at all. WMP11 did, but it crashed every 3 minutes. ;)

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 01:16:58 am »

Hmmm...  syncing music with my SDA shouldn't create concerns regarding whether my device is backed up -- think I'll stick with WMP for music sync...

chaznet:
backup mr. chaznet, backup!

I use the backuptool by spb softwarehouse. (And most of their other applications as well).

I have the same phone MrHaugen.

Yes you can sync with MC, but Its not always detected by MC when you connect.
A good mediaplayer for Windows mobile is yet to be made (by JRiver?).
The best one is TCPMP (the Winamp of Windows Mobile), should play most formats, it can even be hacked to submit to Last.FM in real-time over gprs.
I love this feature, but I realise most people fail to see the point in doing so ;)

I had a nightmare when I tried the Rc1 of Vista and their new sync-center. Applications would not install from the computer, and MC did not detect my Phone at all. WMP11 did, but it crashed every 3 minutes. ;)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 03:58:51 am »

I presume you're syncing via ActiveSync then?

I just stick the SD card in my PC's card reader to do the sync, and that lets you specify the path on the card for it to use, which then means it only sees files in the 'music' folder on the card. I don't know if you can do that if you're syncing via ActiveSync - I presume you can't.

It must be a lot faster to just put the card in a card reader, isn't it? I can understand why you might not want to do that:

- you've got more than just the music that you want to sync
- you might not have a card reader!

My favourite music player on Windows Mobile, by the way, is MortPlayer. It doesn't do video like TCPMP does, but I don't need that myself.

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 04:52:34 am »

With my smartphone, the memory card is located under the battery.  While I do have a PCMCIA reader, it's not the most convenient way to sync tunes.  The beta of the new WMP works quite well for syncing music over though as it's built in to the software, and much better (for Windows Mobile devices at least) at it than MC.  Thanks though!

I presume you're syncing via ActiveSync then?

I just stick the SD card in my PC's card reader to do the sync, and that lets you specify the path on the card for it to use, which then means it only sees files in the 'music' folder on the card. I don't know if you can do that if you're syncing via ActiveSync - I presume you can't.

It must be a lot faster to just put the card in a card reader, isn't it? I can understand why you might not want to do that:

- you've got more than just the music that you want to sync
- you might not have a card reader!

My favourite music player on Windows Mobile, by the way, is MortPlayer. It doesn't do video like TCPMP does, but I don't need that myself.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 09:10:01 am »

I sync with MC.

The problem is that you often have to restart MC to connect with the device. And MC can't read tags from files thats already on the device. And only by using WMP sync can you get WMP mobile to see the cover art.

So I really hope this improves in MC12:

*MC needs to discover device when you connect, not restart MC every time. So you can just plug'n'sync.

*MC needs to read tags on device.

*WMP mobile writes playcounts to its database, it would be very nice if MC could sync playcounts and add coverart to this db. WMP does this.

But what Im really hoping for is a MC mobile that can play of a Library server as well...

chaznet:

Im only saying that a backup of your pda is a very easy and smart thing to do. I have never had any problems with syncing to MC. It should only change files in specified folders.

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 02:46:44 pm »

You must be a very patient person  ;)

Your advice to backup was in response to my initial question, now you explain that response as just some random advice -- is your last name Bush  ;D

I can see someone who has vested their entire media library into MC would also want to use it to sync to their device(s).  My listening is more casual, I'm fortunate to not have the limitation of trying to get MC to sync.
Pages: [1]   Go Up