INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.67  (Read 4996 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.67
« on: September 05, 2006, 05:16:58 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120067.exe

History

12.0.67 (9/5/06)

1. Changed: Canon RAW (and other RAW) images loaded at full resolution by default. (instead of half-resolution)
2. Changed: Thumbnailing of RAW images faster in some cases.
3. Fixed: "Acquire Images" Action Window was crowded on its bottom edge.
4. Changed: The "Display" Action Window won't minimize other Action Windows when being shown.
5. Fixed: Closing MC while it was tagging could cause a dead-lock.
6. Fixed: Deleting a playing image could cause a dead-lock.
7. Changed: When viewing a playlist, the "Seq" column shows that it's the current sort order.
8. Changed: Playlist views support user sorting (and remember the sorting). (pick "Default" from the sort menu to revert to sequence sorting)
9. Changed: Album art upload and download works better with international characters.
10. Changed: Submitting art to the internet only uploads files where a better copy doesn't already exist. (making it much faster)
11. NEW: After submitting art to the internet, a summary is shown to reflect how many images were added, alredy in the database, etc.

12.0.66 (9/1/06)

1. NEW: Middle mouse button smooth scrolling is supported in file lists and the left navigation pane.
2. NEW: "Build Missing Thumbnails..." works in a background thread instead of blocking the program.
3. Optimized: Thumbnail stacks get cached during scrolling so they aren't rebuilt as often.
4. Changed: Stack views do a nicer job of filling in their stacks as thumbnails are being built.
5. Changed: Thumbnails of single files no longer draw larger than the original image.
6. Fixed: Closing the program while an email of files was being sent by Media Center could cause an error.
7. Fixed: Problems identifying iPods connected via firewire.
8. Changed: Clicking 'Rip CD' (or 'Rip Tracks') will open the ripping action window, if the ripping action window is already open the rip will start.

12.0.65 (8/30/06)

1. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could hang with some file types. (introduced in build 64)
2. Fixed: When clicking between different lists that were visible without changing selection, the Tag window wouldn't update for the correct list.
3. NEW: When double-clicking a thumbnail that shows files below, double-clicking again will hide the files.
4. Changed: Thumbnail stacks rebuild at a higher quality when enlarging thumnails. (used to happen only after reentering view)
5. Changed: Thumbnails stacks look better at large sizes.
6. Fixed: Should correctly execute a /playreplace from the command line when the player isn't running.
7. Changed: Added ASX playlist formats to options for drive-based handhelds.
8. Fixed: Deleting drive-based device playlist from tree not working unless the playlist was at the root.

12.0.64 (8/29/06)

1. Changed: The YADB CD lookup is using the new improved database.
2. Optimized: Several significant speedups to auto-complete combo boxes.
3. Changed: Auto-complete combo boxes cap at 100,000 items instead of 2,000 items.
4. Changed: Thumbnail text only animates for thumbnails for a group of files. (not individual images or songs)
5. Fixed: Cameras (and camera memory) were appearing as portable media players.
6. Fixed: Drive based portable media players were appearing as cameras in the acquire images list.
7. Fixed: Conversions of currently playing files to the same file name (with remove old) would fail.
8. Changed: Displaying ratings in the player window is optional.
9. Changed: Revised thumbnail system to improve performance and provide higher quality thumbs at large thumb sizes. (thumbs will be rebuilt)
10. Fixed: Thumbnails of smallish images or album covers could look over-sharpened.
11. Changed: Thumbnail creation uses bicubic resizing for higher quality thumbs.

12.0.62 (8/28/06)

1. Changed: The files below a grouping like genres or artists have a drop menu to change the list style, etc.
2. Changed: The right-click menu for a view header is the same as the drop menu of the title.
3. Changed: When leaving a view with multiple thumbnailing threads still working, the program won't wait nearly as long before stopping the thumbnailing threads.
4. Fixed: Thumbnails were not being cached locally for Library Server clients.
5. Fixed: Some library server actions (like thumbnailing) could be very slow.
6. Optimized: Reduced the latency when scrolling large lists.
7. Optimized: Removed some debug code from the thumbnail loading system.
8. Optimized: Improved performance of thumbnail views that show text with the thumbnail.
9. Fixed: Auto-show menus could appear even while using a right-click menu.

12.0.61 (8/25/06)

1. Changed: Removed counts from pane listings.
2. Changed: Revised how library view navigation works so that it has only one control point.
3. Changed: Merged title of views and "Options" button in all views into the same item.
4. Optimized: Some skinned controls draw faster.
5. Changed: Added "Columns" to the view settings menu.
6. Changed: "Customize Current View..." replaced by "View Settings" menu in main view menu and right-click on file lists.
7. Changed: Right-clicking the column headers of a list shows only the "View Settings" menu instead of the entire menu.
8. NEW: Added ratings to the player window.
9. Fixed: Switching into fullscreen with MC maximized, and then hitting the "restore" button to go to windowed display view didn't work properly.

12.0.60 (8/24/06)

1. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing.
2. Fixed: When manually expanding a tree item, the tree and action window wouldn't properly negotiate for space.
3. Fixed: The auto-expand / auto-collapse tree option was not being honored.
4. Changed: Removed the "show tooltips" option for the tree.
5. Changed: Switching to Mini View or Theater View while MC was minimized could cause strange results.
6. Fixed: In some cases, switching to a view scheme could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Changing the rotation field for an image causes the thumnbnail to be rebuilt.
8. Fixed: When using fast image rotation (what thumbnails use), some rotation angles were not being properly supported.
9. Fixed: Image tag window wasn't applying image rotation.
10. Changed: The empty text like "no search results" or "no files -- double-click here to play entire library", etc. now get drawn in thumbnail-style lists as well.
11. Changed: When viewing an empty library view, it'll say "searching for files" (instead of double-click to search for files) if an import is running.
12. Changed: Right-click on a view scheme has the "Add Folder To Library" option.
13. Changed: More error checking in video player seek operation.
14. Changed: Bumped the core database version so Library Server understands the difference between an v11.1 and v12.0 library.
15. Changed: Dialogs thrown from input plugins during playback are now skinned and translated.
16. Fixed: Starting Media Center in last exit view mode could cause it to be in a confused state where all menus and functionality didn't work as expected.
17. Changed: With last exit view mode selected, the splash screen would not show. (the splash still doesn't show when going straight to display or theater view by design)
18. Fixed: Album thumbnail tooltips were not appearing.
19. NEW: Added file count next to groupings in the panes. (experimental -- may not remain)
20. Changed: Tag action window allows calculated fields to be shown.
21. Changed: Reworked how fields are grouped in the tag window menu.
22. Changed: Each stack view inside a view scheme shares thumbnail sizing and sorting.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.67
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 08:32:06 pm »

12.0.67 (9/5/06)
11. NEW: After submitting art to the internet, a summary is shown to reflect how many images were added, alredy in the database, etc.

Looks good.

Confirmed as still outstanding:

Screen refresh bug.....

Select an album.  Click on "show files"
Highlight all tracks.
In the tag editing window....
edit keyword field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.
edit people field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.

DO NOT TOUCH MOUSE FOR A MINUTE.
Note that the keyword and people fields have not yet updated in the file details on the right.

I've waited several minutes without an update of the screen.
Pass your mouse over the highlighted songs and finally you'll see the fields update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen refresh bug.....

Viewscheme thumbnail text not refreshing after edit.

I have a viewscheme which is displaying thumbnails of albums.
Below each thumbnail is the album title.

I highlight an album and click on TAG in the action window.
I edit a mis-spelled album title and press enter.

The album tag in the file view at the bottom updated immediately, but the thumbnail text still shows the old value.

Moving the mouse over the thumbnail area, clicking on it, clicking elsewhere....nothing refreshes it until I change to a different viewscheme and switch back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submit to and Get coverart from internet grabs focus and won't let me do anything else in MC while it's running.
I'd like to be able to slide the "downloading images" window out of the way and let it run in the background.

Cancel button can't be clicked due to the hourglass.  Needs to be threaded.

Initialize Ipod grabs focus and won't let me do anything else in MC while it's running.
I'd like to be able to slide the window out of the way and let it run in the background.

Needs to be threaded.

Drop-down menus display behind g-force visualization and can't be clicked on.

Switching from g-force visualization to any other viz crashes MC.

Action Window won't display transfer status window of two ipods simultaneously.

Trasfers worked correctly for both devices but there's a display issue:
Docked both devices.
Started sync on ipod.
Percentage complete window displays properly just above the action window.
Started sync on nano.
The status window for the ipod disappeared even though it was only at 20% and was replaced by nano's status window.

If I click on each under the drive and devices tree, I can see that they are still both transferring files.
Should be able to display both status bars.

Tools>Options>Handheld
Option is set to Auto-eject On Close

Exiting MC does not eject ipods from windows.  Have to use Safely Remove Hardware in windows.

Converting from m4a to mp3 causes major distortion.

Has been happening in all builds of v.12
Finally got good samples to offer.

Original M4A
Distorted MP3

Tools>Options>Encoding>Encoding for File Conversion
Encoder = MP3 Encoder
Advanced:   Target Quality=Extreme or High

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 12:09:26 am »

Request: 

rightclick > view settings > sort >  XXXXX
Please add [Track #] as one of the sort choices.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 01:16:43 am »

Bug:

Try right clicking in the library view header to bring up the main menu then close that and attempt to hover over or even click on the viewable main menu on the right. 

You can't open it until you hit refresh.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 06:27:40 am »

When adding image tags at the same time as MC playing I am still regularly getting crashes.  This is not tagging the file that is playing either.  This is tagging other files while a CD was playing.  I love the direction MC 12 is heading but it is still very unstable for me.  I don't think stability wise it is quit ready for primetime yet.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 07:39:59 am »

MC12 really is very unstable on my system and I have no idea why.  Was just playing a track, entered a search in the search box pressed delete and MC crashed...  Will ry and send sys info and error log.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 08:21:19 am »

Bug:

Cover art for video is buggy. Video cover art is named according to [artist] - [album] rule. If you don't tag the artist and album fields, then you get names such as: - 06.09.06.jpg.

If you have more than one cover art file following those rules, each one overwrites the previous one.

It would be better to name video cover art according to the name field.

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 01:15:41 pm »

Missing editable fields from tag window:
Album Gain (clear)
BPM
File Type
Intensity
Last Played (clear)
Number Plays (clear)
Peak Level (clear)
Replay Gain (clear)

Missing read-only fields from tag window: ?
Bit Depth
Channels
Service: Name
Text
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 01:17:14 pm »

In Audible Titles view, changing the sorting only seems to work the first time you load up MC. If you go to change it again, and answer Yes to the saving of the smartlist, the next time you go back, it will be defaulted back to [date imported]-d
Jeff

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 12:16:49 am »

At home:

Started MC, (all thumbnails gone. due to changes in a recent build I guess), tried to go to my image viewscheme, but MC was frozen.
Killed MC and tried again. Same thing.
Tried again. Third time lucky. MC was responsive.
Went to my video viewscheme, and left the computer alone while i slept. Woke up to find MC had crashed.

At work:
Starting from no thumbnails again.
Went to my video viewscheme (in my "work" library), which only contains DV .movs and .avis, and left MC to thumbnail while I went to lunch. Came back and MC had crashed with a big "Runtime error" window showing.

I have found with past versions of MC that when you finally get to a stage where all the thumbnails have been built, things generally run much more smoothly. Those thumbnails sure are pretty, but it's going to leave a really bad impression on new users if the program keeps crashing on their first install.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 07:05:27 am »

I'm still seeing this issue, which effects my custom tags when in tagging mode:

I can't check/uncheck an "unassigned tag" box in tagging mode on my custom tags.  I CAN check the "unassigned tag" box for tags like "Genre," but for my custom iPod tags, clicking on the "unassigned" box does nothing.  The difference "may" be that my custom tags are "list" type tags, whereas the tags that DO allow me to select the "unassigned" box are "string" type tags.

The bottom line is that something is amiss with either "custom" tags or "list" type tags when it comes to editing them in Tagging Mode.

Thanks,

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 12:43:15 pm »

zxsix,
Your problem was split to a new thread.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 04:52:06 pm »

Since reinstalling MC today, I no longer have access to the People field in the tag window when viewing an audio viewscheme.  The field becomes available again if an image is displayed in the viewscheme in addition to the audio files.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 06:03:41 am »

Major Bug

"Move File"

E:\OTR-Files\L\Little Theater of the Air (Hermit's Cave)\1950-12-18 (0064) - Candy Matson, Yukon 28209 - San Juan Batista.mp3

To Folder:

E:\OTR-Files\C\Candy Matson, Yukon 28209\

MC Tells Me A File Of The Same Name Is In The Folder, And Do I Want To Overwrite

I Said No:

MC Then Asked Me If I Want To Delete The Folder

Not Sure Why Since There Is About 30 Other Files In This Folder

I Said Yes

MC Did Not Delete The Folder (Good Thing)

MC Has Now Two Links In The MC File Listing With The Same Path

File 1: 32kbps

E:\OTR-Files\C\Candy Matson, Yukon 28209\1950-12-18 (0064) - Candy Matson, Yukon 28209 - San Juan Batista.mp3

File 2: 18kbps
E:\OTR-Files\C\Candy Matson, Yukon 28209\1950-12-18 (0064) - Candy Matson, Yukon 28209 - San Juan Batista.mp3

The Orginal File:

E:\OTR-Files\L\Little Theater of the Air (Hermit's Cave)\1950-12-18 (0064) - Candy Matson, Yukon 28209 - San Juan Batista.mp3

Was Missing From The List, But When AutoImport Ran the File Came Back in The Listing.

MC Should Not Have Asked Me To Delete The Folder, And Should Not Have Added A File To The Listing With The Same Folder Path. Or Temp Removed the File To Move From The Listing.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up