INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.68  (Read 6439 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.68
« on: September 08, 2006, 07:48:38 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120068.exe

History

12.0.68 (9/8/06)

1. NEW: Theater View built on top of Direct3D 9. (experimental)
2. Changed: Renamed "Other Tags" to "More Tags" in Tag Action Window.
3. Changed: Removed the "Tag: " header from the title text of Tag Action Window pages when zoomed into a field.
4. Changed: "Add New Tag" button is at the bottom of a check list instead of the top in the Tag Action Window.
5. Changed: Tags get broken into columns in the Tag Action Window so all values are left aligned.
6. Changed: Mini View "Slim" skin shows a close button instead of a maximize button. (it exits to Standard View)
7. Fixed: Some Tag window tag changes did not properly support undo. (ctrl+z)
8. Changed: Tag window updates nicer while scrolling.
9. Fixed: Invalid translation entries for strings with formatting (like %s, %d, etc.) could cause a crash.
10. NEW: Theater View uses image stacks instead of 2x2 grids when showing a grouping of files. (like standard view)
11. Fixed: Clicking the image in the Tag window while editing a different field could cause a crash.
12. Fixed: Incomplete Shutdown Detected warning dialog wasn't getting translated.
13. Fixed: Newly inserted CD's were not always detected correctly during auto-rip sessions.

12.0.67 (9/5/06)

1. Changed: Canon RAW (and other RAW) images loaded at full resolution by default. (instead of half-resolution)
2. Changed: Thumbnailing of RAW images faster in some cases.
3. Fixed: "Acquire Images" Action Window was crowded on its bottom edge.
4. Changed: The "Display" Action Window won't minimize other Action Windows when being shown.
5. Fixed: Closing MC while it was tagging could cause a dead-lock.
6. Fixed: Deleting a playing image could cause a dead-lock.
7. Changed: When viewing a playlist, the "Seq" column shows that it's the current sort order.
8. Changed: Playlist views support user sorting (and remember the sorting). (pick "Default" from the sort menu to revert to sequence sorting)
9. Changed: Album art upload and download works better with international characters.
10. Changed: Submitting art to the internet only uploads files where a better copy doesn't already exist. (making it much faster)
11. NEW: After submitting art to the internet, a summary is shown to reflect how many images were added, alredy in the database, etc.

12.0.66 (9/1/06)

1. NEW: Middle mouse button smooth scrolling is supported in file lists and the left navigation pane.
2. NEW: "Build Missing Thumbnails..." works in a background thread instead of blocking the program.
3. Optimized: Thumbnail stacks get cached during scrolling so they aren't rebuilt as often.
4. Changed: Stack views do a nicer job of filling in their stacks as thumbnails are being built.
5. Changed: Thumbnails of single files no longer draw larger than the original image.
6. Fixed: Closing the program while an email of files was being sent by Media Center could cause an error.
7. Fixed: Problems identifying iPods connected via firewire.
8. Changed: Clicking 'Rip CD' (or 'Rip Tracks') will open the ripping action window, if the ripping action window is already open the rip will start.

12.0.65 (8/30/06)

1. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could hang with some file types. (introduced in build 64)
2. Fixed: When clicking between different lists that were visible without changing selection, the Tag window wouldn't update for the correct list.
3. NEW: When double-clicking a thumbnail that shows files below, double-clicking again will hide the files.
4. Changed: Thumbnail stacks rebuild at a higher quality when enlarging thumnails. (used to happen only after reentering view)
5. Changed: Thumbnails stacks look better at large sizes.
6. Fixed: Should correctly execute a /playreplace from the command line when the player isn't running.
7. Changed: Added ASX playlist formats to options for drive-based handhelds.
8. Fixed: Deleting drive-based device playlist from tree not working unless the playlist was at the root.

12.0.64 (8/29/06)

1. Changed: The YADB CD lookup is using the new improved database.
2. Optimized: Several significant speedups to auto-complete combo boxes.
3. Changed: Auto-complete combo boxes cap at 100,000 items instead of 2,000 items.
4. Changed: Thumbnail text only animates for thumbnails for a group of files. (not individual images or songs)
5. Fixed: Cameras (and camera memory) were appearing as portable media players.
6. Fixed: Drive based portable media players were appearing as cameras in the acquire images list.
7. Fixed: Conversions of currently playing files to the same file name (with remove old) would fail.
8. Changed: Displaying ratings in the player window is optional.
9. Changed: Revised thumbnail system to improve performance and provide higher quality thumbs at large thumb sizes. (thumbs will be rebuilt)
10. Fixed: Thumbnails of smallish images or album covers could look over-sharpened.
11. Changed: Thumbnail creation uses bicubic resizing for higher quality thumbs.

12.0.62 (8/28/06)

1. Changed: The files below a grouping like genres or artists have a drop menu to change the list style, etc.
2. Changed: The right-click menu for a view header is the same as the drop menu of the title.
3. Changed: When leaving a view with multiple thumbnailing threads still working, the program won't wait nearly as long before stopping the thumbnailing threads.
4. Fixed: Thumbnails were not being cached locally for Library Server clients.
5. Fixed: Some library server actions (like thumbnailing) could be very slow.
6. Optimized: Reduced the latency when scrolling large lists.
7. Optimized: Removed some debug code from the thumbnail loading system.
8. Optimized: Improved performance of thumbnail views that show text with the thumbnail.
9. Fixed: Auto-show menus could appear even while using a right-click menu.

12.0.61 (8/25/06)

1. Changed: Removed counts from pane listings.
2. Changed: Revised how library view navigation works so that it has only one control point.
3. Changed: Merged title of views and "Options" button in all views into the same item.
4. Optimized: Some skinned controls draw faster.
5. Changed: Added "Columns" to the view settings menu.
6. Changed: "Customize Current View..." replaced by "View Settings" menu in main view menu and right-click on file lists.
7. Changed: Right-clicking the column headers of a list shows only the "View Settings" menu instead of the entire menu.
8. NEW: Added ratings to the player window.
9. Fixed: Switching into fullscreen with MC maximized, and then hitting the "restore" button to go to windowed display view didn't work properly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re: Media Center 12.0.68
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 07:53:05 pm »

Wow your working late...  Thanks Matt.

-

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:19:22 pm »

2. Changed: Renamed "Other Tags" to "More Tags" in Tag Action Window.

Still can't get to People field in the More Tags list when audio files are selected.

4. Changed: "Add New Tag" button is at the bottom of a check list instead of the top in the Tag Action Window.

I guess I'm not seeing this, more details please....

5. Changed: Tags get broken into columns in the Tag Action Window so all values are left aligned.

The first column with the field names needs to be widened a bit.  For example, "Keywords" displays as "Keyw...".   It doesn't widen even if I widen the entire tree.

6. Changed: Mini View "Slim" skin shows a close button instead of a maximize button. (it exits to Standard View)

Nice.  Can we get mini view to remember screen size and position also?

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:16:53 pm »

--Cursor hovering over image thumbnails will cause the thumbnails to flicker periodically.

--I sure agree about mini rembembering size and position, also "always on top".

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 11:06:08 pm »

1. MC crashes every time i try to go to theatre view.

2. Most of my tiles and album thumbnails are missing thumbnails even though all thumbnails have been drawn.

3. Launch MC by double clicking a file in explorer and after a while it throws up a tagging error.

Suggestions:
1. In the tag action window, when you hover over a field you can see its name in a tooltip. This is good for cut off values. I'd like to see the same thing happen in panes, since I have a lot of panes and tagging mode sometimes becomes an effort in guesswork.

2. Put a little link above the thumbnail in the tag action window, saying "View image" so that people will find out about the image action window.

3. Collapsable Display window and basic playing now list for "slim" so that it rivals WMP/windows picture & fax viewer as a simple file browser.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 01:35:21 am »

Nice.  Can we get mini view to remember screen size and position also?

I'd like that too. Gotta put it back every time now.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 03:36:12 am »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120068.exe

History

12.0.68 (9/8/06)

1. NEW: Theater View built on top of Direct3D 9. (experimental)

I love where this is headed! Very nice work Matt!! Can't wait to see this develop further. My only suggestion at this point is that I can imagine people are going to want to control what is animated in the background. Might be nice to be able to select from a few different ones.

1 bug too (apart from the ocasional crash) - the context menu flashes like crazy.

I loaded up my own skin and it looks fantastic. Noire will be good too when slicker graphics/images are put in place.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 04:28:36 am »

This is a good change (thank you), but I agree with zxsix that the "field name" is way too narrow.  I realize that the idea is to give more room to the "value" column, but at the moment, only the first few letters (perhaps 4 or 5) of the field names are shown, which just isn't enough.  MC11 alloted a LOT more room for this column -- perhaps MORE than was really needed, but it still worked better for tagging since a LOT of the current field names don't fit in the column.

Note also that now the rows are so much closer together, it tends to result in a "busier" feel that I think would really benefit from some form of grid lines seperating the rows. 

At the risk of sounding repetative, I'll say once again that I think the Tag AW deserves it's own setup page (or at least a section on one of the existing pages) under "Options."  The Tag editing window is clearly something that people feel strongly about, so it simply seems to make sense to make it configurable.  This sort of configuration customization is the hallmark of MC, and the Tag window is a popular section of MC that would greatly benefit from being "customizable."  In one fell swoop this would eliminate the need make the Tag AW a "one size fits all" window, which based on discussions in this forum simply doesn't appear to be working.

Thanks again,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 04:29:51 am »

This issue remains:

I can't check/uncheck an "unassigned tag" box in tagging mode on my custom tags.  I CAN check the "unassigned tag" box for tags like "Genre," but for my custom iPod tags, clicking on the "unassigned" box does nothing.  The difference "may" be that my custom tags are "list" type tags, whereas the tags that DO allow me to select the "unassigned" box are "string" type tags.

The bottom line is that something is amiss with either "custom" tags or "list" type tags when it comes to editing them in Tagging Mode.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 04:48:26 am »

Am I missing something, or is there no way to reduce the "rating" field to "zero" stars?  With earlier MC versions, you could edit this field and either enter "0" or delete the number completely.  With the new system, you have to select one of the stars, and there is no "no star" selection.

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 04:57:11 am »

Am I missing something, or is there no way to reduce the "rating" field to "zero" stars?  With earlier MC versions, you could edit this field and either enter "0" or delete the number completely.  With the new system, you have to select one of the stars, and there is no "no star" selection.

Larry

I asked the same and Matt answered here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35053.msg239083#msg239083. I still think that the "remove rating" function should be more obvious.

Matt, did you consider my proposition in that thread?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 05:16:45 am »

I asked the same and Matt answered here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35053.msg239083#msg239083. I still think that the "remove rating" function should be more obvious.

Matt, did you consider my proposition in that thread?

I see.  You're right -- that really isn't obvious at all.  It seems like there should be an icon (as you suggest) for deleting the rating, and that it should be on the LEFT side since this is "lower" than one star, rather than being "higher" than 5 stars, which is how it currenlty works.

Thanks,

Larry

dcwebman

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 08:53:04 am »

I guess I'm not seeing this, more details please....
Add a field something like Styles that has checkbox selection to your tag window. Click on Styles. The Add New Tag button used to be at the top of the checkbox selections. Now it's at the bottom.
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 09:02:41 am »

I don't need to repeat what everybody else has said about the tag window field names being too short. Oh, maybe I just did. Just curious, did anyone ever complain about the MC 11 tag window?

Missing editable fields from tag window:
Album Gain (clear)
BPM
File Type
Intensity
Last Played (clear)
Number Plays (clear)
Peak Level (clear)
Replay Gain (clear)

Missing read-only fields from tag window: ?
Bit Depth
Channels
Service: Name
Text

---------------

In Audible Titles view, changing the sorting only seems to work the first time you load up MC. If you go to change it again, and answer Yes to the saving of the smartlist, the next time you go back, it will be defaulted back to [date imported]-d

Thank you for fixing this one.
Jeff

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 10:00:53 am »

I've been copying movies from dvds onto my hard drive all day, and even after 12 hours MC hasnt seen and added them into the library. I have enable watch folders ticked. So in the end I had to dig into options to force a check folders now. Then the program froze up for about 5 minutes. I got tired of waiting and force closed it.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 10:06:38 am »

The play button is not always in the proper state.

so when you dbl click on a media file the play button should be in "||" pause state, but is in a ">" Play state.

Edit: This Can Be Reproduced On Any File Without A Duration
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 10:19:14 am »

I found 774 Short Wave Files That MC Does Not Calculate A Duration

The Files\Loops Came From "Music Maker" Made By Magix, And Music Studio By Sony
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 10:21:35 am »

It Seems When Trying To Analyze Wav Media Files, MC Will Become Non Responsive.

When trying To Narrow Down What File Made MC Become Non Responsive, what ever file it was then seems to analyze without problem.

Could Something Be Wrong With Analyze?

Apparently i am not the only one who see this problem, this problem is reported in MC11.1.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 10:24:18 am »

After You Analyze A Wave File

MC Attempts To Tag Wave Files And The Reports An Error It Can Save A Tag To the File.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 10:29:22 am »

MC Has A Problem Finding A BPM On Short Wave Files How Ever The BPM Is Properly Calculated In Music Studio From Sony
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 10:34:29 am »

Media Center Is Non Responsive On A Play List Of Media Files That MC Did Not Figure Out The Duration.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 10:36:35 am »

When Playing A Media File, If You Make Tag Changes, MC Does Not Save Them.

If You Press Stop\Pause Still MC Does Not Save The Tags

Only When You Exit MC, Or Play Another File Does MC Attempt To Save The Tags.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 11:04:22 am »

The "rip refresh bug" is still here.

I think I've narrowed it down a little. It occurs when the info of the "second" CD is not found in the YADB database. Attempting to update the information from cdplayer.ini (found using a different program) does not work as expected and, instead, the info of the previous ripped CD is displayed. No way to update it with the correct information of cdplayer.ini unless you reboot your system.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2006, 11:59:30 am »

Wishlist:    Tools > Options > Library > Check Folders Now.

Please add the ability to put this in the customize toolbars.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006, 05:31:37 pm »

Forgive me if you already considered this, but are you using one of the skins that doesn't have an actual "Stop" button -- i.e. did you confirm that you're pressing "Stop" and not just pausing.  What about if you delete the songs from "Playing Now"?  Does this result in the tags being saved?

By the way -- how can you tell when the tags get saved?  I did some tests, and I'm not sure when the actual save takes place.

On a related note, for me, not having an actual "Stop" button is a deal breaker for a skin.  I still use "Thunderstorm" which DOES have a stop button.  I have NEVER liked or agreed with the iTunes type approach of "less buttons is always better."  Sometimes -- as in this case -- having another button is a GOOD thing.  I hope that as new skins are developed, people don't do what "Noire" did and remove the stop button.

Thanks,

Larry

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 05:58:21 pm »

Forgive me if you already considered this, but are you using one of the skins that doesn't have an actual "Stop" button

Actually No

Noire I Was Using, It Has No Stop Button

I Thought That Was The Way It Was On All Of The Skins.

Not Having A Stop Button Creates Problems, I Can't See Why That Skin Should Be The Default, Since The Pause Creates So Many Problems.

I Changed To PixOs

Thanks For The Tip
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2006, 06:03:04 pm »

I don't need to repeat what everybody else has said about the tag window field names being too short. Oh, maybe I just did.

On this subject, a good example of where it currently doesn't work well is with the "Date Created," "Date Imported," and "Date Modified" fields.  All three of these fields appear as "Date..." in the Tag window.  The tag window should be a window where you can view and check tags at a quick glance.  Having to mouse over fields in order to see the full field name is just not conducive to this task.

Just curious, did anyone ever complain about the MC 11 tag window?

There were probably "details" that people wanted added/changed, but there was certainly NEVER a popular consensus like this that changes were needed, and there was no desire expressed to make major changes to the way it worked.  In general, people definitely seemed quite satisfied with the MC11 tag window.

It seems like the design decisions surrounding the MC12 Tag window are being made by someone who feels fundamentally different about how it should be used compared to the MC11 approach to this window.  MC11's approach to the tag window was that is was a place to do WORK -- i.e. it's design approach centered on functionality.  MC11 created a place conducive to editing tags -- ALL tags -- that was easier than using the main track window.  Sadly, MC12's approach to the Tag window (so far) is very different.

MC12 seems to see the Tag window as a place to get a very basic view of common tags, where one can edit them if needed -- i.e. the focus seems to be on keeping it small and "unobtrusive" rather than creating a robust workspace.  You can add tags to it, but it becomes very crowded and "busy" feeling, and it does not offer many of the powerful features that MC11 did (i.e. "Visible Columns" section, gridlines, different color for "read only," etc.)  It's just not layed out in a way that lends itself to "working" in it, which is immediately apparent to anyone who used MC11's Tag window as a "work" environment.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2006, 06:09:29 pm »

Not Having A Stop Button Creates Problems

I totally agree, which is why I simply don't use skins that don't have a "Stop" button.  I still really like the Thunderstorm skin, however, so this isn't really a problem for me at this time.

Larry

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2006, 09:36:46 pm »

There were probably "details" that people wanted added/changed, but there was certainly NEVER a popular consensus like this that changes were needed, and there was no desire expressed to make major changes to the way it worked.  In general, people definitely seemed quite satisfied with the MC11 tag window.

I think the new tag window is much better. It is simple and elegant. The thumbnail looks nice and the information next to it is well presented., and the new way of rating is much better. It's easy to tick the fields you want to see for your daily tagging needs, and the  memory by media modes feels right.
The only thing it needs in my book, is a way within the tag action window to add new fields.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2006, 02:58:01 am »

I think the new tag window is much better. It is simple and elegant.

It all depends on the way one uses MC.  If you were somebody who did not utilize the Tag window features of MC11 that were removed in MC12, it makes sense that you might like the new window better since nothing was "taken away" from you.  If however, you DID use 11's extra Tag window features, MC12 presents a very noticeable step down in functionality.  To put it simply, what one person considers more "simple and elegant" about the new layout, someone else would call "lacking in necessary features."  In order to create this "simpler" design, a lot had to be taken AWAY from users like myself, which is where the problem lies.

It's also important to note that with MC11, I honestly can't remember any discussion about the Tag window being "too complicated" or "not elegant enough."  It never appeared to be a "problem" that people felt needed fixing.  In the case of MC12, multiple people have expressed complaints about the new layout since the reduction in features directly effects their everyday use of MC.

There is a VERY straightforward solution to this, however, where EVERYBODY wins.  This is to offer a configurable Tag window, where people can customize the layout to their specific needs.  This is the ONLY way to please everybody in a situation where there is clearly no "one size fits all" solution.  It has been suggested that the developers would frown upon another "Options" page, but isn't this an area that really calls for this?  Even with a limited beta team, there is considerable discussion on this subject.  Doesn't this indicate that the tag window is a central enough part of MC to warrant a configurable setup?  MC has always been a VERY configurable program, so why the sudden "line in the sand" about making another part of the program customizable -- a part of the program that sees a LOT of use by many users?

Thanks,

Larry

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2006, 07:50:06 am »

Too small, especially when using translations (Dutch) where some fields have much longer names then the English ones.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 06:07:23 pm »

Wishlist:    Tools > Options > Library > Check Folders Now.

Please add the ability to put this in the customize toolbars.

Please, please, please ;)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2006, 01:14:42 am »

Yes i vote also for this.. please please

Please, please, please ;)

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2006, 01:23:37 am »

The Germans Texts does not fit any longer in the field.  :'(

See Screenshoot.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8163/fieldnamespw3.jpg

Too small, especially when using translations (Dutch) where some fields have much longer names then the English ones.

Here is again a German Translation Update, for MC12 please insert it in the next Build from MC12.
File: JRiver Media Center 12 Translation by Bytestar & Daniel2k
Language: German
Version/Date: 11.09.06
Download: http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/mc12de.zip

Thanks
Bytestar

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 04:52:38 am »

I was just trying to make a new View Scheme and noticed that the field "Filename (path)" is not in the dropdown list when trying to add the filters.

"filename (name)" is available but "filename (path)" isn't.

Richard

Marty3d

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2006, 09:55:27 am »

In PN (12.0.66, don't know about .68); If you select one file, let the tooltip appear, then press delete, the tooltip still shows the deleted files' info.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 03:05:53 pm »

This is by design.  Player > Stop (or double-click the pause) to force a stop.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 03:17:34 pm »

This is by design.  Player > Stop (or double-click the pause) to force a stop.

That's OK, I Am Using A Skin With A Stop Button, A Skin Without A Stop Button Causes Too Many Problems.

I did not know the PixOS Skin Was Avail For MC12, I will be using that and all the problems i reported in reference to MC not working correctly is just in the default skin now since there is no stop button. I am sure there will be many more complaints about how MC works with this skin with some of the functions of MC due to the no stop button.

Maybe a Tool Tip for the Pause button on how to force a stop may help. i did not know a dbl click on this would force a stop.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2006, 03:22:14 pm »

Maybe a Tool Tip for the Pause button on how to force a stop may help. i did not know a dbl click on this would force a stop.
there is one already??
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34381.0

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2006, 03:31:48 pm »

there is one already??
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34381.0

Actually I was going to add that to the message above, if there is one I never noticed it. Truly I thought The Stop Button Was Executed (firing squad). My other mistake was not looking to see if the old skins were avail.

I just don't see why if a user pauses a song that all other options should still work. all MC needs to do is remember where to start again if you press pause again.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2006, 03:44:48 pm »

I just don't see why if a user pauses a song that all other options should still work. all MC needs to do is remember where to start again if you press pause again.

Tagging functions will work since MC will tag when the file frees up.

Bookmarking (instead of pausing) doesn't handle live TV, internet streams, and several other file types that MC natively supports.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2006, 05:34:01 pm »

i see
Fayetteville, NC, USA

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 09:41:51 am »

I'm getting hundreds of little ffdshow icons appear down in the system taskbar while MC builds thumbnails.

Building thumbnails is also interferring in the ability to watch videos. They stutter and freeze all the time.
Tagging and filtering (navigating inside a viewscheme) also seem to be slow, due to the thumbnailing.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 11:09:31 am »

After You Analyze A Wave File

MC Attempts To Tag Wave Files And The Reports An Error It Can Save A Tag To the File.

This should work now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up