INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Problem  (Read 661 times)

Arlett

Sound Problem
« on: September 11, 2002, 03:02:37 am »

Just installed a new USB device - a Sony Pc Link so i can do mini-discs from media jukebox, but this has caused me major problems:

Sound now goes through this USB device instead of my 'line out' on my sound card (default). Thus i now have to plug my amp etc. into the Pc Link for a sound signal to flow through the amp. This has meant that there is skips in the music, even when searching the web and i have a powerful cpu.
 I have tried uninstalling the device but the 'line out' still doesnt have a sound signal flowing through it!

Is there anyway of changing this back so music flows through my sound cards' line out!?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Sound Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2002, 06:04:38 am »

We did some testing with this a few months ago and found the same problem.  Uninstalling the Sony software may be the only way.

Sony tends to run a closed system that doesn't play well with others.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Arlett

RE:Sound Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2002, 06:34:26 am »

Thanks for the quick response!

well infact ive sorted this out, by changing the output from wavemapper to my soundcard and i can switch to USB whenver i want...

However, in mediajukebox, music goes through the soundcard to my amp etc. as normal, but music from games will only come out of the USB port!? this isnt a problem since a have a spare set of speakers to connect. Is there a way of making the sound from media jukebox come out of BOTH ports so that i can use my two sets of speakers in mediajukebox? There is no interference when i use mediajukebox and play games so it must be possible?

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up