INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.73  (Read 2708 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.73
« on: September 19, 2006, 06:04:57 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120073.exe

History

12.0.73 (9/19/06)

1. Fixed: Windows Server 2003 could report a Windows Media error during installation.
2. Fixed: WAV (or other DirectShow) audio playback types wouldn't stop as fast as expected.
3. Fixed: Video playback could fail on some machines.
4. Changed: Cross-fade length can't be longer than half the length of the file that just played. (for playing very short files)
5. Fixed: When playing very short files, the player could stall and stop playing more files.
6. Fixed: Double-clicking a file in Playing Now with "Always jump to Playing Now" selected could cause a crash.
7. Fixed: The status below a video while it was loading did not support translation.
8. Changed: Tweaked how grabbing a handle of a slider works so only non-alpha regions are grabbable.
9. Fixed: Otto could wrongly see a Media Center tagging action as an external change in certain cases.
10. Fixed: Possible rare crash with multi-threaded skinning.
11. Changed: When saving tag changes, the status bar will say "Saving tag changes (playing file remaining -- stop playback to finish)" to clarify this scenario.

12.0.72 (9/18/06)

1. Fixed: Image caption no longer being bozoed when zooming.
2. Fixed: Vista was causing a crash when browsing for folders.
3. Fixed: WMV playback would fail on some systems.
4. Changed: Artist is flagged as "all media types". (instead of audio specific)
5. Fixed: Integer-style fields would be a drop-list instead of a combobox when editing.
6. Fixed: Empty playlists would use image columns instead of audio columns. (switches automatically when adding files)
7. Changed: More fields are available in the Tag window.
8. Fixed: Right-clicking without moving the mouse first in fullscreen mode wouldn't show the mouse cursor.
9. Changed: Resizing the window no longer moves the camera position of 3D visualizations to a random spot.
10. Fixed: Black portions of images in the 3D visualiztions could show as transparent.
11. Changed: Sample Grabber method of thumbnailing is not used when FFDShow video decoder filter is detected.
12. Changed: Video playback doesn't prevent video slideshows on single file double-click.
13. Changed: Display resizes when borders appear in fullscreen.

12.0.71 (9/15/06)

1. New: Added option "Avoid WMV Acceleration" for WM video playback.
2. Fixed: Some WM video files with DirectSubVob subtitles would not play (introduced in 12.0.70).
3. Fixed: Playlist alarm not working on iPods.
4. Changed: Added recognition of some of the new iPods.
5. Fixed: Ratings not getting synced back properly from some iPods running newer firmware.
6. Changed: Some tweaks in Video Playback Options.
7. NEW: Menus support typed-key navigation. (when underlines are showing (Alt+[Key]) pressing a key will still do selections)
8. Fixed: Showing a submenu with scroll arrows multiple times from the same parent could cause a dead space to appear below the menu items.
9. Fixed: After some series of menu / mouse clicks, the auto-show menus in the view header could stop working.
10. Changed: People, places, and events are flagged as "all media types". (instead of image specific)
11. Changed: Captions on slideshow are cleared after new image load and displayed at the end of the transition.
12. NEW: Getting cover art from the internet is fully threaded so it doesn't block using the program.
13. Changed: "DirectShow audio/video playback settings ..." has been renamed "DirectShow playback settings..."; and likewise "DirectShow Audio Video Playback Options" renamed "DirectShow Playback Options".
14. NEW: Added previous / next display buttons in display view when viewing images, visualizations, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.73
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 06:27:19 pm »

I'm not sure if it's just this build acting up or if it's just that MC is currently importing and building thumbnails for my new media (today's recordings), but the Theater View sluggishness is horrible so far in this build.  I'm seeing very low frame rates (as low as 13fps for a split second here and there, though they are still bouncing around a lot), and the "pause" before Girder responds to my button press is often around 2.5 seconds.

I'm going to wait a bit for MC to calm down and see if it's any better.

EDIT: It did calm down, and went back to how it was with build .71 (and I discovered that BTV was running it's "guide download" procedure when I tested before and that consumes like 33% CPU time while it's running).  Either way though, with the background visualization and animation Theater View is much more sensitive to system load level than it was previously.

Before, I never had to pay attention much to what was going on on the machine (other than super-intensive tasks obviously).  Now, you never quite know what you're gonna get...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 06:38:19 pm »

Before, I never had to pay attention much to what was going on on the machine (other than super-intensive tasks obviously).  Now, you never quite know what you're gonna get...
TheaterView is still in an "experimental" state and some of the slugishness will clear up when Matt gets a chance to get back to it.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 06:41:32 pm »

Tiny annoyance... I have my "Startup Postion" set to Playing Now.  On my HTPC when I first start up MC12, because it selects Playing Now (which is no longer at the top of the Tree of course), and because of my slightly larger fonts, it scrolls the Tree down so I can't see more than the bottom of the Audio, Images, Video tree items.  This is a little silly because the Playing Now (the whole tree in fact) can be seen at once with the top items still on the screen, it just seems to want the Playing Now choice to be "centered" in the Tree View for some reason...

Any way this could be modified to only scroll the Tree if it has to (when otherwise the selected item would not be visible)?

It's a tiny thing, but it confused my wife.  She opened it, and was like, "where's the video button?".   ?

BTW... Even though I don't like the new Audio/Images/Video "button" style tree as much, my wife's reaction to it (other than above annoyance) has been extremely positive.  So, I guess I'm overruled!   :o

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 07:27:59 pm »

The change that was made to mouse wheel scrolling a few versions back (what was the benefit?),  has been a performance degradation to scrolling.  The degradation is that now you must actively click in an MC sub-window in order to get scrolling to work at all, whereas before which ever window you hover over obeyed scrolling without a click.  I wonder if there are any users of wheel scrolling who have noticed a performance enhancement since this change was made?  I for one have sure noticed a performance degradation.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 08:27:14 pm »

The change that was made to mouse wheel scrolling a few versions back (what was the benefit?),  has been a performance degradation to scrolling.  The degradation is that now you must actively click in an MC sub-window in order to get scrolling to work at all, whereas before which ever window you hover over obeyed scrolling without a click.  I wonder if there are any users of wheel scrolling who have noticed a performance enhancement since this change was made?  I for one have sure noticed a performance degradation.

No changes were made in this area.  A click should not be required.  Perhaps you changed your mouse software -- some driver programs try to be too smart and goof MC up.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jgreen

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 08:56:43 pm »

Probably just coincidence, but I noticed that appearance of a graphical floating slider object in v.066 and thereafter, and the disappearance of hover-over scrolling.  All other programs conitnue to respond normally.

From v.066:
1. NEW: Middle mouse button smooth scrolling is supported in file lists and the left navigation pane.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 09:32:37 pm »

Another little thing... In trying to solve my above-noted problem I decided to just disable some of the features of MC that I don't use, such as Find CD and Start.  Unchecking "Start" in Options --> General --> Advanced --> Features has no effect (though it did work for "Find CD").

Though, unchecking Find CD did solve my other problem, so unless anyone else complains I guess you can ignore that one.   ;)  It's weird that it scrolls when it doesn't have to but such is life...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 10:10:05 pm »

I had left the Options dialog open for a while in the background while I posted a message here (don't know if it's related to leaving the dialog open, but full disclosure and all that) and I got another one of those error boxes.

This time, the first error dialog didn't crash, but clicking OK just brought up another, and another, and another (and then it crashed and I had to End Task on MC).

This time I got the text, but it's too long to post here directly.  It starts with...

Code: [Select]
CPU: AuthenticAMD, AMD Unknown CPU Type, MMX @ 2133 MHz

Application data:
VmVyc2lvbjogV2xGQlhVSlFWRlphUkU1RFJrTlZKQ2xTT3lRN1ZpQXN
BQWRWUHlFOEl6QnpaSHQrZHpNa0lqc2tJelpGY25SOWVHcC9SemM3Uj
NKNGIzRkRNUT09DQpJbWFnZUJhc2U6IDBCRDIwMDAwDQpFaXA6IDU3N
ENDODANCkVheDogM0EwMDAwMA0KRWN4OiBCNUE0QTU4DQpFZHg6IDAN

If you want the rest of it, you can view it here:  http://www.geocities.com/ri0n/mc/MC12.0.73_Error_Dump.txt

I should also mention that the error dialog appeared to be skinned like MC (I'm using Blue Steel until the transparent thing can be worked out).

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 10:31:50 pm »

12.0.73 (9/19/06)

1. Fixed: Windows Server 2003 could report a Windows Media error during installation.

Sorry Matt,  Still getting this one, though the message text has changed somewhat.
Here's the one from build 73
Note the error code with the long number wasn't there last build.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 05:46:47 pm »

A Question ?

Will Media Center support OpenAL ? this is the best way,
for directsound with Windows Vista.

Please read here more...
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&message.id=1694
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

jgreen

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 07:27:42 pm »

Immediately after installing v.073, ASIO4all 2.7 final would cause MC to crash when starting ASIO playback.  Reinstalling v.072 DID NOT cure this, only reinstalling ASIO4all 2.7 beta 1 (didn't try subsequent betas).  As a test, I reinstalled ASIO4all 2.7 final and the crashes reappeared.
Pages: [1]   Go Up