INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV tuner not using overlay mode  (Read 1717 times)

mridang_agarwal

• Recent member
TV tuner not using overlay mode
« on: September 21, 2006, 12:44:50 am »

hey guys,
I have a PCTV Pro Internal TV Tuner card in my PC. When i try and watch TV using MC it plays in Preview mode. How i switch to overlay mode. Generally all TV applications and video players use the Overlay to display video. Please tell me theres a way around this. My TV tuner card supports Overlay mode. If u ask m how i figured out it was running in Overlay mode.

In Overlay mode when u do screen capture in nay application u cannot see the video portion. You see the windows etc but the video comes as  ablack box. Alos the picture is much sharper. In preview mode if you do screen capture u can see the video portion and the picture is kind of grainy (not due to interference in the cos-ax cable)

How can i resolve this?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV tuner not using overlay mode
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 06:04:16 pm »

Many years ago when we started working on TV support, there was a choice available between overlay and preview modes, but only for VfW TV drivers. We have not concerned about such distinction for WDM devices.

Try TV Configuration -> Advanced Properties, and see if you can find anything on the capture driver property pages or preview/capture pin property pages.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up