INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists no longer syncing to Zen Xtra  (Read 1020 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Playlists no longer syncing to Zen Xtra
« on: September 19, 2006, 02:31:36 pm »

I had been synching my Zen Xtra with no problems....

I recently updated to the latest MC 11 release (using the check for updates menu item in MC), and now playlists won't transfer to the Zen.  The tracks transfer fine, but there are now playlists shown on the handheld.

I saw an April 3 2006 post by Markeau about the same problem, in which he said he resolved it by updating the firmware in his Zen.  From the date of his post, I assume he's referring to the latest "plays for sure" firmware release.

I do not want to do this, since there have been numerous reports of Xtras being bricked in attempts to update to the latest Creative firmware, which appears to have some serious bug issues.

So my question is, what version of MC 11 do I have to roll back to get the playlists synching with my existing Zen Xtra firmware?

Thanks.

Nolo

SwellGuy

Re: Playlists no longer syncing to Zen Xtra
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 08:47:06 am »

Can you browse the Xtra and see the playlist files? Send a snapshot of your system info (from the Help menu). What version were you running before you updated?

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Re: Playlists no longer syncing to Zen Xtra
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 10:47:58 am »

Hi Swellguy,

Thanks for your reply, I ended up doing the firmware update to the plays-for-sure version so I could check out audiobooks from my local library.  That fixed the problem, and synching works the best it ever has.

Just FYI, the files in the playlists were transferring to the Zen OK, it was just that no playlists themselves were being created on the Zen.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up