INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APE/CUE not working?  (Read 1797 times)

JONCAT

APE/CUE not working?
« on: September 17, 2006, 10:24:38 pm »

I have come into possession of some ape/cue albums and I am wondering if it is normal for MC to still be having trouble with these as it imports the files according to the cue sheet as well as the album length .ape file.

DC

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Re: APE/CUE not working?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 06:04:04 am »

IMO, cue support should be removed.
It does not work as desired for the majority of users.

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 06:10:13 am »

So...technically there is no cue support?  ;D

DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 07:18:43 am »

So...technically there is no cue support? ;D

Cue support works as always (since MC11.0 was introduced). MC can play cue tracks and keep info in the database. I have currently 2981 cue based library tracks.

Library server does not support cue tracks. Also, for CD burning and file conversions it is best to use dedicated programs.

After a cue track has been imported it has no connection to the cue file anymore so it becomes a virtual track.

I have never used the main import tool for cue files. Usually I import cue files by right-clicking in Windows Explorer or by dragging to Playing Now.

If you don't like to import the audio source files you can exclude that file type when importing .cue files. I have imported the source files too, but I use a special tag for excluding them from my usual audio views.

For "Monkey's Audio + Cue" albums I recommend making APL (=Monkey's Audio Image Link) files. APL files can hold all usual file tags in APE v.2 tag format.

I have my complete lossless music archive in APE (disc image) + CUE + APLs format. My typical archive file (rar with recovery data) looks like this:

Click to enlarge.

For MC's library I usually make high bitrate lossy versions.

However, the "Right-click > Import" command inside Playing Now seems to have a bug in the recent builds. After a cue is dragged to PN the tracks have yellow note icons and are not included in the main library yet. "Right-click > Import" has worked previously, but not anymore. I have to send the cue tracks to a playlist for making them imported. I'll test this a bit more and send a bug report.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 08:39:58 am »

Speaking of RAR files....

<hijack thread>

I know of another player that can read directly from .rar / .zip files, is there any hope of MC being able to do this?

The request is based on ther following advantages:
  --  Single file album management
  --  Ability to package music / meta / image / extraneous data into a single file, I want this sooooooooo badly!!
  --  As Alex B points out, recovery data (for RARs at least), this is SUCH a handy feature!

Note that I am NOT suggesting use for compression purposes, thats what Monkey's and FLAC are for  :)

I would accept read only access to these files should this sort of support ever come about (gracious, aren't I?  :P )

Or... alternatively... Matt, how about making the APE container do the lot :D

</hijack thread>

Pages: [1]   Go Up