INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.74  (Read 1991 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.74
« on: September 21, 2006, 08:40:03 am »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120074.exe

History

12.0.74 (9/20/06)

1. Changed: Log entries for DirectShow video thumbnailing threads all carry thread IDs.
2. Fixed: Checking for changed / missing files could go slower than expected if the database contained CD or DVD files.
3. Fixed: Windows Server 2003 could (still) report a Windows Media error during installation.
4. Changed: The entire audio branch (instead of just the audio renderer) is removed from the DirectShow graph for video thumbnailing.
5. Fixed: Some extended file types (JMX, etc.) would always be considered "externally changed" during an import, causing slowdowns.
6. Optimized: Loading of media files database over twice as fast.
7. Changed: Audio, images and video are loaded into the tree before other items.

12.0.73 (9/19/06)

1. Fixed: Windows Server 2003 could report a Windows Media error during installation.
2. Fixed: WAV (or other DirectShow) audio playback types wouldn't stop as fast as expected.
3. Fixed: Video playback could fail on some machines.
4. Changed: Cross-fade length can't be longer than half the length of the file that just played. (for playing very short files)
5. Fixed: When playing very short files, the player could stall and stop playing more files.
6. Fixed: Double-clicking a file in Playing Now with "Always jump to Playing Now" selected could cause a crash.
7. Fixed: The status below a video while it was loading did not support translation.
8. Changed: Tweaked how grabbing a handle of a slider works so only non-alpha regions are grabbable.
9. Fixed: Otto could wrongly see a Media Center tagging action as an external change in certain cases.
10. Fixed: Possible rare crash with multi-threaded skinning.
11. Changed: When saving tag changes, the status bar will say "Saving tag changes (playing file remaining -- stop playback to finish)" to clarify this scenario.

12.0.72 (9/18/06)

1. Fixed: Image caption no longer being bozoed when zooming.
2. Fixed: Vista was causing a crash when browsing for folders.
3. Fixed: WMV playback would fail on some systems.
4. Changed: Artist is flagged as "all media types". (instead of audio specific)
5. Fixed: Integer-style fields would be a drop-list instead of a combobox when editing.
6. Fixed: Empty playlists would use image columns instead of audio columns. (switches automatically when adding files)
7. Changed: More fields are available in the Tag window.
8. Fixed: Right-clicking without moving the mouse first in fullscreen mode wouldn't show the mouse cursor.
9. Changed: Resizing the window no longer moves the camera position of 3D visualizations to a random spot.
10. Fixed: Black portions of images in the 3D visualiztions could show as transparent.
11. Changed: Sample Grabber method of thumbnailing is not used when FFDShow video decoder filter is detected.
12. Changed: Video playback doesn't prevent video slideshows on single file double-click.
13. Changed: Display resizes when borders appear in fullscreen.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.74
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 11:02:40 am »

I initially had some problems with Thumbnailing, but now it seems to be working better (after I crashed it).

On my first run of this build, I went to Options --> Tree & View and killed all my Thumbs (I only currently have 4 MPEG-2 program stream MPGs on this machine but figured it was worth a test anyway).  After clicking OK, MC immediately began building those thumbs (I had Playing Now open with those files loaded, but nothing "playing").  The FFDSHOW video decoder icons showed up in the tray (but there was no audio decoder icons at all, good job).  The thumbs themselves never built though...

I waited and waited.  I got 4 copies of the FFDSHOW icon eventually down in the tray which, just stayed there, but the thumbs never appeared.  I tried switching around to different view schemes with no luck.  Then, I tried to play one of the video files.  It switched to Playing Now, loaded the FFDSHOW icons (both audio and video) and then promptly crashed.

Upon relaunching all of my thumbs were there.  I again erased them and let it rebuild and they worked fine this time.  I did still end up with one "orphan" FFDSHOW icon in the tray (which disappeared when I closed MC and then pointed at it so it seemed crashed).  Playback is also working fine now.

Here's a log:  http://www.geocities.com/ri0n/mc/MC12.0.74_Crash-20090921.zip

This is a different system than the ones you've heard about before from me (it's my work PC).  It is:

CPU: Pentium D 940 (3.20 GHz, Presler, Socket 775 LGA, FSB 200Mhz Quad-Pumped)
Motherboard: Intel Corporation D975XBX AAD29532-303
RAM: 1024 MB DDR2 (333 MHz, PC2-5300)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX (256 MB RAM)

Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 12.0.74 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3199 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1046 MB, Free - 596 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive V:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD RW DW-Q28A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 11:54:35 am »

I put a few images in a temp directory and added them to MC.
Tagged the images for people, places, event.
Copied the files to another directory.
Resized the original images to 1024*768 high quality,
When the resize finished, I have no thumbnails shown. Only a blue background with placeholders where the thumbnails should be. The file names are still shown though.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 12:00:45 pm »

Related to the other post, when I choose to resize, I'd like to be able to pick which dimension to use for the sizing.

When I resize to 1024*768, portrait format images are made to be 576*768 from 2304*3072. I think they should be sized to 768*1024 in this case.

Maybe have exact size, long side, short side options.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 12:05:34 pm »

Related to the other post, when I choose to resize, I'd like to be able to pick which dimension to use for the sizing.

When I resize to 1024*768, portrait format images are made to be 576*768 from 2304*3072. I think they should be sized to 768*1024 in this case.

Maybe have exact size, long side, short side options.

It'd be nice if it just always matched the longest side of the image to the longest final image dimension.  This is what the Windows XP Image Resizer power toy does, and it's what you want it to do 99.999% of the time.  That way, even non-typical aspect ratio images work right.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 12:09:48 pm »

When playing an image slideshow, I select the alternate display.
I have it set to show Caption, but always get Media Center instead.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 12:30:20 pm »

After resizing images, all EXIF data is lost.
A JPEG comment is added: Intel(R) JPEG Library, version [1.51.13.45]

I'd rather have the EXIF data preserved.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 02:13:46 pm »

tools>options>general>advanced>features...

"Start" is unticked, but is still visible in the tree.

I've reselected it, restarted MC, deselected, restarted MC, but it refuses to go away.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 02:31:53 pm »

tools>options>general>advanced>features...

"Start" is unticked, but is still visible in the tree.

I've reselected it, restarted MC, deselected, restarted MC, but it refuses to go away.

Me too.

I should mention...  The new Start and Podcast page design is very nice (and vastly superior to the old ones), even though there are two Google search bars on the Podcast page for no reason (one at the top and one way at the bottom).  I still won't use them, though.   ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up