INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to play mp4 files  (Read 1304 times)

Isosceles

How to play mp4 files
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:48:55 pm »

I just installed the MC software. I have over 1000 music files encoded with m4a - I usually play them in Itunes but I would like to play the in MC11. When I try to add the folder containing these files nothing happens. What am I missing?? ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: How to play mp4 files
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 11:11:31 pm »

You need some DirectShow filters. Download and install them, you should be able to play m4a's. Do a search of FFDShow and MP4Splitter on this forum to find where to download these filters.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Bagofrats

• Recent member
  • Always still learning
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 01:51:53 am »

Hi See "Can't convert m4a files" thead 19/09/2006 has more info.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 08:22:57 am »

After I did some serious testing last night, I've discovered that the best plan (to avoid messing up DVD playback) would be to download and install the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) rather than downloading FFDSHOW on it's own, unless you're really brave and want to use one of the bleeding-edge builds of FFDSHOW.

You can download CCCP here:

http://www.cccp-project.net/

I strongly recommend that you read the install FAQ and follow the instructions on running CCCP Insurgent and removing any pre-existing CODEC packs you might have previously had installed, as they can sometimes cause conflicts and problems.  This would include especially: previous versions of FFDSHOW, DirectVobSub, AC3Filter, and any of the other popular "codec packs" out there like K-Lite Codec pack.

After installing CCCP you may need to also enable the DirectShow option for mp4 media in MC... In MC, go here:

Tools --> Options --> Playback --> DirectShow Options and enable the checkbox.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up