INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.70  (Read 2011 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.70
« on: September 14, 2006, 05:26:13 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120070.exe

History

12.0.70 (9/14/06)

1. Fixed: In some cases, deleting a folder from the "My Computer" area of the tree could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Doing a "Locate > On Disk (inside Media Center)" could crash when performed on a missing folder.
3. Fixed: Rating stars no longer react when the mouse is over a scrollbar or popup dialog.
4. Fixed: Podcast view headers wouldn't properly update to show a changed status like "failed to download", etc.
5. Changed: If a Podcast has no description, the title of the podcast will be used as the description.
6. Changed: Podcasts with no update date specified are now accepted. (previously they would be considered invalid)
7. Fixed: View header subtitle and notes were offset from one another slightly.
8. Fixed: Seeking problem when playing certain DRM protected Windows Media videos.
9. Changed: Running a second Media Center while a Media Center was minimized would not restore the first program as expected.
10. NEW: Send To > External Tools allow full expressions to be used to build the command line to send to the external program. (so artist, album, if statements, etc. can be used)
    NOTE: Media Center no longer automatically adds quotes around the filename, so you will need to add them manually if the external program needs them.
11. Changed: Splash screen is no longer shown when the program starts in Media Server or external SDK mode.
12. Fixed: At some player window sizes the status text in the player window could show up incorrectly after a text change.
13. Changed: Image captions updated after decode.
14. Fixed: Switching away from G-Force using the right-click menu could cause a crash.
15. Changed: Simplified how menus and keypresses are forwarded from display plugins. (please report any strangeness)
16. Fixed: In certain cases, the Tag window could still say "no files selected" when switching views.
17. Changed: The "Sort" menu under View Settings doesn't appear when in Playing Now.
18. Changed: Menus will never use more than half of the monitor's height before scrolling.
19. Changed: Made the scroll arrows on the top and bottom of long menus more subtle.
20. NEW: In-place editing of "clear only" type fields is now supported. (last played, number plays, replay gain, etc.)
21. Fixed: Pressing "Enter" while editing a field in a list could start playback.
22. Changed: Editing large values like Lyrics in-place in the list requires Shift+Enter to be used for enter. (since Enter saves)
23. NEW: New "Start" and "Podcasts" pages in the player.

12.0.69 (9/12/06)

1. Fixed: Media Center would not run on some Win9x systems.
2. Fixed: Thumbnails could blink when holding the mouse over them.
3. Fixed: Deleting a file from Playing Now could leave the file's tooltip.
4. Changed: Tag window better auto-sizes label column. (by design, very long field names will show ... instead of pushing everything right)
5. Fixed: On systems with CD 'auto-run' turned off, the restart button in the rip action window was not working.
6. NEW: Stopping (or playing a new selection) when TV is time-shifted more than one minute behind live will show a confirmation dialog.
7. Changed: Clicking "Unassigned" in tagging mode for a list-type field will remove all values.
8. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks Bytestar and Daniel2k)
9. Changed: Made clearing the rating using graphical stars more intuitive.
10. Fixed: A wave file (and some others) could be listed as taggable even if there was not input plugin.
11. Changed: Folder watching will only wait up to 5 minutes for inactivity (during continued activity) before reconciling the database with the disk.
12. Fixed: Problems identifying some grayscale photo iPods.
13. Fixed: When the Display action window appeared in a minimized state, it wouldn't properly resize the action windows.
14. Fixed: Theater View could crash in some cases.

12.0.68 (9/8/06)

1. NEW: Theater View built on top of Direct3D 9. (experimental)
2. Changed: Renamed "Other Tags" to "More Tags" in Tag Action Window.
3. Changed: Removed the "Tag: " header from the title text of Tag Action Window pages when zoomed into a field.
4. Changed: "Add New Tag" button is at the bottom of a check list instead of the top in the Tag Action Window.
5. Changed: Tags get broken into columns in the Tag Action Window so all values are left aligned.
6. Changed: Mini View "Slim" skin shows a close button instead of a maximize button. (it exits to Standard View)
7. Fixed: Some Tag window tag changes did not properly support undo. (ctrl+z)
8. Changed: Tag window updates nicer while scrolling.
9. Fixed: Invalid translation entries for strings with formatting (like %s, %d, etc.) could cause a crash.
10. NEW: Theater View uses image stacks instead of 2x2 grids when showing a grouping of files. (like standard view)
11. Fixed: Clicking the image in the Tag window while editing a different field could cause a crash.
12. Fixed: Incomplete Shutdown Detected warning dialog wasn't getting translated.
13. Fixed: Newly inserted CD's were not always detected correctly during auto-rip sessions.

12.0.67 (9/5/06)

1. Changed: Canon RAW (and other RAW) images loaded at full resolution by default. (instead of half-resolution)
2. Changed: Thumbnailing of RAW images faster in some cases.
3. Fixed: "Acquire Images" Action Window was crowded on its bottom edge.
4. Changed: The "Display" Action Window won't minimize other Action Windows when being shown.
5. Fixed: Closing MC while it was tagging could cause a dead-lock.
6. Fixed: Deleting a playing image could cause a dead-lock.
7. Changed: When viewing a playlist, the "Seq" column shows that it's the current sort order.
8. Changed: Playlist views support user sorting (and remember the sorting). (pick "Default" from the sort menu to revert to sequence sorting)
9. Changed: Album art upload and download works better with international characters.
10. Changed: Submitting art to the internet only uploads files where a better copy doesn't already exist. (making it much faster)
11. NEW: After submitting art to the internet, a summary is shown to reflect how many images were added, alredy in the database, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.70
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 05:44:14 pm »

There is still a bug with the "clear rating" icon in the Tag window, and I've discovered that the problem depends on the skin being used.  With the Thunderstorm skin, when I mouse over the Ratings area in the Tag window, the little "X" (i.e. the "clear rating" icon) only appears when the pointer is NOT over the "clear rating" spot.  When the pointer is over the spot where the X appears, the X disappears, so I have to once again click on a blank spot to get the rating to clear.

If I instead choose the "noire" skin, the X gets dimmer when mousing directly over it, but it is still visible.  When I choose the "aruba" skin, the X gets brighter when mousing over this spot.  Given that I still use the Thunderstorm skin, this is a problem since the X completely disappears when mousing over it.

Thanks,

Larry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 05:53:16 pm »

10. NEW: Send To > External Tools allow full expressions to be used to build the command line to send to the external program. (so artist, album, if statements, etc. can be used)
    NOTE: Media Center no longer automatically adds quotes around the filename, so you will need to add them manually if the external program needs them.

This is working GREAT!  I also like how it still auto enters the "[Filename]" for you in the Parameters field in the dialog, since that's still what you're likely to use the most.

It took me a while to figure it out, but when you put slashes "/" in the Parameters field of the dialog, they don't get translated over into the command line.  I figured out that's because they must denote an escape character and you have to double them to get them to work.  So, for example, to create an IMDB lookup (on the [Name] field) you need to use:

Code: [Select]
Program Path: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Parameters: http://us.imdb.com//Tsearch?"[Name]"

Note the "//" after imdb.com in the Parameters field.  In reality, you only want a single slash there, but to get MC to send it, you need to double up.  No biggie, but you have to know to do it!

Thank you so very much!!!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 09:12:08 pm »

Missing editable fields from tag window:
Album Gain (clear)
BPM
File Type
Intensity
Last Played (clear)
Number Plays (clear)
Peak Level (clear)
Replay Gain (clear)

Missing read-only fields from tag window: ?
Bit Depth
Channels
Service: Name
Text

--------------

Clicking on Services & Plug-ins gets at the top of the page:
404 - Error Message
Sorry, that address doesn't exist. Please check the spelling and try again.

--------------

Occasionally I see "Privacy Report" in the middle of the bottom toolbar. I can not determine exactly when it does appear as I have seen it in different areas.

Jeff

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 10:32:20 pm »

Well ... I finally took the plunge and installed MC12 on my HTPC.  I'm still not uninstalling MC11.1 from my main PC but I decided to switch over in the living room.  In doing so, I discovered a very serious problem with the new skin (Noire).

I like the skin (a lot), but the transparent menus don't get sent over VNC at all.  I'm not able to access the File/Edit/View/Player/etc menus at all through my VNC client on the main PC and I'm not able to use the "right click" functionality at all anywhere in the app.  This is A Big Deal, as most "settings" and work that I need to do on the HTPC I do through VNC where it's easier to read.

I'm assuming this has to do with the new "transparency" of the menus.  Is there a way to turn this off (or even better, fix it somehow)?  I can switch to a different skin, but I really like Noire and don't want to give it up!  Losing VNC access will be a problem for more than just me though... We really need a "disable transparent menus" option in the UI.  At this point though (and even just to check to see that that's really what's causing it) if there's a Registry hack to disable them, let me at it!

EDIT: Just to confirm, the menus work fine again over VNC when I set it to use Blue Steel (and probably other skins that don't use the transparent menus).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 11:13:33 pm »

I have no idea when this started, but MC12 is not honoring Options --> General --> Behavior --> Double Click when it is set to Replace Playing Now (all) (it instead acts like Replace Playing Now (single)).  The other setting all appear to work as they should.  This happens on both of my MC12-installed machines...

Marty3d

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 08:52:32 am »

Minor annoyance:

1. Have a bunch of music files in PN, scroll down the list and play one there
2. Search for something that exists in the list (like George)
3. Right-click one of the results and choose Add (as next to play)
4. Clear search field

Result: The list doesn't focus (not sure about it, since I can't see what's focused/selected) on the currently playing song or the added one, instead it positions itself at the top of the list. I'm not so good at explaining this one, but I hope you'll understand.
/Martin

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 09:35:35 am »

Screen refresh bug.....

Select an album.  Click on "show files"
Highlight all tracks.
In the tag editing window....
edit keyword field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.
edit people field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.

DO NOT TOUCH MOUSE FOR A MINUTE.
Note that the keyword and people fields have not yet updated in the file details on the right.

I've waited several minutes without an update of the screen.
Pass your mouse over the highlighted songs and finally you'll see the fields update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen refresh bug.....

Viewscheme thumbnail text not refreshing after edit.

I have a viewscheme which is displaying thumbnails of albums.
Below each thumbnail is the album title.

I highlight an album and click on TAG in the action window.
I edit a mis-spelled album title and press enter.

The album tag in the file view at the bottom updated immediately, but the thumbnail text still shows the old value.

Moving the mouse over the thumbnail area, clicking on it, clicking elsewhere....nothing refreshes it until I change to a different viewscheme and switch back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Window won't display transfer status window of two ipods simultaneously.

Trasfers worked correctly for both devices but there's a display issue:
Docked both devices.
Started sync on ipod.
Percentage complete window displays properly just above the action window.
Started sync on nano.
The status window for the ipod disappeared even though it was only at 20% and was replaced by nano's status window.

If I click on each under the drive and devices tree, I can see that they are still both transferring files.
Should be able to display both status bars.

Drop-down menus display behind g-force visualization and can't be clicked on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't have access to the People field in the AW tag window when viewing an audio viewscheme.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REQUESTS: 

rightclick > view settings > sort >  XXXXX
Please add [Track #] as one of the sort choices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Tools > Options > Library > Check Folders Now.
Please add the ability to put this in the customize toolbars.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 11:29:28 am »

Tools > Options > Library > Check Folders Now.
Please add the ability to put this in the customize toolbars.

Yes please, and please add it back as an automation option.  The function that used to do it now brings up the "add single folder" dialog.

Since -- for performance reasons I explained much earlier at great length -- I am unable to keep Otto on Auto, I need to be able to manually initiate this process from my TV.  Digging into the Options dialog is not workable (because of font clarity and size on the TV screen).  Before I had a simple Girder command assigned to a button on my remote that quickly ran the import routine.  Now, I have no effective way to import new media on my HTPC.  (I also think we should really have a Check Folders Now option under Tools but that's a fight that I'm willing to concede if we can get these two requests answered.)

dcwebman

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 11:46:51 am »

I added a new audio playlist today and was surprised by the results. I clicked on a playlist group and saw that the blank view had audio fields. Right-clicking on the playlist group and selecting Add Playlist or pressing F8, got the me the prompt for the new playlist under that group. I typed the playlist name in and the resulting view looked like it was for images because it had Caption, Places, People, etc. in it.

The only way I could get the audio view again was to customize the view. I'm not sure why it did this but if it was going to default to something, I would have expected it to default to what the playlist group columns were. Or perhaps in the playlist name dialog box, prompt as to the type of standard columns to use, i.e. image or audio.

MC 11 did not have this problem.
Jeff

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 03:02:45 pm »

Sorry to inform that the "rip refresh bug" is still alive and kicking here. Using build 12.0.70. My drive has autorun disabled, if that matters.
No way to get rid of the information of the first CD ripped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up