INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Schema lost from main view!  (Read 2010 times)

Adam12345

• Recent member
View Schema lost from main view!
« on: September 18, 2006, 03:27:41 am »

hi,

I can't find where I put the view schema back on....  :'(
Suddenly the default (genre/artist/album) is not in my"main song list", I see no view schema there..
How can I turn it on again? in the tree, if I click on audio->"edit view schema" I see it is there, but I don't see it in the main view... all I see there is a list with all my tracks

hope I got this out correct.

thanks
Adam

Adam12345

• Recent member
Re: View Schema lost from main view!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 09:48:25 am »

does anyone understand what I was asking about?. hard to explain when I don't have an image of it)

I want to see my music again like I can see in iTunes.. with the genre/artist/album filtering

I don't know how I (well.. my wife) took it off... And I see can't where I can put it on again.

anybody...? 

Adam12345

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 09:57:49 am »

does no one know the answer? :(

having view schema in the main song list is a must. I don't want to go back to iTunes, but I must if I can't put the view schema back on :(

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:13:14 am »

I'm really not sure.... Which View Scheme is missing?  I'm assuming that you just lost one of the default View Schemes (which can be deleted by selecting them and right-clicking and choosing Delete).

To create a new one, to replace your missing one:

1. Select Audio in the Tree (assuming you want to make an Audio View Scheme to browse your music files), then Right-Click and choose Add View Scheme.

2. In the Edit View Scheme dialog that appears, you can define the properties of your new View Scheme.  If you are just recreating one of the defaults, you can easily pick from the Presets drop down.  For example, the default Artist/Album View Scheme can be created by selecting the Album Artist (auto)/Album preset.

3. If you don't want to use any of the presets, you can create your own by clicking the Add button under the Step 1 section.  Then choose Standard View Item and choose which field you'd like to show up as the first "Pane" when browsing.  Click OK when you've chosen.  Then, you can add another one that will show up as the second "pane".  And so on and so forth.

4. Under the Step 3 section, make sure to check the top three boxes.  Leave Filter in both directions unchecked for now.

5. Under Step 2, you can uncheck Auto-name and type in any name for the View Scheme you want.  Otherwise, just leave it alone.

6. Click OK and you should have a new View Scheme in the Tree under Audio.

For more information on View Schemes and how to create and modify them, check in the Help file View Schemes topic under View Files and Libraries.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 10:22:02 am »

If this is too difficult, and you just want it to go back to the default, you could also create a new library.  You'd have to re-import all of your songs though.  To do this:

Go to File --> Library --> Clear Library.  Answer Yes to both of the questions it asks.  And that should put you back to the way it was when you first installed MC.  As I said, you'll have to re-import all of your media files.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 10:22:48 am »

I don't understand your decription of your problem.

Perhaps you can get an image of the screen (Shift and the PrintScreen key, labeled PrtSC on my keyboard).  It will be a bitmap image in the clipboard so start a program for editing images and save it to a file.  (Start/ Programs/Accessories/Paint will work if you have nothing else.) 

The bitmap image will be quite large, so it would be better to save it as a JPEG file.  (Can't do that with Paint though.)

You might then describe your problem in terms of the screen image of MC running.

Can anyone else tell the AO.P. how to attach an image to a message?

Don't give up and return to iTunes!

Bill

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:34:35 am »

Can anyone else tell the AO.P. how to attach an image to a message?

You'd need to have access to a web storage place to put the file, as JRiver doesn't host images for you (they only display images hosted elsewhere).

I know nothing about them, but there are some free Image Hosting sites out there.  One is:

http://imageshack.us/

Once you've uploaded the file and can see it on the web, you can simply copy/paste it's address into your message like this:

http://www.geocities.com/ri0n/mc/MC_lastchoice_remember.jpg

Then select the link and click the "Image" button in the message editor (it's the one just to the left of the world Icon, under the Italics "I" icon).  This will add IMG and /IMG tags to the beginning and end of the image link, and when you post the message, it will turn into a picture... When you're editing the message it will look like this:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/ri0n/mc/MC_lastchoice_remember.jpg[/img]

But when you post it, it'll look like this:

Adam12345

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 01:32:31 pm »

hi, and thanks for all the answers, they where all good.
I guess an image of my problem would have saved a lot of trouble...
After reading all your answers I stumbled up on the solution myself (after trying some of your suggestions).. and I feel a little stupid not seeing it before  ;)

The view schema was not lost (like I tried to say in my text )
To show you what I meant then I needed to click the small arrow (circled with red on the upper image, to see the view schema (lower image)

To my defense I was using another skin where the arrow was not as visible as in Aruba.  ;)
Thank you all..
   I love this program.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 01:52:03 pm »

So that you know in future, you had actually lost the 'panes' of your viewscheme, leaving just the the 'columns' of the 'file list' in view.
:)

Adam12345

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 01:53:41 pm »

yes thanks... I try to remember that next time I lose them!! hehe :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 02:09:57 pm »

While it isn't directly related, you might want to check out this tutorial I wrote up a while back for one of my MC-novice friends:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35030.0

It covers, among other things, the little divider bars that caused you the difficulty this time!   ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up