INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.72  (Read 4334 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.72
« on: September 18, 2006, 04:35:22 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120072.exe

History

12.0.72 (9/18/06)

1. Fixed: Image caption no longer being bozoed when zooming.
2. Fixed: Vista was causing a crash when browsing for folders.
3. Fixed: WMV playback would fail on some systems.
4. Changed: Artist is flagged as "all media types". (instead of audio specific)
5. Fixed: Integer-style fields would be a drop-list instead of a combobox when editing.
6. Fixed: Empty playlists would use image columns instead of audio columns. (switches automatically when adding files)
7. Changed: More fields are available in the Tag window.
8. Fixed: Right-clicking without moving the mouse first in fullscreen mode wouldn't show the mouse cursor.
9. Changed: Resizing the window no longer moves the camera position of 3D visualizations to a random spot.
10. Fixed: Black portions of images in the 3D visualiztions could show as transparent.
11. Changed: Sample Grabber method of thumbnailing is not used when FFDShow video decoder filter is detected.
12. Changed: Video playback doesn't prevent video slideshows on single file double-click.
13. Changed: Display resizes when borders appear in fullscreen.

12.0.71 (9/15/06)

1. New: Added option "Avoid WMV Acceleration" for WM video playback.
2. Fixed: Some WM video files with DirectSubVob subtitles would not play (introduced in 12.0.70).
3. Fixed: Playlist alarm not working on iPods.
4. Changed: Added recognition of some of the new iPods.
5. Fixed: Ratings not getting synced back properly from some iPods running newer firmware.
6. Changed: Some tweaks in Video Playback Options.
7. NEW: Menus support typed-key navigation. (when underlines are showing (Alt+[Key]) pressing a key will still do selections)
8. Fixed: Showing a submenu with scroll arrows multiple times from the same parent could cause a dead space to appear below the menu items.
9. Fixed: After some series of menu / mouse clicks, the auto-show menus in the view header could stop working.
10. Changed: People, places, and events are flagged as "all media types". (instead of image specific)
11. Changed: Captions on slideshow are cleared after new image load and displayed at the end of the transition.
12. NEW: Getting cover art from the internet is fully threaded so it doesn't block using the program.
13. Changed: "DirectShow audio/video playback settings ..." has been renamed "DirectShow playback settings..."; and likewise "DirectShow Audio Video Playback Options" renamed "DirectShow Playback Options".
14. NEW: Added previous / next display buttons in display view when viewing images, visualizations, etc.

12.0.70 (9/14/06)

1. Fixed: In some cases, deleting a folder from the "My Computer" area of the tree could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Doing a "Locate > On Disk (inside Media Center)" could crash when performed on a missing folder.
3. Fixed: Rating stars no longer react when the mouse is over a scrollbar or popup dialog.
4. Fixed: Podcast view headers wouldn't properly update to show a changed status like "failed to download", etc.
5. Changed: If a Podcast has no description, the title of the podcast will be used as the description.
6. Changed: Podcasts with no update date specified are now accepted. (previously they would be considered invalid)
7. Fixed: View header subtitle and notes were offset from one another slightly.
8. Fixed: Seeking problem when playing certain DRM protected Windows Media videos.
9. Changed: Running a second Media Center while a Media Center was minimized would not restore the first program as expected.
10. NEW: Send To > External Tools allow full expressions to be used to build the command line to send to the external program. (so artist, album, if statements, etc. can be used)
    NOTE: Media Center no longer automatically adds quotes around the filename, so you will need to add them manually if the external program needs them.
11. Changed: Splash screen is no longer shown when the program starts in Media Server or external SDK mode.
12. Fixed: At some player window sizes the status text in the player window could show up incorrectly after a text change.
13. Changed: Image captions updated after decode.
14. Fixed: Switching away from G-Force using the right-click menu could cause a crash.
15. Changed: Simplified how menus and keypresses are forwarded from display plugins. (please report any strangeness)
16. Fixed: In certain cases, the Tag window could still say "no files selected" when switching views.
17. Changed: The "Sort" menu under View Settings doesn't appear when in Playing Now.
18. Changed: Menus will never use more than half of the monitor's height before scrolling.
19. Changed: Made the scroll arrows on the top and bottom of long menus more subtle.
20. NEW: In-place editing of "clear only" type fields is now supported. (last played, number plays, replay gain, etc.)
21. Fixed: Pressing "Enter" while editing a field in a list could start playback.
22. Changed: Editing large values like Lyrics in-place in the list requires Shift+Enter to be used for enter. (since Enter saves)
23. NEW: New "Start" and "Podcasts" pages in the player.

12.0.69 (9/12/06)

1. Fixed: Media Center would not run on some Win9x systems.
2. Fixed: Thumbnails could blink when holding the mouse over them.
3. Fixed: Deleting a file from Playing Now could leave the file's tooltip.
4. Changed: Tag window better auto-sizes label column. (by design, very long field names will show ... instead of pushing everything right)
5. Fixed: On systems with CD 'auto-run' turned off, the restart button in the rip action window was not working.
6. NEW: Stopping (or playing a new selection) when TV is time-shifted more than one minute behind live will show a confirmation dialog.
7. Changed: Clicking "Unassigned" in tagging mode for a list-type field will remove all values.
8. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks Bytestar and Daniel2k)
9. Changed: Made clearing the rating using graphical stars more intuitive.
10. Fixed: A wave file (and some others) could be listed as taggable even if there was not input plugin.
11. Changed: Folder watching will only wait up to 5 minutes for inactivity (during continued activity) before reconciling the database with the disk.
12. Fixed: Problems identifying some grayscale photo iPods.
13. Fixed: When the Display action window appeared in a minimized state, it wouldn't properly resize the action windows.
14. Fixed: Theater View could crash in some cases.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.72
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 04:46:45 pm »

11. Changed: Sample Grabber method of thumbnailing is not used when FFDShow video decoder filter is detected.
12. Changed: Video playback doesn't prevent video slideshows on single file double-click.
13. Changed: Display resizes when borders appear in fullscreen.

Wow.... It's like the Glynor show.  Thanks!

To confirm, the Video playback does now match my expected behavior.  Thanks.  If anyone complains, I'll explain it to them.   ;)

The Display resizing on fullscreen is perfect.... Just like it acts in WiMP, and quite nice.  It does seem that the "auto-hide" time for the UI could be a tad bit shorter, but that's just me...  Alex might get mad, but the effect is not that intrusive, I think...

I don't have a way to effectively test the thumbnailing change here (I'm still at work and I don't have many video files really accessible that it will work with, and the ones that I do have are all already thumbnailed).... I'll let you know if that made any difference tonight (if my wife gives me enough time to play with it).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 04:47:55 pm »

It makes me happy to see that the error was repaired, very good work.

2. Fixed: Vista was causing a crash when browsing for folders.

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 05:34:29 pm »

bozoed

Is this Minnesota slang?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 05:42:02 pm »

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 05:57:49 pm »

With the current implementation of tags, are the tag categories in Options>Library>Standard/User Library Fields not become a little bit obsolete? If still needed some way, wouldn't it be more logical to have such categories as "General, Audio, Images, Video, Calculated? Or drop them altogether?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 06:00:11 pm »

With the current implementation of tags, are the tag categories in Options>Library>Standard/User Library Fields not become a little bit obsolete? If still needed some way, wouldn't it be more logical to have such categories as "General, Audio, Images, Video, Calculated? Or drop them altogether?

Yes, you're right.  We're not sure if they should be updated or removed. 

Dealing with the large number of fields in MC is a tricky issue.  We've made some progress in MC 12, but it's not perfect yet.

jgreen

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 06:24:33 pm »

Converting from WAV to FLAC successfully completed 9 tracks before freezing on the 10th and requiring a restart.  This is actually encouraging, for 2 reasons:

1.  This is more files than MC has been able to convert in the last week, combined.

2.  Many albums, particularly older ones, have fewer than 10 tracks.

dcwebman

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 06:44:18 pm »

6. Fixed: Empty playlists would use image columns instead of audio columns. (switches automatically when adding files)

It's the Glynor and dcwebman show! Now I can stop putting up those problems. Thanks!
Jeff

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 06:54:41 pm »

Never got this on prior builds, but today's I got the following message:

I answered yes.
I was able to successfully play a .wma audio file, so not sure what it was complaining about or what else it may effect.

O/S is Windows Server 2003 SP1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Center Registered 12.0.72 -- E:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2187 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 272 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive K: SONY     DVD RW DRU-700A    Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive L: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 07:48:38 pm »

Theater View:

1. All text still looks jaggered
2. Wherever thumbnails are used rather than lists, animation of thumbs play jerky when first entering a view. Lists play a lot smoother.

Media Center 12.0.72 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2991 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 514 MB, Free - 226 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  DVDRW SOHW-1653S   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jgreen

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 08:01:25 pm »

Not that you necessarily want to hear this right now, but I'm seeing strange reactions from MC when dealing with date-related fields.  Using another program to rip CDs, I ripped to filename rule:  "[artist] - [album]--[track number]-[name] [(date)]", in which "date" is a 4-digit year only.  Using "fill properties from filename", everything works except date, which seems to be suffering convulsions.  I can't get it to fill any album's date fields for all the tracks, and where it does fill dates (or "date(year)), the dates are "mm/dd/1905" or "mm/dd/1906".  June 15th seems to be a popular choice for both years.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 08:11:51 pm »

3. Fixed: WMV playback would fail on some systems.
See my post a few above this one.

5. Fixed: Integer-style fields would be a drop-list instead of a combobox when editing.
Confirmed fixed.

All of them that I use appear to be there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen refresh bug.....

Viewscheme thumbnail text not refreshing after edit.

I have a viewscheme which is displaying thumbnails of albums.
Below each thumbnail is the album title.

I highlight an album and click on TAG in the action window.
I edit a mis-spelled album title and press enter.

The album tag in the file view at the bottom updated immediately, but the thumbnail text still shows the old value.

Moving the mouse over the thumbnail area, clicking on it, clicking elsewhere....nothing refreshes it until I change to a different viewscheme and switch back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initialize Ipod grabs focus and won't let me do anything else in MC while it's running.
I'd like to be able to slide the window out of the way and let it run in the background.

Needs to be threaded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Window won't display transfer status window of two ipods simultaneously.

Trasfers worked correctly for both devices but there's a display issue:
Docked both devices.
Started sync on ipod.
Percentage complete window displays properly just above the action window.
Started sync on nano.
The status window for the ipod disappeared even though it was only at 20% and was replaced by nano's status window.

If I click on each under the drive and devices tree, I can see that they are still both transferring files.
Should be able to display both status bars.

Drop-down menus display behind g-force visualization and can't be clicked on.

View scheme not honoring search by media type.
View scheme setting for "honor parent scheme search strings" is unchecked.
Seems to be a conflict between the Media Type = Audio and the ~a modifier.
As long as the ~a modifier is present, the folder.jpg file is being displayed in addition to the audio files.

Here's the full thing:
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Comedy],[Radio],[Podcast] [Keywords]=[Nano] ~sort=[Album],[Artist],[Track #] ~nodup=[Artist] ~a ~s=3600 -[File Type]=[jpg]

Originial viewscheme has worked prior to build 12.0.71.
-[File Type]=[jpg] was added as an afterthought to try as a workaround and is not part of my normal viewscheme.

REQUESTS: 

rightclick > view settings > sort >  XXXXX
Please add [Track #] as one of the sort choices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Tools > Options > Library > Check Folders Now.
Please add the ability to put this in the customize toolbars.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 09:10:31 pm »

To test this build, I manually "Cleared All Thumbnails" and then browsed around in my various video view schemes.

While I would say this build is quite a bit snappier when building thumbnails, I've still experienced some dead-locks which forced me to "End Task" on the MC process.  As requested in the previous build thread, I sent a log file to Yaobing.

However, in browsing through the log file, I'm not positive that the problem is directly related to Thumbnailing anymore.  It could be coincidental (though the circumstantial evidence is convincing, since the problem is somewhat alleviated by pre-building the thumbs).  I would say that the dead-locks seem to occur most often when browsing into my View Schemes that show my BeyondTV recordings (which are almost all muxed MPEG-2 program stream files, though there are a smattering of DivX AVI files made via BTV's ShowSqueeze feature).  This could just be coincidence, or it could be something else.  As I have MC import all the BTV recording files, these do make up a substantial portion of my "daily" new files (the new imports which would need to be thumbnailed even if I've just recently built all the other thumbs).

There's also another possibility that I hadn't noticed before.  In my log, I see literally hundreds of lines like this:

Code: [Select]
0050204: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Start
0050219: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: DeviceIoControl returns err=21
0050219: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Finish (15 ms)
0050219: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Start
0050219: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: DeviceIoControl returns err=0
0050219: CD: CCDInfo::MMCDriveReady: Finish (0 ms)

In the most recent log example (the one I sent to Yaobing) those are the last lines in the log (presumably before either MC stopped doing anything useful at all or before I end-tasked it).  I'm not sure what's causing those lines, as I was not trying to use my Optical drives at all during that entire run of MC (and there were no discs loaded in either my physical optical drive or my Daemon Tools virtual drive).  If it matters at all, I do have AutoRun completely disabled on the system, including going into TweakUI and manually disabling all of the checkmarks for every potential drive (A-Z).

So, I'm not sure if these entries are related to the crashes, or coincidental, but I thought I'd mention it.  I know I've seen entries like this in logs on my other computer as well....

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 09:20:44 pm »

Just after I posted that lengthy message I switched back to MC12 (which had been running in the background).  I clicked on Video twice to expand it, and then selected my "BeyondTV" view scheme (which lists just my BTV recordings).  MC immediately crashed (giving me a very plain error dialog with a whole bunch of text and a "Copy Text" button).  Unfortunately, the dialog itself was crashed as well (forcing me to End Task on MC to continue), so I was unable to copy said text in order to post it.  I do have the log though...

You can grab it here:

http://www.geocities.com/ri0n/mc/MC12.0.72_Crashed_log2.zip

Upon restarting MC12 I was able to browse into the same View Scheme which caused the crash the first time.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 11:10:08 pm »

"Filename (path)" is not an available filter field when trying to create/edit a view scheme.

"Filename (name)" is available, but "Filename (path)" is not.

Richard

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 03:02:00 am »

4. Changed: Artist is flagged as "all media types". (instead of audio specific)

Thanks -- this will allow me to continue using the tagging conventions on my movies that I've been using up to now with MC11.

Larry

Marty3d

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 06:52:29 am »

When I hover the separator list between main window and Tag window so that the resize marker appears, and the slowly move the mouse towards the left, the mouse pointer doesn't change until a clickable item hovers. I reported this behaviour a long time ago, so if it's only on my machines, I apologize.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 08:43:34 am »

"Filename (path)" is not an available filter field when trying to create/edit a view scheme.

Richard

I can't reproduce this.  I see both.  Anyone else?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 08:59:35 am »

I can't reproduce this.  I see both.  Anyone else?

[Filename (path)] is available under Add --> Standard View Item in Step 1 in the Edit View Scheme dialog.  However, perhaps rpalmer is referring to Step 4 (the search bar).  It is not available there under More Fields.

Of course, you can enter it in manually.  I use this for a few view schemes that limit the results to the contents of one or more directories.  For example, this is the "search" for my BeyondTV view scheme (which lists all my BTV recordings on my "TiVO" drive):

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Video] ~sort=[Date Created]-d ([Filename]=T:\recordings\ or [Filename]=T:\compressed\)

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 09:44:26 am »

I have some music files in the following folder.

X:\_MUSIC\_FLAC (note the underscores)

Sometime (didn't find what causes that yet!) MC moves some random folder to a folder it creates called

X:\MUSIC\FLAC (w/o underscores).

Is this a bug, or something I can turn off somewhere? Because those folders are removed from my collection when it does that.

Thanks.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 12:22:34 pm »

Richard

True, I have the same problem, see only Filename (name), but not Filename (path)!

Also, plenty of freezing! Create new view scheme, select field. Clicking anywhere in MC does not close the field selection panel, but freezes it.

I notice freezing of mouse/keyboard very often, mostly when switching between view schemes. It's an ongoing story. Some releases are very fast with no problems at all, some releases are freezing all the time!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 12:54:07 pm »

I notice freezing of mouse/keyboard very often, mostly when switching between view schemes. It's an ongoing story. Some releases are very fast with no problems at all, some releases are freezing all the time!

Same here.  Even if all my Thumbs are pre-built, switching between View Schemes is always terribly slow.  And switching between "Tiles Mode" and "Panes Mode" usually is so absurdly slow that I think MC's crashed (though it does eventually come back to life and does the switch).

To be clear... Generally, when MC is locked like this, it does limit it's effects to its own process and the rest of the system remains responsive (thank god).  IE, I'm able to pull up the Forum in Firefox and complain while MC is locked in the background.   ;)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 04:48:05 pm »

However, perhaps rpalmer is referring to Step 4 (the search bar).  It is not available there under More Fields.

Yes it's missing in Step 4 (the search bar), sorry that's what I meant by "filter", should have been clearer.

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up