INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Collect, Organize and Play  (Read 1076 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Collect, Organize and Play
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:58:51 am »

I really like this splash screen during the installation of MC. It's exactly why I use MC and those three things the core of the program for me. I thought I'd rip out a relevant part of one of my previous posts, to show how I think you could really make those three parts stand out and be easy for anyone to use.

Here is how I would organise the action window:

Ripping and burning would be accessable from the first button.

Handhelds, Scanners, and cameras (plus maybe TV) would all be in the second.

Auto import, Get cover art, "Organise files" (the current "rename files from properties"), and "Get song info" would be in the "Library management" button. Essentially, the same as the "library tools" part of the menu, but just the key parts of it, and in a nice "on the interface" rather than "in a a menu" styling.
I would really like to see a some work on the "rename files from properties" window. Now it is good, and possible to do everything you need, but it'd be even better if there were some kind of memory of locations, so that we could quickly flick between those we use for audio, those for images, and those for video.
Even more powerful would be to have a window that is split into three tabs (one for each media type you use, each remembering how you set it last time), so that you could just select the one you need for the currently selected files.

Playlists and and playing now would be in "Playlist management".
And finally "Tag" gets a button all to itself.

I really believe that these changes would make a world of difference for new users who dont know where to start. Your top level action window would effectively cover all the three bases of the subject of this post. And the inner level action window pages would provide "features" of the program, that are currently spread out in the "options" and in menus.

Bri

Pages: [1]   Go Up